1st-time PRS Soon To Be Owner

When you say "Artist" is that the same as Signature Models or are they a separate category?
I think there are signature models at every level. The Silver Sky and Santanas are at multiple levels. The designations Les refers to spans many models, while models (including signature models) might be at one or multiple designations.

When you say "Artist" is that the same as Signature Models or are they a separate category?
Most Signature models are Core models. There used to be an "Artist Package" with a fancier top, inlays and case, etc. But the popularity of the Wood Library models kind of eliminated it, since they're pretty much the same thing.

Most Signature models are Core models. There used to be an "Artist Package" with a fancier top, inlays and case, etc. But the popularity of the Wood Library models kind of eliminated it, since they're pretty much the same thing.
Thanks Laszlo.

Congratulations, my son. You have chosen wisely. As you can see from my avatar, I know from whence you speak. I find every position very usable. I find that with each amplifier I use, different pickups combos work better/less well. The neck/middle setting is my go to for rhythmn playing. I generally use a very bright amp with just a volume and a tone control. The 4 setting rules with it.
Very cool Doc!! It's arriving on Tuesday...
Indeed, my amps reside as well in the bright zone,,, Morgans, Voxes.....

Thanks again all~ I'm very certain this'll be another guitar I'll refrain from altering, outside of a spit shine & string changes....
and uh... a tone cap value change.... I don't care if it's made of bubble gum, but something in my favoured .006 to .008uf range..... Truly magical

Last edited:
WOW!!,,, Got the guitar today,, a day early,,,
bummer, huh?!

What I'm totally delighted to find, & this is a 1st for me, was that PRS oriented the pickups as S-N-N (br-mid-nk), NOT Strat-like, which suits me just fine cuz I now possibly see a push/push pot in the cockpit (like all my Strats) , so when I activate the Bridge & the Neck, it'll be in proper polarity for totally Tele territory!! Of course before venturing, I'll be certain to check out PRS's wiring, just in case there's any more pleasant surprises....

This 2008 burst is in 'as new' condition.... original case & all the case candy.... I've been a P90 guy for 40+ years & this model has been my phantasy guitar for years!! This is 'it',,,, I'm tapping out... Truth be told, I'm an amp guy since I was 8, in '63....

Thanks guys & gals & happy rockin', and I WILL report back!!ॐ
peace

bummer, huh?!

What I'm totally delighted to find, & this is a 1st for me, was that PRS oriented the pickups as S-N-N (br-mid-nk), NOT Strat-like, which suits me just fine cuz I now possibly see a push/push pot in the cockpit (like all my Strats) , so when I activate the Bridge & the Neck, it'll be in proper polarity for totally Tele territory!! Of course before venturing, I'll be certain to check out PRS's wiring, just in case there's any more pleasant surprises....

This 2008 burst is in 'as new' condition.... original case & all the case candy.... I've been a P90 guy for 40+ years & this model has been my phantasy guitar for years!! This is 'it',,,, I'm tapping out... Truth be told, I'm an amp guy since I was 8, in '63....

peace
Awesome, and yes please report back!

bummer, huh?!

peace
Nice!

WELL, why am I not surprised..... After decades of Gibsons & Fenders, with nothing really daring or groundbreaking wiring-wise to speak of, except for my own touches, PRS done gone ahead & gave me my revered Bridge & Neck pups in position #3!! Outstanding!! Though the Middle & Neck will BOTH be north, perhaps I'll be swayed by the likely nasal but funky, lower output sound, and all for the better....!! Right now, with old strings off, a hit of the Magic Cloth with coconut oil drying overnight, tomorrow WILL be a grate day.... I'll play better, jump farther,

Back