The "Bentley" is Dead...

JMintzer

Bobble Head Moderator
To those who know what I'm talking about, the "Bentley" blew a head gasket yesterday...

12.5 years, 150+K miles... She's had a bullseye on her over the last 3 months. All 4 fenders... She was hit twice in parking lots, adding to two other "scrapes" last year...

She served me well... The best car I ever owned... She will be missed...

Car shopping tomorrow...

Your poor Bentley got hit twice in parking lots? Geez. No respect for the English! 150k isn’t generally that many miles for a Bentley.. Was it an older model? . Not trying to be nosy….. I’m just curious… One of my relatives had one and he used to take me for drives in it when I was young. The most beautiful burled walnut interior I’ve ever seen. It was new in the 60’s… what a car. Like riding on a cloud… He also lived in a castle, but that’s another story:oops::oops:

Your poor Bentley got hit twice in parking lots? Geez. No respect for the English! 150k isn’t generally that many miles for a Bentley.. Was it an older model? . Not trying to be nosy….. I’m just curious… One of my relatives had one and he used to take me for drives in it when I was young. The most beautiful burled walnut interior I’ve ever seen. It was new in the 60’s… what a car. Like riding on a cloud… He also lived in a castle, but that’s another story:oops::oops:

It wasn't really a "Bentley"...

It was a Hyundai Genesis. It had the Genesis "Wings" on the hood and trunk that looked strikingly like the Bentley wings and at one of the Experience PRS events, I pulled into the parking lot, a friend saw me and shouted , "What? You drive a Bentley??? :oops::oops::oops:"

It was a running joke for a few insiders for years...

Oh, and it also had "Burled Walnut" accents... But it might have been "Faux Walnut", who knows?

Here's the most recent "parking lot attack"...

5DE3A402-392D-400D-B62C-1951227DE3F2_1_105_c.jpeg

The "Bentley" Wings"...

3BA605C7-E718-4DD2-BE7B-FC4E0C72F06C_1_105_c.jpeg

The other "parking lot attack"

4EFF4DB0-06DB-4551-A37D-32926FD92D81_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
It wasn't really a "Bentley"...

It was a Hyundai Genesis. It had the Genesis "Wings" on the hood and trunk that looked strikingly like the Bentley wings and at one of the Experience PRS events, I pulled into the parking lot, a friend saw me and shouted , "What? You drive a Bentley??? :oops::oops::oops:"

It was a running joke for a few insiders for years...
Quite a deliberate ploy on Hyundai part those wings.
A quick glance at the front of one travelling towards you instantly made you think...Bentley!

Here's the most recent "parking lot attack"...
I don't know what it is, but there seems to be a lot of this going on lately. One of my clients has had her car hit once, and her sons car hit twice, in parking lots within the last two weeks. Nobody stopped to claim they did it or even left a note. Hit and run. Got both front fenders of her sons car within 3 days of each other and in two different locations when it was hit... but her car was hit in her own driveway!

I don't know what it is, but there seems to be a lot of this going on lately. One of my clients has had her car hit once, and her sons car hit twice, in parking lots within the last two weeks. Nobody stopped to claim they did it or even left a note. Hit and run. Got both front fenders of her sons car within 3 days of each other and in two different locations when it was hit... but her car was hit in her own driveway!

The recent one (front left fender), left a note, with all of her contact inf. Her insurance co paid me to have it fixed. But since there was alresady so much other damage, and the car had over 150K miles, I decided not to fix it.

Maybe the car got mad at me....:p

I'm just looking for comfortable, reliable transportation for now. I plan on retiring in a year or so and we'll be moving to FL.

That's when I'll get a "fun car"...

I'm thinking of one of these...

View attachment 11859
I think you would be happy with that! Just don't take it to any parking lots ;~)) Especially in Florida where the rules governing damages in accidents are something quite different than most other states!!

Back