The best PRS you have seen!

CJM3175

I want this thread to become GAS central, post a (single/one/uno) picture of the best PRS guitar you have seen.

I will start with

1_A.jpg

It needs an ebony fretboard in my opinion, but to this day it remains the best top I have ever seen on a guitar.

I think you just finished this thread also...I'd be really excited about that guitar if it was a hue of red. That being said, it's probably the best top ever.

The one CJM posted is by far the best top I've ever seen on a guitar, I just can't believe PRS covered it in blue, what a waste of that top.

Naturally.....the one picture people seem to be saying is the best top they've ever seen is the one picture that isn't showing up on my 'puter. :dontknow:

I do like the one Django posted, though....very nice!!!

I could never pick a 'one best.' All of the above are amazing, yet I've also seen stuff that's not even a 10-top let alone an artist or PS grade that blow my mind. I'll still watch this thread with interest of course. ;)

In the meantime, here's an example of a "run of the mill" 'Custom' grade top I think is outstanding -

7.JPG

If I had a pic I'd post it ...it was a PS based on a 305, and was on display at the Experience a few years back...all GREEN...flame neck...tried to trade my son for it, but Paul wouldn't have anything to do with that...you know, kid trafficking, and all that...

It's an impossible task for me. You find one you think is the be-all, end-all, and then another gorgeous one comes down the pike.

Since I prefer a more traditional (one might even call it 'vintage') look, my taste probably wouldn't match up with anyone else's anyway.

I think I found this one on the forum... But this is my dream guitar.

550683_3764014863864_181303569_n.jpg

PS#3833 DC245 TREM, rosewood neck, obeche body, maple bound neck, 57/08's.

What's not to like?

Sold hours after I posted this pic online. :-(

Wasn't in position to buy the one time it was for sale used.

Now stuck in Howard Leese' personal collection, permanently, according to Mr. Leese.

It's an impossible task for me. You find one you think is the be-all, end-all, and then another gorgeous one comes down the pike.

Since I prefer a more traditional (one might even call it 'vintage') look, my taste probably wouldn't match up with anyone else's anyway.

Les and I are on the same page WAYYYY too much of the time.

That said, I was in the Wood Library one day helping my friend EC pick wood for a run of guitars for his shop. We had agreed beforehand that we were NOT there to pick wood for personal guitars. We even shook on it.

Well, I was over in the Eastern maple stacks and I came upon a piece that looked nothing like any PRS top I'd seen. It had the kind of wild, wide, unkempt ribbon flame that you see on a few (very few) of those late-1950s Gibsons that people spend absurd amounts of money on. I brought it out to show the gang and said, "I'm not here to pick wood for myself, but if I were, *this* is the kind of top that floats my boat."

A half-hour later, I'd picked out everything but the body wood and Tina had the spec sheet out for PS #3825... ...and I don't regret it at all. It's a great top that still pushes my buttons every time I look at it. It's not a bad guitar to play, either. ;)

883665_494822843905343_1245145428_o.jpg

Last edited:
We have seen so many great pieces come out of PRS land (and more to come!)
I can't help but be particularly fond of this one which eventually ended up in my personal collection:

1557461_687802507907317_446287539_n_zps57e19167.jpg

Some amazing guitars posted here! Some of my favorites. Sorry I can't post just one :(. One I couldn't find a picture of though is Steve's(11top) Faded Whale Blue DGT. Mother of Sweet Baby Jesus.

One Piece Burl
1600-PS3900_body.jpg

One Piece Quilt
8633182813_189302b33b_z.jpg

11top Goldstorm Fade
DSC_8427.jpg

Sandstorm
12005810826_b4150277b3_o.jpg

The Raspberry
8342984571_99dbaa9c2d_b.jpg

Last edited:
It's this one for me. It is a 2003 Artist CU24. I love the solid abalone birds and violin amber burst quilt top!

IMG_0003-1024_zps2b8b7ca0.jpg

Tried to find the dealer pics for this when it was new, but since it sold can't find them anymore. Amazing quilt!

paulsguitara.jpg

Back