Something is on order...not my fault!

shinksma

What? I get a title?
I've been on a bit of a guitar-procurement spree recently, although one of them "wasn't my fault" for being a recent acquisition - it was delayed from Feb/Mar.

As some of you know, I picked up that Special Semihollow Ltd at Experience, despite going there fully expecting to grab some variant of the SC594.

The SC594 SH Ltd model has been itching at the back of my mind. Do I want to get in on a WL run? There is at least one going on here. Or do I grab one with "traditional" woods, to get the sound that is probably in my head? The non-10-tops have been looking pretty good, so I think I'm OK not splurging, and sticking with the "base model". I'd maybe go AP if I could get a maple neck/FB, but those are off the table for this model. (Hoarding all the maple for Silver Skys?)

There's a nice one in River Blue on Reverb, with a translucent blue back. But I'd really like a natural back.

Fortunately there is a dealer I've worked with before, who is patient and put up with all my questions about color/back combos, and was very responsive to my emails. And my wife helped pick out a color:

Aquamarine

(Almost went with Blood Orange.)

So sometime early/mid next year I hope to have in my grubby little paws a SC594 SH in Aquamarine with a natural back!

And this doesn't count as part of my current spree, because all I spent was the deposit, no guitar yet! And next year it won't count, because I ordered it this year! See, not my fault again!

As far as woods go, I guess it depends on what you are looking for from what the SH aspect adds. I assume that you intend to keep the 58/15 LT's and I think the SH adds a bit more depth and resonance to the overall tone than a solid body. Personally I like the sound of a 'regular' SH 594 so I would happily go for a pre-built one in 'Fire Red Burst' (Obviously :D). I guess if you were looking at woods to shape the tone a bit, bright woods could help to add more against the extra depth the Semi-Hollow gives.

I do like your thinking about the purchase, doesn't count for this year as you haven't (fully) paid or received it but also won't count for next year because you ordered it this year... To me that would still count as next years because that's coming out of my 2019 budget but if you can sway an extra guitar both years because of this, its a great way to look at it.

I've been on a bit of a guitar-procurement spree recently, although one of them "wasn't my fault" for being a recent acquisition - it was delayed from Feb/Mar.

As some of you know, I picked up that Special Semihollow Ltd at Experience, despite going there fully expecting to grab some variant of the SC594.

The SC594 SH Ltd model has been itching at the back of my mind. Do I want to get in on a WL run? There is at least one going on here. Or do I grab one with "traditional" woods, to get the sound that is probably in my head? The non-10-tops have been looking pretty good, so I think I'm OK not splurging, and sticking with the "base model". I'd maybe go AP if I could get a maple neck/FB, but those are off the table for this model. (Hoarding all the maple for Silver Skys?)

There's a nice one in River Blue on Reverb, with a translucent blue back. But I'd really like a natural back.

Fortunately there is a dealer I've worked with before, who is patient and put up with all my questions about color/back combos, and was very responsive to my emails. And my wife helped pick out a color:

Aquamarine

(Almost went with Blood Orange.)

So sometime early/mid next year I hope to have in my grubby little paws a SC594 SH in Aquamarine with a natural back!

And this doesn't count as part of my current spree, because all I spent was the deposit, no guitar yet! And next year it won't count, because I ordered it this year! See, not my fault again!

Welcome (again) to “the Waiting game”.
Sounds like it’s going to be (another) good one...Congrats!

Congrats! Was playing my Aquamarine last night...must have picked up on the new order vibe :)

image.jpg

DO I SEE KOA BINDING?
Yessir! Koa binding on the neck and HS. Koa knobs and pickup rings. This is Miss Pernie (pernambuco neck). A 1-off collection grade PS from Jim at Guitar Rez.

Back