The New Forum Guitar travel thread

The Forum Guitar has now moved on to rugerpc! Had a great time meeting with veinbuster and rugerpc last night. I want to thank veinbuster for making the long drive from Harrisburg in rush hour with tornado warnings in place and rugerpc for hosting us and sharing some of his awesome gear. It was really nice to talk some PRS with some guys, and not have to type. Thank you to Sergio for the great idea. I hope other members get to share some great experiences through this as well. I have a pic or two I will share later.

The Forum Guitar has now moved on to rugerpc! Had a great time meeting with veinbuster and rugerpc last night. I want to thank veinbuster for making the long drive from Harrisburg in rush hour with tornado warnings in place and rugerpc for hosting us and sharing some of his awesome gear. It was really nice to talk some PRS with some guys, and not have to type. Thank you to Sergio for the great idea. I hope other members get to share some great experiences through this as well. I have a pic or two I will share later.

It was great to witness the first signatures being added. And the guitar is well worth owning. Practice your signatures folks - seriously, the pen will drool ink if you don't.

The forum guitar made a short journey from Severn MD to Carroll County, MD last night. As Rob says above,the weather was a bit dicey in the area. Massive kudos to veinbuster who made what was probably a 3 hour round trip to participate. Monster kudos too to JustRob for the work prepping the guitar and getting the decal on. While we are at it, more kudos to Hopefulsinner for the donation of the quality case and to Brian for his donating the great guitar.

I had never played a Korina, so I had no idea what I was missing. The guitar has a really nice balance and it sounds great through my Hughes and Kettner Trilogy no matter what pups are going or how clean or dirty the amp is. Whoever ends up with this guitar will have a truly musical instrument. I can't wait to try it after Chris tweaks it!

I'll try to get a hold of south89 and Danerada, 2 more Maryland residents for more signatures.

We all signed outside the bird outline. The pens (which will travel with the guitar) are pretty free flowing and the tips are not what you would call fine. I encourage everyone signing this guitar to practice with the signing pen on a scrap of paper before trying on the guitar itself.

You will see from the pics below that signing next to the bird outline will probably leave some gapping over letters and between signatures. To get a good bird outline after everyone has signed, it may be necessary to come back and do some discreet fills with doodles to make the outline pop when the sticker is removed - especially around the wingtip feathers and other such small details...

On to the pics!

veinbuster tries out the action:
fg004.jpg

JustRop puts on the first ink:
fg005.jpg

veinbuster follows:
fg006.jpg

fg007.jpg

rugerpc inks a bit:

fg008.jpg

the sigs so far:

fg009.jpg

the guitar and case:

fg010.jpg

the 'steamer trunk' treatment begins with a couple of stickers:

fg011.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for taking pictures of the first signatures being added. Really cool. Glad you guys had a good time. Can't wait to see this in person and add my own.

So cool, I think it should be a point that everyone who signs it gets their photo taken with the guitar while signging it.

I will personally have every photo printed and assembled in a book that can live with the guitar. This is special and deserves to be captured forever.

So cool, I think it should be a point that everyone who signs it gets their photo taken with the guitar while signging it.

I will personally have every photo printed and assembled in a book that can live with the guitar. This is special and deserves to be captured forever.

That will be most excellent.
In a funny twist of timing I found out after leaving the guitar that there is a signature to be added in Toronto.

I'm making a folder with all the pics here too, Mike. We'll be covered in the event one of our drives crashes...

That will be most excellent.
In a funny twist of timing I found out after leaving the guitar that there is a signature to be added in Toronto.

You can add 'Toronto' at the experience or if you won't be there, I'll add it for you if you want...

I'm making a folder with all the pics here too, Mike. We'll be covered in the event one of our drives crashes....

Sounds good to me!

Shout out to Brian for such a cool axe.... thanks for being such a big supporter of the forum as well as actually participating in general conversations on here, we love having you!

It's so great to see this get underway. I'm looking forward to being a part of it all. Way to go everybody!

Lloyd/Goldtop

You can add 'Toronto' at the experience or if you won't be there, I'll add it for you if you want...

No need to add it. I should have said that Rodicus in Toronto wants to sign. If I'd know before leaving Maryland I could have brought the guitar back with me. We'll get his signature later, along with anyone else who puts up their hand in the area.

The forum Guitar got another signature! South89 (Matt) met me halfway in Frederick, MD.

Matt plays for his lunch:
fg012.jpg

Matt unwilling to let go:
fg013.jpg

Another name goes on the front:
fg014.jpg

Matt generously donates a quality PRS strap to the cause!
fg015.jpg

Another sticker for the 'steamer trunk':
fg016.jpg

And the guitar had it's first actual casualty. While I was stretching strings out of the way for Matt to sign, the A string broke at the tuner. OOPS! Good thing the next place it goes is to Chris (CRGTR) for some mods and TLC!

Last edited:
Back