The "New Forum Guitar" idea.... too soon?

I hate the idea of our foreign brethren not being able to get a hand on this, and it seems to me there are a lot of people in, and only so many practical mods that can be done (even if we break the labor down to who changes which screw on which tuner) that we should be able to also donate to get this passed around. I would love to see some pics of it getting to NZ, or the UK. To me, that's a huge part of the charm of it. Kind of like the Stanley Cup of PRS guitars ( although that thought scares me a little.)

Just my thoughts.

We could begin the signature process at Exp 2013 (off campus) and then coordinate the remaining locations from there.

I will coordinate to meet with all members in Colorado (who cannot attend the Experience) and pay shipping to it's next destination.

If I may, I'd like to start a thread as an itinerary so we can get an idea of the most efficient way to move it along.
Something where you can put your location and name, and others can add their name to the location to know who to coordinate with, and where is the next closest place to send it.

If I may, I'd like to start a thread as an itinerary so we can get an idea of the most efficient way to move it along.
Something where you can put your location and name, and others can add their name to the location to know who to coordinate with, and where is the next closest place to send it.

That's a great idea and lets do that...... after I find out about the guitar.

I hate the idea of our foreign brethren not being able to get a hand on this, and it seems to me there are a lot of people in, and only so many practical mods that can be done (even if we break the labor down to who changes which screw on which tuner) that we should be able to also donate to get this passed around. I would love to see some pics of it getting to NZ, or the UK. To me, that's a huge part of the charm of it. Kind of like the Stanley Cup of PRS guitars ( although that thought scares me a little.)

Just my thoughts.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;73198 said:
We could begin the signature process at Exp 2013 (off campus) and then coordinate the remaining locations from there.

I will coordinate to meet with all members in Colorado (who cannot attend the Experience) and pay shipping to it's next destination.

Not everyone has to modify the guitar. Sign, enclose a pic with you and the guitar an pass it on. The more places/countries, the more mojo!

I volunteer to coordinate people in Maryland and ship to wherever.

Last edited:
That's a great idea and lets do that...... after I find out about the guitar.
Lol. Can you tell I'm really stoked about your idea? And you thought that was just a tremolo arm my pocket.

Hans had a really good idea about starting at the Experience. Could start at Experience this year, and end there next year.

WOW, Thanks Sergio for a great idea. Thanks Brian for donating the guitar, Thanks Hopeful Sinner for donating the case. I am in. This is cool!

Last edited:
Not everyone has to modify the guitar. Sign, enclose a pic with you and the guitar an pass it on. The more places/countries, the more mojo!

I volunteer to coordinate people in Maryland and ship to wherever.

Alright! Bill has offered to pay for shipping to Australia!!! :biggrin: You all heard him say "wherever" right? :vroam:

This is such an incredibly cool idea. The plates and pickguard could be 'reserved' for the members too far away to sign. We could do the pics with the guitar thing and/or maybe even include a small (!) item from representing our area of the world. Make sure we keep the sigs small enough to have room for everyone and have us all include our city/state/country... I'm excited, and it's just in the talking stages!

Lloyd/Goldtop

Would it be best if the PTC sanded off some finish 1st? This thing sounds like it might be handled a lot, and that might preserve the signatures better in it's travels.

I have been in contact with Brian..... looks like this is happening.... details will follow.

I'm new here, but I can honestly say that I love this idea. What a great way for a community to come together.

I understand that nobody on the forums know me well enough to send me a guitar to sign, but if there just happens to be another member in my area, I would be more than willing to meet up with them to slap a sig on it.

Back