Stripped 58 bridge pickup switch

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by celtic757, Feb 25, 2015.

1. celtic757

celtic757 New Member

Thinking of switching out the bridge pickup and was wondering if anyone has.

I need something a little hotter in the bridge.

Looking mainly at the Tremonti or \m/. All suggestions welcomed.

Thanks!

2. cjmwrx

cjmwrx Wheels

I put a Duncan JB in the bridge of my Stripped 58. I have JBs in the bridge of all of my guitars. Sounds really nice.

3. vchizzle

vchizzle Birdman.

I just went a slight bump up to 5909s, which sound superb in SC's. I have the \m/ in my McStandard though, which sounds awesome. I think either of the pickups you're considering will work great. I like the \m/ a little more because I feel it's more dynamic than the Tremonti. Mark might disagree. :D

4. aduayer

aduayer New Member

Big fan of Seymour Duncan's JB, but if I would suggest you PRS picks ups I would say \m/. People call it Metal, but I love them for anything I play. Tremonti and 5909 are awesome too, but my favorite is the \m/ one.

5. celtic757

celtic757 New Member

Thanks for the replies, guys.

I'm probably going go with the \m/. I have a set in my SE Tremonti Custom. Played it this morning and remembered how much I liked it. Hadn't played the SE since I got my USA Tremonti.

Anyone know where I could get an uncovered bridge \m/ pup?

6. vchizzle

vchizzle Birdman.

Scour the earth for someone who removed it from they're guitar. They are not available for purchase. You might be able to get one if you sent your guitar to PTC and had them put it in?