The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

I don't think we are supposed to discussing pricing here. Sent you a PM...

Having another "N5D" tomorrow, I am excited about that! :)
Thanks Pete. Didn't want to actually discuss price, but rather figure out if there are different levels of core finish. Sounds like there's 10 top and non 10 top, at the least. I'll drop you a note back...

Based solely on my perusals of the 594s available, I see pricing differences based on the following:

Top: Standard, 10 top, Wood Library
Neck: Standard Mahogany, Indian Rosewood
Fretboard: Standard Rosewood, Ebony

The pricing varies based on the various combinations of the above.
That obviously ignores the PS versions.

Kevin

Just perfect!! Amazing how much your guitar looks like my McCarty Singlecut, grain pattern and all!!

You're going to love this!!

Enjoy.

Kevin

Guitar%20Pic%202%20of%2015.jpg

I decided to join in the fun:

And it looks like some of my confusion was over somebody violating MAP I think..

Regardless, you guys are a bunch of jerks :) I folded like a cheap suit.

My collection was but a small fraction of yours. Yet I was quite content with it until the GOM 594 was announced. Welcome to the cheap suit will power club.

And it looks like some of my confusion was over somebody violating MAP I think..

Oh yeah baby! Mission accomplished! Congrats in advance.

Ha! That was quick!! :)

Congrats and welcome to the club!

New 594 Ivoroid Tuner Button day here (so far):

IMG_0905%201_zpsvylnocbn.jpg

I had to buy a few sets to cover recent and incoming purchases! ;)

Another N5D!! Needed something to do with those Ivoroid Buttons...

IMG_0907_zps4loaobbv.jpg

IMG_0914_zpscx52hqgz.jpg

IMG_0916_zpst3nk1vwc.jpg

IMG_0917_zpsqdcxnchy.jpg

First impressions:
  • WOW!! Wild finish. I joked with Alan that I may need to keep it in the other room, it visually overpowers the room full of vintage finished guitars.
  • Really shows off the top carve - proof that a Goldtop will also be awesome.
  • I dig that this has a Natural Back, if it were all Metallic Green, I would not have been interested. I normally like darker brown backs, like my other two have. But for this guitar, the Natural totally works. Provides for a great contrast to the super bright Metallic Green top, also has a lot of great grain in the back of the neck as you look down at the neck while playing.
  • Tone Monster! I jammed on it for a while, thought it sounded great. I was concerned for a second that it sounded better than my Willcutt's Wood Library one, so I switched to that one. They both sound EXACTLY the same. Exactly. I would not be able to tell them apart blindfolded. I have now owned the GOM and 4 WL/Core guitars, I am amazed with the consistency of amazing tone across these, best of any PRS model I have experienced in this regard. Paul, Eric and I spoke about that in March at PRS. Paul assured me that they had "cracked the code" and that they would be able to consistently build these as good sounding as the GOM's. I was skeptical. Paul - Holy crap, you were right! ;)
  • The neck on this one is BEEFY! In a good way. A little bigger than the others.
  • Will look better with Ivoroid Tuner Buttons! :)

Woo-hoo! Fun times.

More later...

Back