Star Wars...

Saw it yesterday, really enjoyed it too......took me back to the 'originals', not the (IMHO) terrible prequels. Lucky for me I also don't retain movie stuff, so I can't wait to see it for the first time, again, one day. ;):)

Got three tickets for 3D and Imax for Christmas day with my two sons.
First presents get opened, then we go to the movie.
Cannot wait to see my youngest son's face when he opens up his SE Custom 22 Semi-Hollow.
Oldest son got a top of the line NVIDIA graphics card for his gaming PC.

Saw it this morning at 9:30am. IMAX 3D is the only way to go. Good on a 2D screen, but way cool on IMAX 3D.

Now, I gotta see The Revenant.
For sure. Awesome on 3D imax. I will see round 2 in 3D on a regular ultra screen in the reclining lounger for comforts sake.

Interesting stuff Serg. I've watched these movies a billion times as well. Maybe it was because I was so young seeing them or because I have a hard time retaining movie details, but that stuff just didn't affect me. When I say I don't retain movie stuff, I mean it's REALLY bad.

I'm pretty bad at remembering everything but that particular movie is practically embedded in my DNA, I'm sure I won't have the same experience when I watch (hopefully tonight) Empire.

Man, I still haven't seen a modern 3D movie yet. I don't know why I'm scared to.. maybe this'll be the one?

I'm pretty bad at remembering everything but that particular movie is practically embedded in my DNA, I'm sure I won't have the same experience when I watch (hopefully tonight) Empire.

It's funny you guys mention this. There are some movies where that stuff is embedded in my head. I won't buy ET on DVD or BD if it's the version where the guns were replaced with walkie-talkies. It's so embedded in my head that to see it the new way just feels wrong, and it takes me out of the movie. There are CDs like that, too - the remastered version of the Who's "It's Hard" is one. It "fixes" the first chorus of "Eminence Front". The problem is that it sounds so wrong to me now.

Loved it. Saw it Wednesday night and all I've been doing since is reading all the many web theories about who's who and what's going on. Okay, is it 2017 yet?

My wife and I saw it yesterday. I don't want to post any spoilers. But as a long-time fan, I was fairly disappointed. I will say it was light years ahead of the Jar Jar Binks or Ewok silliness. I do think Disney and J.J. Abrams did do the franchise justice. But without revealing too much, this was the THIRD TIME the same exact plot was used. Seriously?!?!?!?!

Edit: Brad's post is pretty much a spoiler for me...

I'm not going to delete or edit anyone's posts in this thread if they choose to reveal movie details or even hint at them, but, c'mon... Have some patience and save that talk for the end of January. Some of us are waiting for the crowds to thin out and the kids to be back in school.

Last edited:
End of January? That is a long time to keep a secret. This ain't The Crying Game. We decided January 1st was going to be open game for any discussions and at that time it is your responsibility to leave the room if you don't want to hear.

My review. I left the theater knowing that Episodes 1-3 need to be remade and all old copies destroyed.

End of January? That is a long time to keep a secret. This ain't The Crying Game. We decided January 1st was going to be open game for any discussions and at that time it is your responsibility to leave the room if you don't want to hear.

My review. I left the theater knowing that Episodes 1-3 need to be remade and all old copies destroyed.

Well, I certainly wouldn't want you to hide any new guitars you had for sale for that long....

But, again, I wont stop anyone from spillin' the beans, I'm just asking that you give those of us with different schedules a break and not reveal too much too soon.

Fortunately, for those of you who just can't wait, the BB codes will let you type away between the codes and not ruin it for those who have not seen it yet. Just use the codes above with brackets [ ] instead of parentheses.

(spoiler=put text that shows here) text to be hidden here (/spoiler)

You'll get something that looks like this:
BUSTED!

Last edited:
I saw it Christmas Day, and again yesterday morning at 9 am to a packed theater with my oldest son.
This was IMAX and 3D.
As a fan of the other six movies and even Jar Jars silliness, I enjoyed the new one.
When I saw it Christmas, we were up in the very front and back two rows which made it near impossible to view, so we got there earlier yesterday and got our normal seating about half way back.
Much better the second time around.

No spoilers from me, but just know that a certain someone will be in the next one.

I saw it on Christmas Eve, and thought it was enjoyable overall. Abrams and crew did a fantastic job giving the film an earthy realism (well, not THIS earth, you know what I mean) true to the originals, while also incorporating some new elements. The CGI was way ahead of the prequels.

What was a little disappointing
was the plot. Really guys, blow up another Death Star under threat of destruction of the Rebel base? Biggest franchise of all time and that's your plot? I guess there's no risk in playing it safe, but it was strictly a mashup of 4 and 6.

I have to believe SNL is beside themselves with anticipation to do a short of a "First Order Management Meeting" where they discuss organizational plans and goals - a ridiculous slapstick comedy of Kylo Ren recommending trying another Death Star like it's an original idea, the rest of the room rolling their eyes in disbelief, and then Snoke enthusiastically approving the plan.

Even a decent original script would've been fine, hopefully 8 and 9 will start to go their own way. If 8 is Luke training Rey on a remote planet and her rushing off prematurely, I'm done.

Still, a very fun flick because of the nostalgia and cinematography. I saw it in plain ol' 2D, and will probably do it again in 3D, maybe even IMAX 3D.

In IMAX 3D when the "Orders" bow of their ships were pointing your way, it was like they were just in front of your face, and I and others reached out to touch it.
Very impressive 3D.

I saw it with some friends Thursday on opening week. I had a great time, as the movie was fun and the nostalgia was just piling on everywhere. But, if I'm being real with myself, fanboy-ism aside I did think the plot was pretty weak in some regards. More so I felt that they played it "safe" with this first one. Not wanting to go too far into a deep end territory where some aspects may get lost on people. In addition, the bad guys really do fall for the same plot device every time :rolleyes::D. All imo of course.

I saw the first session in Australia at 12.03am in 3D on the opening day after the premiere. Totally addicted SW fan and will always will be, Have gone again in 2D and want to see in IMAX now.

I saw it with some friends Thursday on opening week. I had a great time, as the movie was fun and the nostalgia was just piling on everywhere. But, if I'm being real with myself, fanboy-ism aside I did think the plot was pretty weak in some regards. More so I felt that they played it "safe" with this first one. Not wanting to go too far into a deep end territory where some aspects may get lost on people. In addition, the bad guys really do fall for the same plot device every time :rolleyes::D. All imo of course.

They totally played it safe. They kind of had to after 1-3. Smart move.

For any Star Wars nerd going to NAMM. You will want to go to the exibit at Disneyland. My wife and I went there last month. It was a blast. Lots of spaceships, uniforms and the like in a museum setting. All that with a wookie photo op.

They totally played it safe. They kind of had to after 1-3. Smart move.

For any Star Wars nerd going to NAMM. You will want to go to the exibit at Disneyland. My wife and I went there last month. It was a blast. Lots of spaceships, uniforms and the like in a museum setting. All that with a wookie photo op.
Oh man, I wish I could go.

Back