Star Wars...

Huge fan, don't have opening day tickets, but I did pick some up for the Saturday after opening day.

Peavey has a line of crappy guitars that are all painted in different Star Wars themes. Been thinking about picking up the Boba Fett and Vader guitars to add to my nerd collection.

Huge fan, don't have opening day tickets, but I did pick some up for the Saturday after opening day.

Peavey has a line of crappy guitars that are all painted in different Star Wars themes. Been thinking about picking up the Boba Fett and Vader guitars to add to my nerd collection.
The Leia guitar gets my vote! :laugh: I'd pick one of them up if I could get it cheap enough.

Opening Nite, we have 10 seats on one row center of Theater... Entire family going... BOOM!

Every year an alum from the school I work at pays for a class to go to a movie. Does it twice a year. This year the 7th graders get to see Star Wars the day before it opens...... Certain staff also gets to go!!!
Yea me!

Man Im actually nervous, I'm hoping it's going to be good. I just can't take another bad star wars movie. Seeing that they are moving forward with a new movie, it better blow my mind!!!

Very true. I wonder how popular it is with kids today?

Well I just bought a Star Wars video game for my kids recent B-day (13 yr) so if they're making $$ off it in the USA, you know it's marketed to young folks heavily.

I wasn't into it, I like my sci fi more dark like "Bladerunner" and "Alien", but I admit it looks like a good production and having Harrison Ford & Carrie Fisher is huge. I know I'll see it, but not opening week.

Ah yes, the old Ron Reagan SDI. Of course! I should have known. Thanks!

So...they made a movie about it??

What's Star Wars?

This?

042011_corey_leah_spl266460_0011104201331382.jpg

Disclaimer: I have no idea who theses people are...

Huge Star Wars and Star Trek fan.
Seen all the first six movies when they came out, and I have them on disc.
My sons and I will be seeing it on the Imax screen sometime during the Christmas break.
Seventeen days off from work!

This?

042011_corey_leah_spl266460_0011104201331382.jpg

Disclaimer: I have no idea who theses people are...

Me either. But they look like they're enjoying life in whatever trailer park they live in.

Not that there's anything wrong with living in a trailer park.

As much of a geek as I am, I've never seen a Star Wars movie. Clips here and there, but I've never actually seen a full flick.

When the original came out, we were headed to a drive-in to finally see it. Maybe a mile away from the place, a massive downpour started. My dad turned around and we went home. Never did get out to see it, and as hard as it is for the younger generations to believe, this was a time when there weren't a ton of cable channels to show it, or a video store to rent it from - or for that matter, a way to play it at home.

I did read a bunch of Star Wars novels, though. And a couple times, I came close to buying the original trilogy, even though I'd never seen it. But I've never pulled the trigger.

Now I'm of a mind that, while on one hand I have a curiosity to see the original three at least, i kind of like my minority status of never having seen them. But it's hard to resist when I hear someone like Kevin Smith talk about how much he loves them.

So, no plans to see the new one, for now. But I loved Harrison Ford on Fallon the other night - (if you haven't seen it, Vaughn, don't - what he does to a Han figure will probably make you pass out!).

Meh.

Was a fan of 4-6 when they came out but not 1-3. Looking back on 4-6, the acting was so bad, but 4 was groundbreaking. I'm curious about 7 but not excited.

I remember my grandfather taking me to see the first one, at one of the only theaters that was running it, when i was 10. It hadn't become popular yet. We both liked it so much we went again. Then it went boom and started playing all over the place. And my grandpa took me to see it 7 more times.

I think it's the only movie i ever went to the movies more than once for. Even Empire and Jedi i only saw in the movies once each, although i liked them too. The prequels were terrible, but i still bought the DVD's.

For the new ones, i'll wait till i can watch it at home.

I'm tryin' to keep my expectations low to leave room for a pleasant surprise. I wasn't a fan of what JJ did to the Star Trek franchise but if he give Star Wars the same treatment, it might work out.

Then the wife and I took an afternoon off and went to a 3:45 show at a place that serves food and drinks during the show. It was $5 "Rat Pack" martini day, and we were the only ones in the theater. Needless to say, after 5 martinis she was wrecked. Great time though. It was our first time at that place (Hollywood Palms), and we'd go back in a heartbeat.

I'll have to check out Hollywood Palms. My girl and I started going to Studio Movie Grill (in Wheaton) and now I won't go to a theatre that doesn't serve drinks, it just makes the whole experience way more fun. We'll get a cocktail at the bar and then some grub and a pitcher with the movie... I feel so much better without eating all that popcorn and not giving a sh!t if the movie is gonna be any good.

Back