The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

Here's mine, Autumn Sky Artist Package. Had it about 10 days now and still can't put it down. Simply the best guitar I've ever played, it looks, feels, sounds, plays just beautifully. Oh, and I love the Artist Package case too.

McCarty%2005_zpsgdqvt7f7.jpg

McCarty%2012_zps1rlnrncv.jpg

McCarty%2011_zpsxufehsxl.jpg

Here's mine, Autumn Sky Artist Package. Had it about 10 days now and still can't put it down. Simply the best guitar I've ever played, it looks, feels, sounds, plays just beautifully. Oh, and I love the Artist Package case too.

Beauty! Nice first post! Congrats

Like the color of the Autumn Sky - like DCSB but lighter. Like the top on the Santana yellow one.

For me, I have tried the 594 and DO REALLY LIKE the scale length but the rest of the options are not suited for me. I will wait for a 594 CU 24 trem.

Actually even the Artist Package has a lot of colors to choose from but haven't seen a lot of variety to your point. Also, PRS said they're starting with 10 tops and better, will eventually do the solid colors, but they haven't said when. The metallic green one was a custom order...

Here's a few exceptions available right now.

Dark Cherry Burst....

hymqctivmxroiw0yirhk.jpg

Santana Yellow...

wl-mcc594-s-yel-229505-main__wwg_large.jpg

Yes, great examples Guitarsan, thanks for posting them! I dig Dark Cherry Sunburst, I have owned a few PRSi over the years in that finish, and I really liked them. Awesome quilt top on that Santana Yellow, I hadn't seen that. It fact, I hadn't seen ANY quilt topped ones. My 594 Private Stock on order has a one-piece quilt top, I look forward to seeing that!

It will be in this finish, Citrus Glow:

psf73-1000-14-jpg.4230

That guitar (as seen on PSF today) is mine, a DC 245 PS, killer guitar! It was at the PTC for some enhancements...

I didn't know my Metallic Green was a custom order, I didn't ask Brian G the story behind it, I was focused on getting it asap before it disappeared! ;) I will be getting that in next week.

Holy Mackerel, Mav74! That is the nicest Autumn Sky Artist one I have seen yet!! I really dig that finish. If I were to consider an Artist 594, I am pretty sure that would be the finish I would go after.

Like the color of the Autumn Sky - like DCSB but lighter.

Yup, that's what I like about it, it is very much like Cherry Burst, but to me more "Vintage" looking, especially with the right top.

In addition to the Metallic Green, I have another one incoming. Mum's the word on what it is, until it comes in! ;)

Right on Pete
but come on already I want to get some sleep tonight (I'm halfway across the world)
so some frontal pics pls :)

Ha! Sorry for the tease guys!

Here it is:

IMG_0870_zpsiv4p6koo.jpg

IMG_0871_zps8xfbxuai.jpg

IMG_0872_zps17whkmjs.jpg

IMG_0876_zpsljh8leha.jpg

IMG_0878_zpsml8vqfye.jpg

IMG_0879_zps5xsse7tn.jpg

Willcutt's Wood Library 594, Livingston Lemonburst finish. A beautiful Brazilian Rosewood board with killer grain. I think this is the first of their WL run received, not 100% sure.

I am really blown away by this particular guitar. It is unquestionably the best sounding non-Private Stock PRS I have ever played. Maybe the best sounding guitar I have ever played, we shall see as I play it some more and after the NGD (N5D?) adrenaline wears off. :)

Great top and finish. The flame on this top is those 3D sort of flame that moves with you as your line of sight or angle viewing the guitar changes. It has perfect subtle vertical grain as well, that helps give it that vintage vibe.

I am not really a fan of Cherry backs, I really love this "Iced Tea" sort of look with the brown back, this finish with the brown back and the cream binding really gets me.

This one is extra special to me, as it is really sort of 7 years in the making. I was first floored by the DC 245 Ted McCarty run in 2009, bought one from Eric at Willcutt's at the PRS Experience in 2009, and that started by now 7 year love affair with the Short Scale PRS Doublecut, that never really existed outside of special runs and Private Stocks, until now. (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!) So this is full circle with Eric on this epic journey, I co-conspired with him on finishes and specs of the three runs he did, and bought twenty-something of them from him. :)

I remember also playing my first DC Ted from the 2009 PRS run in BostonGuitar's basement. We agreed it was awesome with the Short Scale and the binding (and the Old Birds - that was the first Old Birds model since the Outline Birds debacle), but that one wasn't 100% there yet re "Vintage" short scale tone. Later examples got better, in that PRS run, in later dealer runs, and even more so with Private Stocks I built. But with the 594, we have arrived at the destination! Mere mortal Core and WL examples of this model are all great, of the 3 I have played and owned so far, and my dealer friends have said the same.

The other thing really cool about this one is that this run was spec'ed while I was at PRS on March 1st with Eric, spec'ing my 594 Private Stock, and playing Paul's Charcoal Burst prototype. I received my GOM 594 a couple of days later, and so the next chapter of my PRS Short Scale Doublecut adventure began...

Last edited:
Ha! Sorry for the tease guys!

Here it is:

IMG_0870_zpsiv4p6koo.jpg

IMG_0871_zps8xfbxuai.jpg

IMG_0872_zps17whkmjs.jpg

IMG_0876_zpsljh8leha.jpg

IMG_0878_zpsml8vqfye.jpg

IMG_0879_zps5xsse7tn.jpg

Willcutt's Wood Library 594, Livingston Lemonburst finish. A beautiful Brazilian Rosewood board with killer grain. I think this is the first of their WL run received, not 100% sure.

I am really blown away by this particular guitar. It is unquestionably the best sounding non-Private Stock PRS I have ever played. Maybe the best sounding guitar I have ever played, we shall see as I play it some more and after the NGD (N5D?) adrenaline wears off. :)

Great top and finish. The flame on this top is that 3D some of flames that moves with you as your line of sight or angle viewing the guitar changes. It has perfect subtle vertical grain as well, that helps give it that vintage vibe.

I am not really a fan of Cherry backs, I really love this "Iced Tea" sort of look with the brown back, this finish with the brown back and the cream binding really gets me.

This one is extra special to me, as it is really sort of 7 years in the making. I was first floored by the DC 245 Ted McCarty run in 2009, bought one from Eric at Willcutt's at the PRS Experience in 2009, and that started by now 7 year love affair with the Short Scale PRS Doublecut, that never really existed outside of special runs and Private Stocks, until now. (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!) So this is full circle with Eric on this epic journey, I co-conspired with him on finishes and specs of the three runs he did, and bought twenty-something of them from him. :)

I remember also playing my first DC Ted from the 2009 PRS run in BostonGuitar's basement. We agreed it was awesome with the Short Scale and the binding (and the Old Birds - that was the first Old Birds model since the Outline Birds debacle), but that one wasn't 100% there yet re "Vintage" short scale tone. Later examples got better, in that PRS run, in later dealer runs, and even more so with Private Stocks I built. But with the 594, we have arrived at the destination! Mere mortal Core and WL examples of this model are all great, of the 3 I have played and owned so far, and my dealer friends have said the same.

The other thing really cool about this one is that this run was spec'ed while I was at PRS on March 1st with Eric, spec'ing my 594 Private Stock, and playing Paul's Charcoal Burst prototype. I received my GOM 594 a couple of days later, and so the next chapter of my PRS Short Scale Doublecut adventure began...
That is just awesome! When I pull the trigger on a 594 I'll be searching for one just like this.

The problem I'm having is that I told myself that I'm not getting any more guitars unless I get rid of something first. There's a 594 about 3 miles from me (according to the dealer's site at least). Finish is what I'd have picked as my favorite, and I'm sure if I play it, I'd buy it. I guess I need to decide what to get rid of before trying a 594. I just don't know what I'd let go of though... Oh well, we'll see....

Back