The "New Forum Guitar" idea.... too soon?

Sounds good!
Some might say...

image_zpsa2aa0196.jpg

I think (hope) that I speak for the people not in the US and say it would be great to actually be hands on with this. Thinking out loud, is there anybody with a corporate account or sufficient access to one of the big carriers that might be able to get a deal on this going global? It is for charity after all!

Liking the idea of a partial finish strip, it was worrying me how we could all sign it.

I have a USA bridge and some pickups. I have some NOS Bill Lawrence mini-hums that sound awesome in the SE One's. I can can also pop a push-pull in for coil tapping. Or would you all rather keep a P90 in there? If you wanted to go bold, I could pop a full 'bucker in there. I've got a lot of options there.... Y'all let me know.
This is an AWESOME idea!! And of course there would be some video!

I have a USA bridge and some pickups. I have some NOS Bill Lawrence mini-hums that sound awesome in the SE One's. I can can also pop a push-pull in for coil tapping. Or would you all rather keep a P90 in there? If you wanted to go bold, I could pop a full 'bucker in there. I've got a lot of options there.... Y'all let me know.
This is an AWESOME idea!! And of course there would be some video!

Now we're talkin!

I have an SE Singlecut Korina to donate (humbuckers). I think it would be great for signing, also has binding up the neck that people could write some inscriptions on Im sure. How do you folks feel about this? Hopeful Sinner has offered to send me a hardshell case and then I can get it out to whoever is starting this shindig. Also, maybe since it will be traveling in the hardshell - if we run out of room on the guitar, folks can move on to signing the case.

Maybe Hopeful Sinner sends me the hardshell, I pack it up and send it off to Chris Reynolds for some good old fashioned tweaking?

I'm in. But a slight mod to a suggestion - someone earlier suggested adding location info to our signature. Given that we're hopefully going to have a large number of sigs, that would significantly cut down on the space we have. So I'd suggest instead of that, we consider numbering our sigs and keep a list where we can put our name and location info.

Regardless, this is a very cool idea!

I'm in. But a slight mod to a suggestion - someone earlier suggested adding location info to our signature. Given that we're hopefully going to have a large number of sigs, that would significantly cut down on the space we have. So I'd suggest instead of that, we consider numbering our sigs and keep a list where we can put our name and location info.

Regardless, this is a very cool idea!

I was thinking more of a separate thread where people could add a location, then their name, and others could continually quote the list and add their name within the quote to the location, or a new location and their name. Use that to map out meetings and hand-offs, or shortest shipping route to the next guy.

I was thinking more of a separate thread where people could add a location, then their name, and others could continually quote the list and add their name within the quote to the location, or a new location and their name. Use that to map out meetings and hand-offs, or shortest shipping route to the next guy.

I like it!

I want to make a suggestion and see what everyone thinks about it. How about we dedicate this guitar (or even the project itself) to Bill Haggerty? We could name it "The Wilerty" or "The Wilerty Project" or something along those lines. Have a nice plaque made and placed either on the guitar or in a prominent place on the case.

As I said before, I never met him. I only knew him through his posts, so I don't know if his family or those close to him might have a problem with such a thing. Maybe we could contact his family and ask for their permission, etc. if needed?

Lloyd

I want to make a suggestion and see what everyone thinks about it. How about we dedicate this guitar (or even the project itself) to Bill Haggerty? We could name it "The Wilerty" or "The Wilerty Project" or something along those lines. Have a nice plaque made and placed either on the guitar or in a prominent place on the case.

As I said before, I never met him. I only knew him through his posts, so I don't know if his family or those close to him might have a problem with such a thing. Maybe we could contact his family and ask for their permission, etc. if needed?

Lloyd

This would be so cool to present this guitar to his family to show them what he meant to people.
I agree.

How about we dedicate this guitar (or even the project itself) to Bill Haggerty?

...I don't know if his family or those close to him might have a problem with such a thing. Maybe we could contact his family and ask for their permission, etc. if needed?
That's a good idea, Lloyd. Maybe Jack Gretz could make the contact since he's the one with the information?

Sergio,
Your idea sounds good, and I would do it, but the only people that want my autograph are bill collectors. At the end of the day, what added value would this have in an auction? Do we have iconic celebrity forum members (like is Santana really ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©)?

Frank,

The guitar is already happening. I only bumped this thread so it would be closer to the top for late-comers...

Have a look at this thread: The-New-Forum-Guitar-travel-thread

The draw is twofold. First, it is a great guitar on it's own. Second, it's getting some cool upgrades as it passes from member to member. It already has a way cool case instead of a gig bag thanks to Hopeful Sinner. At some point, Chris is gonna swap some pups or something and it will get a nice strap along the way.

In the end, it will be an auction go help some yet to be decided charity. People will bid on it for that reason alone.

Last edited:
So Sergio,

Is your idea coming to fruition the way you intended? What is the current status and where can we help you take your idea from here?

~Hans

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;131245 said:
So Sergio,

Is your idea coming to fruition the way you intended? What is the current status and where can we help you take your idea from here?

~Hans

The guitar is really starting to fill up with signatures, and is lookin' great! I have the guitar and am doing a little something to it to add a sense of luxury to it.

Anybody from the Chicagoland area interested in meeting up to sign it , or who would like to take it for a test drive should let me know!

Last edited:
Back