The "New Forum Guitar" idea.... too soon?

A couple of years ago someone I know passed away. We sent a camera around to everyone so we could get memorial pictures for his family.

Moral of this story is, I wound up having the camera's for a year and half. I am out on this, as I will just screw it up.

A couple of years ago someone I know passed away. We sent a camera around to everyone so we could get memorial pictures for his family.

Moral of this story is, I wound up having the camera's for a year and half. I am out on this, as I will just screw it up.

Lol. You just have to be the highest bidder at auction. Then there's no problem, and you're still in. :biggrin:

I would be happy to donate an SE to this cause. Maybe a Singlecut Korina? Something easy to sign?

I've done something similar with another group with great success. Great idea Sergio. A little brotherhood will go a long way.:top:

I would be happy to donate an SE to this cause. Maybe a Singlecut Korina? Something easy to sign?

You are a KING among men!!

I will donate a PRS Vintage style Multi Fit hardshell case for this guitar to be shipped around in...

Last edited:
I'm in, great idea Serg! Obviously I can't sign or do any mods but happy to chip in towards freight cost as it seems Brian G has graciously offered a SE already! What a dude!

Count me in. I will donate to the cause plus include a PRS strap that came with my thank you package. I know the Strap isn't anything major but just trying to help. Great idea Sergio

Alright! Sorry to those of you who tried to PM me, my box was full.

Brian G! What an awesome gesture!

This is still completely hypothetical, and I'm not sure exactly how collecting money and donations pertains to staying within the forum rules, so let's keep speaking about this in a "perfect world" kind of way.

I think it's great so many of us would like to do this, and I would really like to get this guitar to as many members as possible. If Brian G. is willing to donate a guitar (and that's cool with everybody including the forum and PRS guitars) then perhaps we could use any money for shipping to those long distance locations.

I am hoping that we might be able to have multiple members within close proximity to each other, be able to meet up and sign the guitar. It could be a minor get together (which could be fun!) that would allow us to save a few bucks on shipping, and allow us to send it out to more locations.

There have been a bunch of cool ideas so far, and I welcome everybody to offer more ideas as long as we keep them appropriate to the task at hand.

If shipping to the EU and AUS is going to be way too expensive, I would like to se if there would be a way for those members to sign a decal that we could apply to the guitar.

Please keep in mind that aside from the one time I organized a dance off to save my local community center ( which later inspired the movie "Breakin 2 Electric Boogaloo" ) I am not a professional event planner or organizer. If anybody's feelings get hurt or any animosity comes up from this, it's over.

Sounds like a great idea Sergio!! And I agree about maybe meeting up with others nearby to do the signing of the guitar and cut down on costs.

I'm in!! And will help in any way that I can. :top:

Alright! Sorry to those of you who tried to PM me, my box was full.

Brian G! What an awesome gesture!

This is still completely hypothetical, and I'm not sure exactly how collecting money and donations pertains to staying within the forum rules, so let's keep speaking about this in a "perfect world" kind of way.

I think it's great so many of us would like to do this, and I would really like to get this guitar to as many members as possible. If Brian G. is willing to donate a guitar (and that's cool with everybody including the forum and PRS guitars) then perhaps we could use any money for shipping to those long distance locations.

I am hoping that we might be able to have multiple members within close proximity to each other, be able to meet up and sign the guitar. It could be a minor get together (which could be fun!) that would allow us to save a few bucks on shipping, and allow us to send it out to more locations.

There have been a bunch of cool ideas so far, and I welcome everybody to offer more ideas as long as we keep them appropriate to the task at hand.

If shipping to the EU and AUS is going to be way too expensive, I would like to se if there would be a way for those members to sign a decal that we could apply to the guitar.

Please keep in mind that aside from the one time I organized a dance off to save my local community center ( which later inspired the movie "Breakin 2 Electric Boogaloo" ) I am not a professional event planner or organizer. If anybody's feelings get hurt or any animosity comes up from this, it's over.

Not a problem, sounds like a very cool project. Im down to do it - just keep me posted. I dont have too too much time to help plan, but Im glad to help with the guitar!

Okey Dokey....

First off this is a great idea!!!

As i'm sure you'll understand I'm out when it come's to passing the actual guitar around, but....

If anyone is prepared to post one of the back plates such as the trem cover, control plate, or decal as Sergio mentioned, then that would be pretty cheap for me to sign and return. it would be great to be a part of it any way I can even if it's a small donation.

I'll help anyway I possibly can!

Okey Dokey....

First off this is a great idea!!!

As i'm sure you'll understand I'm out when it come's to passing the actual guitar around, but....

If anyone is prepared to post one of the back plates such as the trem cover, control plate, or decal as Sergio mentioned, then that would be pretty cheap for me to sign and return. it would be great to be a part of it any way I can even if it's a small donation.

I'll help anyway I possibly can!

Great idea, if maybe the covers etc could do a tour over to Europe and also down under we can all get hands on and be a part of this.

I'm even more in now!

To emphasize the guitar's travels, everyone needs to put their city and state (and country fer the feriners) when they sign. I say send the control covers overseas right away!

Back