So I Drank Some Schlitz Beer...(Edit) NGD?

Uhh... Yeah, right. o_O

So that f@ckin' UPS choad, for the second day in a row mind you, just left my package in the unlocked foyer of my apartment building! To make matters worse, dinkleberry didn't even buzz my apartment. At least yesterday when he left the box of my girls unreasonably expensive shoes in the foyer, he had the decency to warn me. What. A. Prick.

So for future reference, when I say "incoming" from now on... Just wait in my parking lot until UPS shows up an' steal the box.

Um.....you ain't gonna wait that long to crack that baby open are you?!?!?!?

Yeah, so, this is a pretty rad guitar. The 245 pup's sound nice enough, fretwork is great, and I was lookin' it over wondering how this guitar was "used" seeing as though the plastic was still on the backplate. "Excellent" shape was the descriptor from Dave's, and I had to agree. It's a sharp guitar.

Until this:

It looks like that's under the clear coat. :( The only thing that bums me out about it is that I bought this guitar based on looks, and this wasn't disclosed or photographed in the listing. I haven't reached out to Dave's yet and this is in no way a slam against them or their shop, but it leaves me with some thinkin' to do.

Yeah, so, this is a pretty rad guitar. The 245 pup's sound nice enough, fretwork is great, and I was lookin' it over wondering how this guitar was "used" seeing as though the plastic was still on the backplate. "Excellent" shape was the descriptor from Dave's, and I had to agree. It's a sharp guitar.

Until this:

It looks like that's under the clear coat. :( The only thing that bums me out about it is that I bought this guitar based on looks, and this wasn't disclosed or photographed in the listing. I haven't reached out to Dave's yet and this is in no way a slam against them or their shop, but it leaves me with some thinkin' to do.

Dude! I was so into this post, and the great pics (take an online course while doing your daddy duties, or sumtin?).....and then I get to the end and I'm all deflated. Happy and bummed at the same time.....great looking guitar too!

UPS dude....choad is right. What a tool. Let me know next time your expecting something. I'll bring the dog over. He hates Big Brown.

Yes me too, deflated. Using my tablette, I get to the end and . . . . What a let down. If it was on the other side of the neck where you don't see it in the playing position then maybe not so bad but, it is a lovely guitar and it is not all bad. I hope you feel able to keep it, after talking money with the dealer. That blemish should have been shown in the sale.

Dude! I was so into this post, and the great pics (take an online course while doing your daddy duties, or sumtin?).....and then I get to the end and I'm all deflated. Happy and bummed at the same time.....great looking guitar too!

UPS dude....choad is right. What a tool. Let me know next time your expecting something. I'll bring the dog over. He hates Big Brown.

I feel that. I'm psyched for everything else but that one spot... Don't know what I was thinkin' not getting this sent to your crib.

Yes me too, deflated. Using my tablette, I get to the end and . . . . What a let down. If it was on the other side of the neck where you don't see it in the playing position then maybe not so bad but, it is a lovely guitar and it is not all bad. I hope you feel able to keep it, after talking money with the dealer. That blemish should have been shown in the sale.

That's exactly what I was thinkin', why do I gotta look at it all the time? I didn't even see it until I sat down playin' it and at first thought it was glare. I guess I can give them the benefit of the doubt to where they weren't being deceitful, and maybe they didn't notice it either.

I almost wish it were down to the bare wood so I could rub some boogers and dirt in there and darken it up. I'm torn on even contacting them, I like Dave's, they're good peeps, and I'm sure the markup on these can't be too much.. I don't want to have them make no profit on the sale and all that. I mean, if it was Guitar Center or somebody, sure, I'd be on the phone already. And I'm way ahead in my good karma count for the year so.. I don't know, but it does sting a little.

I feel that. I'm psyched for everything else but that one spot... Don't know what I was thinkin' not getting this sent to your crib.

That's exactly what I was thinkin', why do I gotta look at it all the time? I didn't even see it until I sat down playin' it and at first thought it was glare. I guess I can give them the benefit of the doubt to where they weren't being deceitful, and maybe they didn't notice it either.

I almost wish it were down to the bare wood so I could rub some boogers and dirt in there and darken it up. I'm torn on even contacting them, I like Dave's, they're good peeps, and I'm sure the markup on these can't be too much.. I don't want to have them make no profit on the sale and all that. I mean, if it was Guitar Center or somebody, sure, I'd be on the phone already. And I'm way ahead in my good karma count for the year so.. I don't know, but it does sting a little.

You need to call them, at the very least. No need to be a dick, but a least bring it up. That 594 I have on hold there, they took $600 off, and I didn't even ask. Dude says, "I can sell this for xxxx." Without me even asking for their best price. I would hope they'd take care of you.

You need to call them, at the very least. No need to be a dick, but a least bring it up. That 594 I have on hold there, they took $600 off, and I didn't even ask. Dude says, "I can sell this for xxxx." Without me even asking for their best price. I would hope they'd take care of you.

Ehh... I hate being that guy though.

A call cannot hurt just make them aware of the situation and let them come back with something.. Who knows, they may not give you anything but make you a better deal on the next guitar.

Back