The New Forum Guitar travel thread

rugerpc

A♥ hoards guitars ♥A Soldier 25, DFZ
Here we go!

The New Forum Guitar is setting out on it's journey. I'm hoping that at each stop, the contributing Forum Member will post a pic or few of the guitar and describe it's visit with them.. EDIT I will also save all of the pics here locally just in case someone's photo server dies. At the end, we can print them all out for an album to include with the guitar.

EDIT: Have a look at these threads:
The-New-Forum-Guitar-idea-too-soon?
The-Mod-Plan-The-New-Forum-Guitar
The-New-Forum-Guitar-Travel-Itinerary

Hopeful Sinner shipped a case to Brian's Guitars. Brian is donating the guitar and shipping it out on it's journey.
fg001.jpg

Brian, any more pics before you pack it up?

Last edited:
Just got the guitar from UPS. Beautiful case Jon, and of course many thanks to Brian G for the awesome guitar. Can't wait to get started on it, but my wife and son gave me tickets to a concert all day tomorrow. She has a knack for doing something wonderful and messing me up. :laugh: I'll get some pics and maybe some video up as I go.

Well if this is what I think it is, if it makes it North of the border I'd gladly take it onto a big stage for a cameo and some photo ops from the countless photographers.
Is this one where everyone is supposed to add a mod as well?
Or am I thinking of something totally different in a travelling guitar.

Well if this is what I think it is, if it makes it North of the border I'd gladly take it onto a big stage for a cameo and some photo ops from the countless photographers.
Is this one where everyone is supposed to add a mod as well?
Or am I thinking of something totally different in a travelling guitar.

It's one and the same... not everybody needs to add a mod, with the exception of a pic and a signature!

Top sanded. I should have the vinyl on and guitar reassembled Friday. Anyone in the MD area interested in signing please let me know. I'm hoping a bunch of us can get together.

IMG_20130605_223941_724_zps7bafd6a7.jpg

Vinyl on. Taking suggestions before I put it all back together.

Anyone in the MD area ( I'm near BWI ), or comfortably close, who would like to get together and sign it, PM me Maybe we can do a cookout, jam, a few beers and some pics for the thread.

Bird_zps0c02e433.jpg

Last edited:
Rob, I'm in Hagerstown md but I am busy all weekend moving and I'm not sure where you are located. If you want you can pm me. Great project

Vinyl on. Taking suggestions before I put it all back together.

Anyone in the MD area ( I'm near BWI ), or comfortably close, who would like to get together and sign it, PM me Maybe we can do a cookout, jam, a few beers and some pics for the thread.

Bird_zps0c02e433.jpg

She looks just capital Rob!!! Bravo!!!

Yo! Rob!

BIRD ME!!

That's pretty slick!
I probably could have used you PC expertise when I found my vinyl cutter I hadn't used for a few years only had 32 bit XP drivers and works on a parallel port. Every solution brought a new problem. I finally beat the machine though, and now I have everything put back together. It's time to get this party started.

WHERE EVER the guitar is at the end of July, I need it shipped back to me in Maryland for a DATE SENSITIVE appearance at a Celtic Wedding....

Back