So I Drank Some Schlitz Beer...(Edit) NGD?

I'm a die-hard craft beer guy, but the 1960's-style Schlitz formula that's been out for the last few years really isn't that bad. Certainly preferable (to me) than any domestics from the "big 3" as you can taste some semblance of hop and malt
I gotta be honest, I don't know who the big 3 are? This term might be a holdover from the old days.

I gotta be honest, I don't know who the big 3 are? This term might be a holdover from the old days.
Budweiser, Miller, Coors.

Although at least two are now owned by multinational corps, I believe.

Yeah, I did as you suggested, moved the hole to the middle, and it worked like a charm! High five, buddy! ;)

It's kind of a stop-gap guitar but, one that I really wanted and tried to pass off on a few other guys until one of our new(er) members bought it. Then Dave's listed another one and I had to pounce:

I seem to buy guitars in "pairs" so since this is an SE that means the next one will be more expensive. My girl is cool with it (encouraging even) but made me promise that I couldn't talk about a new guitar for a whole year. I talked her down to not talking about one until my birthday so... this'll have to tide me over until June. :D
Late to the party I know, but that's one heck of a snag

Congrats

If you have a chance, check out Boulevard Tank #7. One of my favorite beers.

Being in Kansas City, I can definitely get down with some Tank #7. For my bachelor party, we did a tour of the brewery and tried all kinds of good stuff.

Some of my favorites from the Smokestack Series are Tank #7, One Strange Tripel, and Sixth Glass.

Budweiser, Miller, Coors.

Although at least two are now owned by multinational corps, I believe.
Ah, yes. Anheuser Bush (Bud) is owned by InBev which is a Belgian company. Miller and Coors are the same company, it's called MillerCoors. They used to be a joint venture between SAB (a South African company) and Molson Coors, but my research just concluded that SAB merged with InBev a few months ago and spun off their share of MillerCoors which was bought by Molson Coors.

Beautiful gittar.
Blame the crack on ups.

If you were the seller, you'd want to know. Inform them in an adult manner..they'll appreciate it

Remember Schlitz? Man, I do. Don't think I ever had one though, I was too young the last time I saw it, but I have fond memories of smashing them empty cans early Saturday mornings with my fresh shell toes.

They had those peel-back pop-top things that came all the way off instead of the newer tops that stayed connected, and they had little grooves in the finger-hole that if you wiggled them off the sharp part you could turn 'em into slingshot-ish deadly weapons... Damn, growing up in the early eighties was fun, there wasn't the same amount of adult supervision there is nowadays.

So anyway, I drank a few out at dinner, and my tolerance is way low now that I have an infant but, it's Saint Public Urination Day and all and I was getting really into ordering them with the waitress acting like; "I'm gonna take a Schlitz right here at the table" and "I think I need to have my second Schlitz of the day" etc. etc.

So.... I came home and accidentally bought a guitar off of Reverb. :rolleyes:

I do not know the beer of which you speak..........But I was a long time user of sleeping meds when I worked shift work. Often the my body would fight through the artificial tiredness and I'd enter a state of delerium for want of a better word. I n this altered state of consciousness I bought at least four guitars, one core PRS (new). Didn't go down to well with the boss.

Ive since removed all shopping apps from my notebook / iPad and got rid of PayPal etc.

N my defence I bought some bloody nice instruments for someone with an altered senses.

Being in Kansas City, I can definitely get down with some Tank #7. For my bachelor party, we did a tour of the brewery and tried all kinds of good stuff.

Some of my favorites from the Smokestack Series are Tank #7, One Strange Tripel, and Sixth Glass.

Sixth Glass is a little too smokey for my tastes, but I'll give One Strange Tripel a go if I can find it. I'll be back in KC later this year, I should see if I can arrange a tour of the brewery.

You've just described 96.48% of the members of this board.

I'm in that demographic :oops:

Solidly, it appears. Apparently, I bought something last night with the help of a bottle of Mezcal (not the whole bottle! :confused:), and a nudge from a fellow forum member o_O

Last edited:
Schlitz. Ugh. Only had it a couple times as it was on the way out by the time I started drinking. As to Milwaukee's Best - tried drinking it. Couldn't. Then my wife tried cooking with it. Chased us out of the apartment with the smell. Seriously, was like something had died on the stove.

Buckhorn or Cold Spring were the cheap beers around the Twin Cities at that time. How cheap? Let's put it this way, the canned mineral water from both breweries was more expensive than the beer.

These days, my beer tastes jump around with different craft brewers. Although I have a very soft spot for Trooper by Iron Maiden, which is a great English ale. A buddy who is an importer clued me in on it.

Oh, and that's a really nice looking SE. Dave seems to get a lot of used that appear unplayed. That's one thing that gets me when I stop by there. You sometimes have to look at the tag to see if it new or not. Sitting on the wall, they look identical.

Back