SUGGESTION... for Mr. Paul Reed Smith

My 2 cents:

If the OP had of been worded differently this could have been an interesting thread, something along the lines of "If the PS program offered custom pickup options as an upcharge, would you go for it?"

Imagine getting 408s wound with 53/10 wire, or underwound/overwound 57/08s, or different magnets etc. I seem to remember a 513 floating around which had 57/08 wire in the pickups, so maybe it's been done before. Maybe you can already do it, just no-one has asked...

Anyway it would of course be at the customers risk, as it is when you specify the woods. There's no guarantee the wood/construction/electronics combination will work sonically, the dealer/PS team give you guidance obviously but at the end of the day, it's still your risk.

Personally I'd go for it if I ever had the chance (but I keep depleting my PS fund with other guitars...)

My 2 cents:

If the OP had of been worded differently this could have been an interesting thread, something along the lines of "If the PS program offered custom pickup options as an upcharge, would you go for it?"

Oh, it was an interesting thread, maybe due mainly to the underwear!

If the OP hadn't reeked of so much attitude, it probably would have petered out unnoticed.

Back