Star Wars...

vchizzle

Zomb!e Nine, DFZ
Anyone into it? Excited for The Force Awakens?
I was a pretty big fan when I was a kid and Star Wars paid for my 1st PRS. I'm not all insane about it like some, but it was THE thing when I was a kid, so it's close to my heart.

There isn't much that has that kind of staying power. I'll see it on the big screen. Probably not opening night, but I'll go and expect to love it.

Ditto this. I was 10 when the first one came out. Loved it all. Not over the top though. The army men and g.i joes still ruled over the SW toys.

As for staying power, I'm a huge Bond fan. That's a franchise that has endured. I dug the new one. The wife liked it too, except for when I would lean over and tell her how cool of a reference something was to the older movies. I think she thought I was just being a dork. She's probably right.

I'm pretty excited to see it, although I hate crowds so I haven't gotten tickets yet. Don't want to go and have a bunch of people ruin it for me. But I really hope they get back to the feel of the original trilogy, I just can't get into the prequels. The cinematography was just too foreign for it to feel like Star Wars (not to mention the other major flaws, but I digress...). As real as CGI is supposed to look these days, the prequels still looked really fake to me.

The previews I've seen look promising in that regard, so I guess as long as the storyline holds up we should be in good shape.

Very true. I wonder how popular it is with kids today? I honestly can't remember when Episodes I-III came out, how big of a deal it was? My singer is a HUGE fan. He called me when the late night showing for Dec 17 went on sale telling me he got 6 tickets and that I was going. :D I've always waited a few weeks til it died down a bit. But I'm excited, I'm sure he'll wanna get there early so I'll see if a bunch of people dressed up and whatnot. Should be a good time.

Ah yes, Bond has been around forever! Problem for me now is I gotta find time to watch 6 movies to review!
Ditto this. I was 10 when the first one came out. Loved it all. Not over the top though. The army men and g.i joes still ruled over the SW toys.

As for staying power, I'm a huge Bond fan. That's a franchise that has endured. I dug the new one. The wife liked it too, except for when I would lean over and tell her how cool of a reference something was to the older movies. I think she thought I was just being a dork. She's probably right.

I'm a crowd hater too. I waited to see the the new Bond until it was out a couple of weeks. Then the wife and I took an afternoon off and went to a 3:45 show at a place that serves food and drinks during the show. It was $5 "Rat Pack" martini day, and we were the only ones in the theater. Needless to say, after 5 martinis she was wrecked. Great time though. It was our first time at that place (Hollywood Palms), and we'd go back in a heartbeat.

Ah yes, Bond has been around forever! Problem for me now is I gotta find time to watch 6 movies to review!

Funny. My best friend is a huge movie goer. I told him that the new Bond was awesome, and he should put it on his list to see. He comes back with, " I haven't seen a Bond movie since Roger Moore was Bond." WTF.... He's not my best friend anymore.

Hahaha! Too funny. We just had a theater open that does the whole food & drink deal. Every seat is a dream lounge recliner. Pretty cool. We are hitting the IMAX for this one though. Gotta have best quality for this one. I'm sure I'll be seeing this at least twice in theater though, so I'll recline and booze it up the 2nd time around :biggrin:

Last edited:
I was a pretty big fan when I was a kid and Star Wars paid for my 1st PRS. I'm not all insane about it like some, but it was THE thing when I was a kid, so it's close to my heart.

I already have my tickets for The Force Awakens. My wife and I will probably watch all the 6 previous movies before we see the latest one.

What's the story between S.W. and PRS?

Big Bond fan... Not had time to see the new one but I hope to at the weekend or early next week.

Really looking forward to the new SW film too. Not an obsessive but those films (like a few of us here) helped define my childhood. Hope this proves to be a return to form!

The film that really defines my Childhood though is Ghostbusters. I've spent decades hoping that it would come back. Well, it is, but I'm not looking forward to it from all I've heard.

What's the story between S.W. and PRS?
When I was a kid, my dad bought me a ton of Star Wars toys over the years. Action figures, ships, etc. For whatever reason, he made me take good care of that stuff. Had a lot of stuff with original boxes. After obsessing over PRS for a few years in my late teens, I ran across an action figure at a pawn shop that was pretty pricey. I talked to my dad about finding a buyer for all the Star Wars toys to fund a PRS. He was good with it, so found a collector and sold it all to fund my first PRS. My dad and I discovered PRS together and he shared my obsession. He always supported my GAS and did everything possible to help me get what I thought I "needed". We didn't have a lot of money so PRS wouldn't have been possible at that time without the Star Wars toy sale.

I got tickets. It better be good. It better be good to justify the overdone marketing, today I saw a Star Wars Cover Girl Makeup commercial. What the holy hell?

Cant wait, huge fan. Not in an obsessive way but have always loved the movies.....excluding the horrible prequels Lucas did....heard that Lucas offered all kinds of story lines and input or the new one and Abrams politely declined....smart move....

Back