Sure, I’ve Spent A Ton Of Money, But...

Heh, the funny thing is that’s my “classic” setup. So it’s not like I’m conceptually all that different from the boomers (sorry, I hate to have to generalize with that term) with their “classic” setups... it’s just shifted a couple decades. :p
You did take a bit of an amp detour. Traveled the back roads, and found your way home.

Serg,

Ya know I love ya still, but I still wouldn't buy a used car from you. Your own words: "Buy, Never Sell." :)

Bob, respectfully, STFU. I feel like you’ve taken a couple of jabs at me in this thread, and after 10 years and at least three different forums I’ve f@cking had it with your word salad-condescending bullsh!t.

Bob, respectfully, STFU. I feel like you’ve taken a couple of jabs at me in this thread, and after 10 years and at least three different forums I’ve f@cking had it with your word salad-condescending bullsh!t.

Serg,

Respectfully, you may not see as this, but I'm trying to apologize to you, but you're not quite getting it. I'll just not bug you, and perhaps we can still be friends like we should.

...pulling up to the local watering hole in Sergio's low rider.
I’ve pulled up to the local watering hole in Sergio’s low rider. It was a spiffy experience! (And we were there to listen to reggae)

BTW, Pac90/October3 paid me the highest compliment ever, hence my tag line. Even being compared to an unconscious Jimmy Paige is about as good as compliments get!

Last edited:
Boogie,

I'd say that after you've met Serg, his persona must be more outspoken than he lets on here. TBH, I've personally not had the pleasure of meeting Serg, and perhaps my lack of knowledge and ignorance has made me question my past history online. I realize that there were a few folks who regularly traded barbs in a friendly way, and perhaps there were times I wasn't sure how to respond to those.

I think my heavy-handedness played a large role in that, and sometimes I didn't allow myself to discover what my gut was telling me. Sometimes, the creative process can be a nurturing, though I also I'm not qualified to speak about things that many of you guys have already gone through, survived, and been happier once time has worked its way.

Trust me on this. This is not BS. It's perhaps one of the foremost reasons why we were put on this earth. One of life's trickier moments occurs when you realize this is you, having fun.

Tomorrow, I'll be working in my garden, trying to cultivate some sun gold tomatoes. The weather is supposed to be nice; I'll be sure to wear some sunscreen. After that, I'll sit and put my feet up with a cool drink. The older folks will be out and about, many will try visiting the pool. I usually don't enjoy the pool myself, but realize its good for the old folks. This is me, having fun.

Someday, I hope we will meet where we can warmly greet one another and share our live's triumphs, and comforting one another for the indiscretions we may have foolishly caused. This includes all whom may think me unkind or unjust. Please remember that only folks who cannot let go of resentment are the ones who let bitterness fester inside them. Please. Let go of the resentment. I do not harbor any ill will towards any of you. It's what people think and do that defines them. If I can turn a new leaf, can you?

I get exactly where you're coming from Sergio.

I started playing in bands in metal bands in '80, and then I switched to Country/Rock in '88 until '09 when I officially retired from live gigging.
All those years I never tried to emulate any specific guitarist's style or their tone.

I've also never been a note for note guitar guy, and all my lead covers have been close "in the spirit of" renditions.

Over the years I've built up my to collection to include guitars from Tom A, Suhr, Gibson, Fender, and PRS .

I also came to the PRS family a little later than most on this forum.

I bought my 1st Core PRS in 2011, when I bought my '88 Goldtop, and since then I've bought my '09 DGT 10-Top and my most recent '95 CU24 10-Top.

My '09 DGT is easily in my top 5 guitars in my 55+ guitar collection.

My go to amps early in my gigging years were my Fender BF amps, and in 2004, I scored my 1st Boogie.

My 2 MKIIC+ combos and my MKIIC head can cover all the tones I want when playing in my home studio.

If I had to pick one amp and one guitar from my collection that works for all the tones I enjoy in my home studio, it would be my DGT and my '84 Boogie MKIIC+ Bubinga/Wicker Simul-Class Combo.

We should all be happy that we have so many great guitars to choose from these days, and I'm glad PRS is one of them.

PRS and Boogie's baby:

51208507943_57f91cf848_b.jpg

25593799376_03e394521c_b.jpg

Yes sir. That happens a lot. We have a lot in common, methinks!

I’ve never found the exact context of the quote, honestly, but I’d certainly accept that it is, considering Mr E’s other work and the usefulness of not adding flufff to your possibilities.

I do enjoy hearing your perspectives, Les!

I feel the same way! Lots in common, a similar way in looking at life’s possibilities .

Back