Guess I joined the Santana club... (NGD)

Jimi D

@ the hundredth meridian
So, it seems I've joined the Santana club... or the budget Santana club, anyway. Not that I meant to, of course; it's not like I don't have more than enough guitars laying around the house, and I can only play one at a time, after all... but my wife let me wait in a music shop while she was in Michael's yesterday, and one thing just led to another.

You see, the thing is that I had this strap in the closet:

jN4Tjwg.jpg

It wasn't my strap; it was my wife's from back when she'd gig with her electric harps. She had a little carbon fiber thing she could play in high-volume environments, and this was the strap she'd use for it. When she quit gigging and sold most of her harps, this strap went into the studio closet, and that is where it's stayed for years.

I've often run across that strap while digging around for this and that, and though I thought occasionally about using it, it wasn't exactly foremost in my mind when I walked into the store yesterday, saw this gold Santana Singlecut SE hanging on the wall, and thought to myself "cool, I'll noodle on this a bit while she's shopping":

BFajykX.jpg

The first thing I noticed about this guitar was how loud it was acoustically; it really rang out! And the neck and frets were big, comfy, super easy to get around... this guitar felt really right. Then one of the sales clerks brought me a jack cord and I plugged in to an MT15 through an HX 2x12 and absolutely fell in love with the pickups! Clarity and oomph and a lovely round body with plenty of warmth that doesn't devolve to mush... and ya, I liked it... liked it a lot...

But I need another guitar like I need a hole in the head. :rolleyes:

But it's so inexpensive! :eek:

And it plays so well and sounds so good!! :cool:

And wait! the colour is "Egyptian Gold"?! And don't I have an Egyptian strap? It must be fate!! ;)

ghJ1lGi.jpg

So ya, I had it payed for and packed up in the car before my wife rang out of Michael's (hey, it only took me an hour to decide to buy it :D )... Because it's true, I don't actually need another guitar, but sometimes you just want one... And besides, I like gold guitars...

3ea7TbU.jpg

WhFzjcE.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on your new ride! I was going through a parts drawer today and found a few sets of new strap locks. If I adopt your thinking that means I have some guitars to purchase!!!! :)

I like where this is going. Between this and the thread Les posted on more amps I am seeing my bank account lessen really soon and I am ok with that! :)

Back