So.. It looks like I may have to build a new SK8 Guitar.

That is a perfectly rational outlook.. it would save money, be way more comfortable to play, possibly even sound better, and totally suck.

I may not be really good at anything in this life, but one thing I do uphold is to try my hardest at everything I do. If I just went up there with a regular guitar, I would bum so many people out! The band, the audience, the venue, the promoters, the sponsors, the memory of my dead best friend and bandmate, and myself. There is only one thing on this planet that I'm dead-serious about, and that's having a good time and entertaining people to the best of my ability.

Besides, those silly guitars did a lot for me and my old band. Playing without them would be like losing another member of the band, and I'm not emotionally equipped for that right now.... Oh, and do I need mention that I really really like customizing guitars? Building a new one is like forging your own sword before going into battle...

Simple question, excellent answer.

The reason I asked is that you said it was going to be heavy, uncomfortable, etc.

Sorry if I seemed preachy Les, I just needed to convince myself too.

No worries. I got plenty preachy in response to Alan's remark.

It's good to be passionate about life! Never a bad thing. Well, unless you're evil. Which would be another story entirely.

Please don't give me that sh^t about conforming, I've been the poster boy for defining one's own path since 1977. :)

The trappings of non-conformity (facial hair, haircuts, clothes, guitars) don't mean squat. It's how you choose to spend your limited time on the planet that's the difference-maker.

Sergio knows this, of course. So does Rick Nielsen.

Clearly I picked the wrong smiley to convey my level of kiddingness!

It was all in reference to the term "regular guitar". I totally got what you meant, I just didn't communicate it well.

(There is a huge amount of irony I feel in a post about conforming using a censored video...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back