Something is on order...not my fault!

Yessir! Koa binding on the neck and HS. Koa knobs and pickup rings. This is Miss Pernie (pernambuco neck). A 1-off collection grade PS from Jim at Guitar Rez.
I HAPPEN TO LIKE KOA BINDING AS WELL. KUDOS.

IMG_6929.jpg

What? I’m gonna need something to tide me over... you got an artist’s sketch or a crayon drawing?
@Tosca 's photo is close, although I didn't snag a quilt top, just a non-10-top.

Bizarrely, I cant find any online images of a PRS SC594 in Aquamarine. There are a few of the DC 594s in that color, such as:

xlgd7pdsuxmknf3ychwg.jpg

So imagine that stain, but on this shape:

jyijopchcz6fotj8hvuj.jpg

(Frankly, that River Blue looks similar enough to Aquamarine not sure I would be able to tell the difference given random samples.)

Sorry for all the blue guitar images, Sergio.

To set you right, here is a color I would definitely have jumped on if available for the "core" SC594 SH:

PRS-SC-594-Wood-Library_238761_Angle-Left__29045.1492795905.jpg

Nabbed a '98 CE22 in Emerald Green to go along with my '03 CE24 in Blue Matteo. Anybody have any idea what pickups would have come in a 98 CE22, assuming it's still stock?

Edit: Looks like it would've been covered Dragon IIs. The listing on Reverb didn't say what pickups it has, but they're covered and look pretty old, so they could be original.

Last edited:
Good luck finding one like that. It is VERY unusual to see a feather crotch piece of cocobolo that’s not full of checking. That’s one of the coolest guitars on the globe.
Oh, I know - I remember the dialogue on the Forum when ViperDoc was having it built. Before I started posting. I seem to remember you have a walnut one with feather crotch?

There is a PS SCT with a coco top for sale now. Don’t like the green man inlay though! Plus no funds for some time :(

Back