The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

Paging MA Pete to the GREEN courtesy phone.

Who, me?

DSC_6103_zps9mmjh4bh.jpg

:)

I really enjoyed reading this post!

You've obviously concentrated on the Classic Burst kind of sound, and you seem to be more focused on it.

You're less concerned about whether it has certain decoration and trim.

I may be jumping to conclusions here, but it appears to me that you've finally found the whole package, and the sound and playability are more compelling to you than some of the other stuff you used to need to have.

I think after much searching, you've found your musical home. It's a beautiful thing!

Thanks Les, I appreciate your comments, and you really hit the nail on the head! This model definitely is "Home" for me, a destination of sorts from the 7 or so year journey that is well "Chronicled" elsewhere. (Where I also need to get caught up on recent events...)

I don't really feel the need for a fancy Private Stock at this time, the Core and Wood Library 594's will do just fine, they all play and sound great. I might be able to even enjoy a plain old opaque-topped 594, like for instance the one pictured above! ;)

I don't really feel the need for a fancy Private Stock at this time, the Core and Wood Library 594's will do just fine, they all play and sound great. I might be able to even enjoy a plain old opaque-topped 594, like for instance the one pictured above! ;)

I agree with you 100%.

PRS is going to sell an awful lot of 594s.

I can remember back when a guitar caused this much talk, and it was when the Les Paul was re-introduced in late fall of 1967. There has been talk about other guitars which stirred up the masses, like the shark fin D'Angelico did for a couple of months when it was first mentioned in Guitar Player magazine.

However, I believe the 594 will be discussed in comparison to a Les Paul a lot longer, as more players find out and try them.

All this discussion has caused me to think about different wood options and colors for my guitar, but I now believe I had it right early on.

Looking in the dealer's threads at some of the 594's being received by dealers now. Some are really beautiful.

I just wish I was not seeing the same colors being ordered by every dealer. When they go WL level, they are offered so many other colors to choose from.

Also, why so many IRW necks? I'm seeing a lot of those on 594's lately as well.

When they go WL level, they are offered so many other colors to choose from.

I'm willing to bet that the more traditional colors are in greater demand for this model, if not for most PRS models.

Put yourself in the dealer's shoes; your job is to sell guitars to customers. Are you going to go with the most popular colors, or take a risk on the wilder stuff?

People love the feel, and many love the slight lower midrange emphasis they add. It's a popular option.

Last edited:
Looking in the dealer's threads at some of the 594's being received by dealers now. Some are really beautiful.

I just wish I was not seeing the same colors being ordered by every dealer. When they go WL level, they are offered so many other colors to choose from.

Actually even the Artist Package has a lot of colors to choose from but haven't seen a lot of variety to your point. Also, PRS said they're starting with 10 tops and better, will eventually do the solid colors, but they haven't said when. The metallic green one was a custom order...

Here's a few exceptions available right now.

Dark Cherry Burst....

hymqctivmxroiw0yirhk.jpg

Santana Yellow...

wl-mcc594-s-yel-229505-main__wwg_large.jpg

Back