The Fat Guy Thread

Having lost 30 lbs myself since the onset of COVID…I can offer the following personal observations.
At first there is a notable increase in sustain and less distortion secondary to a decrease in tissue dampening and vibration.
Then you notice a subtle increase in reverb because of the increased air space in the room around you.
I'll add that getting a work chair with one of those mesh bottoms has upped my toot game considerably.

I’m wondering if the mesh produces a slight filtering effect.

Less compression.

My weight loss goal is multifaceted. My primary interest is to look better nekkid and be comfortable in a business suit again.

Secondary…. it would be nice if people would stop describing my appearance with words like biker, pro-wrestler, or hit-man. This isn’t a slam against bikers. I am a biker. But I am most certainly not a wrestler or a hit-man; pro or otherwise.

Tertiary…. I am curious how much I have to lose before my farts sound different.

I got asked if I was a weight lifter the other day. Don’t know what to make of that.

Are you going to change your forum name to Hangar20 or 20inchHanger? All kidding aside, loud pipes saves lives! I have lived it and I don't know how many times my loud pipes (2000 FLSTS and 2003 FXSTDSE) stopped some idiot from hitting me!! Shiny side up Brother!!!

This isn’t a slam against bikers. I am a biker.

We should start a PRS Guitar Owners MC (motorcycle club) so that we could all start arguing about where we want to go for a ride instead of the things we usually argue about here online. hahahaha

OK, the time of reckoning begins! Weighed myself today and am at 213.5 lbs!! Goal is about 190 (last reached in 2007, lasted less than a year and had not seen a number like that prior since 1985)!!! Best of luck to all in this weight loss call!!!!
Not an excuse, but remember, muscle is heavier than fat. The first time I had this "I have to lose weight" revelation, I started working out with both elliptical and weights. 60 days later I had clearly lost a little belly fat (my main goal) but my weight went from 182 to 185. Depending on how you decide to lose weight (pure aerobic vs. aerobic plus weights) remember to do mirror tests as well as weigh-ins.

Amazingly enough, I lost a pound during thanksgiving. Christmas, +2 pounds. Haven’t felt 100% the past 2 days and struggled to get 1500 calories in (that wasn’t chocolate!), so I’m sure there’s another dropped pound or two. At 6’2” I shouldn’t be too upset with 210 but having been 180 - 190 for the previous 10 years, it’s tough to accept. At some point, I’ll be happy to have the weight to lose but for now, I feel like a fat-a$$.

Last year, there was a point where I tipped the scales at 220! Intermittent fasting, controlled calorie intake and smart choices (along with rowing) dropped those 10 pounds…but I hit a wall.

We should start a PRS Guitar Owners MC (motorcycle club) so that we could all start arguing about where we want to go for a ride instead of the things we usually argue about here online. hahahaha

Already been there and done that with the motorcycles...and I have the scars, plates & screws to prove it. Lucky for me I now get to sit around and wank on my guitar all day. It's a all about perspective.;)

Trust me when I say this, as I am speaking from experience, (20 years in the motorcycle industry) bikers will argue about ANYTHING just like we do. Heck, I would bet if there is a knitting forum...they threaten each other with those big needles all the time. No offence to any of you knitters out there.:D

Back on point....I've shed around 18 LBS. In the last few months. Still got about 10 lbs to go but I'm on it!

Back