Star Wars...

Here's a question for my fellow Star Wars nerds...

Is it possible to get a DVD of the original theatrical release, NOT the updated version?

We went yesterday, IMAX 3D. Only one child talking through the movie.
Andy is spot on about the plot. Even bigger Death Star? And with a glaring fragility that the rebels exploit in just one battle? C'mon! Lame.

The parentage of the new bad guy, who trained him and how he went bad is revealed way too soon. Should have been in the second movie at least. Of course we might guess it along the way, but that is part of the fun.

Han is dead, killed by his son in one episode??? I understand it is supposed to be about new characters, but this was still too quick.

Rey consoles Leiah? What about Chewie delivering the news?

I have other plot quibbles I'll go into later.

IMAX 3D is the way to go.

Death Star on the loose.
Cooked this up yesterday with my Christmas present my sons got me.

1918638_10208165823810883_485078428659769394_n.jpg

We went yesterday, IMAX 3D. Only one child talking through the movie.
Andy is spot on about the plot. Even bigger Death Star? And with a glaring fragility that the rebels exploit in just one battle? C'mon! Lame.

The parentage of the new bad guy, who trained him and how he went bad is revealed way too soon. Should have been in the second movie at least. Of course we might guess it along the way, but that is part of the fun.

Han is dead, killed by his son in one episode??? I understand it is supposed to be about new characters, but this was still too quick.

Rey consoles Leiah? What about Chewie delivering the news?

I have other plot quibbles I'll go into later.

IMAX 3D is the way to go.

I agree with you, Andy, and also Brad. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the hell out of the movie. But the plot just felt so lazy at times and I have my other issues with the film, but I don't need to write an essay on the topic :). The repetition is real though:D(who cares what I think, as this movie is raking in money like crazy). In saying that, I also agree with seattleguitarstore that they probably had to play it safe. Especially for this first one. With how many people/critics lambasted epidodes 1-3 I'm sure they didn't want to go down that road again.

Death Star on the loose.

That is the coolest thing I've seen in a while. I must get a deathstar waffle maker.

i've finally saw it yesterday. i wish i could say i didn't like it, just to stir things up cause if i may believe a lot of people, this is the best thing after the invention of water and fire... but i can't. i really enjoyed it. good story, nice flow through the film. everything i expected from a modern star wars film.
secretly i'm a big fan of Rey.

My girl and I finally went to see a Star War last night. I feel mostly relieved that I can look at the internet again without fear of any spoilers... Got a lil' too baked before hand and that might have had something to do with it but, I felt exhilarated at one point in the movie! I honestly can't remember the last time in my adult life I've felt that way. I'm roped back in for at least the next two movies.

Death Star on the loose.

Those Morningstar sausage patties are Bangin'! (assuming that's what they are)

I took the kids to see it tonight. My 9 year old daughter loved it. She had no idea. We sort of tricked her into thinking we were seeing the Peanuts movie again. It blew her mind. My sons are a bit too young to get it. But they watched about half before they got bored. My wife took them out for a bathroom break, and to let them run around a bit. Then, they came back for the rest.

I will say I enjoyed it more the second time, although I still feel they were a bit lazy. Also, there were a couple things I hadn't noticed before that I picked up this time around. I'm off to google next, but I think I saw Snoop Diggity Dogg in the bar scene.

Now, if you haven't seen the movie, don't read this next part. These aren't spoilers, but they're a couple points that I think I've figured out.

First off, it seems like they're beating us over the head to think that Rey is Luke's daughter. I think that's intentional misdirection. I think she's a Kenobi somehow. If you want to discuss why, we can talk about it. Also, I think Finn is a Calrissian. Don't tell me a smooth operator like Lando doesn't have a ton of kids out there.

First off, it seems like they're beating us over the head to think that Rey is Luke's daughter. I think that's intentional misdirection. I think she's a Kenobi somehow. If you want to discuss why, we can talk about it. Also, I think Finn is a Calrissian. Don't tell me a smooth operator like Lando doesn't have a ton of kids out there.

(Spoilers ahead)

I dunno. We've come to understand the "Star Wars" story is about the Skywalker family line. Good Skywalkers, and bad ones that turn good again (Kylo?). I did read a great thread about Rey possibly being a Kenobi. There was book canon where Obi Wan had a love interest, so you never know (although there is new canon now). She could be Ben's granddaughter, or both granddaughter of Ben and daughter of Luke (if Luke met Ben's daughter). I think she could be Luke's kid. It does go against the monk-like abstinence of the Jedi code. Did you notice the flat upright stone Luke was standing in front of? A headstone I think, but who's buried there? Luke's wife? Maz tells Rey "the ones you are waiting for aren't coming back, but there is one who might". Damn clues. I think maybe Rey was being trained by Luke as a child. He sensed how powerful she would become and hid her away from Snoke, and suppressed her memories. I think that's why she's so quick to use the force. It "awakened". And also why Kylo freaks out every time he hears about her. He was training with Luke, heard there was a more powerful Jedi youngling out there, couldn't handle it and Snoke seduced him. There's also the idea Snoke is Plageus (same music cue from when Palpatine tells the story to Anakin). The actor who voices Snoke recently debunked that but who knows, Plot lines are kept from the actors. I also heard a great idea that Luke has planted Kylo as a spy. He has to truly become a Sith to fool Snoke, and one of the steps to becoming Sith is to sacrifice a loved one (his dad). I have problems with anything that discredits or goes against anything from the past movies (we're told Darth Sidious killed Plageus). It's all good stuff to me. I can't handle waiting or avoiding spoilers so I will be seeing part VIII on opening day. Dammit.

yesterday I found out that mister James Bond also starred in the movie. uncredited ofcourse...

The wife and I went last week. We both loved it. She cried at "that" moment. As a bonus, we got a "private" screening. The advantage of a 12:15 show on a Thursday afternoon. We were the only ones in the theater.

Back