So I Drank Some Schlitz Beer...(Edit) NGD?

sergiodeblanc

Remember Schlitz? Man, I do. Don't think I ever had one though, I was too young the last time I saw it, but I have fond memories of smashing them empty cans early Saturday mornings with my fresh shell toes.

They had those peel-back pop-top things that came all the way off instead of the newer tops that stayed connected, and they had little grooves in the finger-hole that if you wiggled them off the sharp part you could turn 'em into slingshot-ish deadly weapons... Damn, growing up in the early eighties was fun, there wasn't the same amount of adult supervision there is nowadays.

So anyway, I drank a few out at dinner, and my tolerance is way low now that I have an infant but, it's Saint Public Urination Day and all and I was getting really into ordering them with the waitress acting like; "I'm gonna take a Schlitz right here at the table" and "I think I need to have my second Schlitz of the day" etc. etc.

So.... I came home and accidentally bought a guitar off of Reverb. :rolleyes:

Remember Schlitz? Man, I do. Don't think I ever had one though, I was too young the last time I saw it, but I have fond memories of smashing them empty cans early Saturday mornings with my fresh shell toes.

They had those peel-back pop-top things that came all the way off instead of the newer tops that stayed connected, and they had little grooves in the finger-hole that if you wiggled them off the sharp part you could turn 'em into slingshot-ish deadly weapons... Damn, growing up in the early eighties was fun, there wasn't the same amount of adult supervision there is nowadays.

So anyway, I drank a few out at dinner, and my tolerance is way low now that I have an infant but, it's Saint Public Urination Day and all and I was getting really into ordering them with the waitress acting like; "I'm gonna take a Schlitz right here at the table" and "I think I need to have my second Schlitz of the day" etc. etc.

So.... I came home and accidentally bought a guitar off of Reverb. :rolleyes:

Hahaha. Should fill that unsightly hole in your new guitar rack!!!

Oh and....what did you get???

Hahaha. Should fill that unsightly hole in your new guitar rack!!!

Oh and....what did you get???

Yeah, I did as you suggested, moved the hole to the middle, and it worked like a charm! High five, buddy! ;)

It's kind of a stop-gap guitar but, one that I really wanted and tried to pass off on a few other guys until one of our new(er) members bought it. Then Dave's listed another one and I had to pounce:

I seem to buy guitars in "pairs" so since this is an SE that means the next one will be more expensive. My girl is cool with it (encouraging even) but made me promise that I couldn't talk about a new guitar for a whole year. I talked her down to not talking about one until my birthday so... this'll have to tide me over until June. :D

Well, reckon that's one of the purtiest tops I done seen on one of them those there...

Right? The first one looked even nicer.

There was something about it that made me keep going back to it. Not usually a tobacco/burst kinda dude but.. Damn. Doesn't look like the cheap guitar is was/is.

Sweet guitar! I can't say I've ever tried it. I definitely remember it. Not sure I can bring myself to try it now that I've gotten kinda beer snobby.

Beautiful...finally a semi-hollow addition to the DeBlanc guitar Harum!! A tobacco burst 594 would complete that whole "2 of each kind" Noah's Ark thing you got going with your collection...just keep it on the down low until June.

I am not familiar with Schlitz but obviously it has not impaired your ability to choose a fine looking guitar. Lovely quilt on this. Congratulations!

Thanks, guys! I'm pretty geeked.

No Schlitz!:eek:
That's a beauty! When do you get it?

Uhh.. not sure. I assume some time this week? It doesn't have too far to travel but since I ordered it on the weekend..

Sweet guitar! I can't say I've ever tried it. I definitely remember it. Not sure I can bring myself to try it now that I've gotten kinda beer snobby.

I kinda enjoy piss-water beer, it's the nonconformist in me.

Beautiful...finally a semi-hollow addition to the DeBlanc guitar Harum!! A tobacco burst 594 would complete that whole "2 of each kind" Noah's Ark thing you got going with your collection...just keep it on the down low until June.

I've had semi GAS for a minute now but wasn't sure about how much I dig the specs of the ones PRS offers, so this is just dipping my toe in. I haven't had someplace to lose picks since my 335 that I ditched before coming out of the closet as a PRS guy.

Congrats! That's a beauty.

You're not planning any disfiguring mods on her, are you...? :eek:

Ahh you know my style, Rob. I'm not gonna do anything disfiguring crazy but.. I went with a stop tail SE 'cause I generally believe that they don't really require much in the upgrade department. I mean, pickups, knobs, pots, tuners, and a bridge probably but, nothing else. :rolleyes:

That's quite the looker. Congrats.

My cheap beer of choice used to be Milwaukees Finest. When I was 25 and living in Fla I was broke as hell and we would grab twelve packs for like 5 bucks for cans. Tasted shitty until the second or third deadened the taste buds.,...... funny thing is I was as broke then as I ever was, but we had some really good times. Weird how that works out.

Nice score, buddy! I might have an extra MannMade in the parts drawer. I know I've got a core nut, and at least one Amber lampshade!

Schiltz! Too funny! You can still find old bars in northern Wisconsin with Schiltz signs hanging out front. Brings back memories of my old man in the late 70s and early 80s. He refused to pay the nickle deposit on cans in Iowa so he would drive across the river to Lee's Liqours in Rock Island, IL. He always bought stuff like Schlitz, Hamms, Olympia and PBR. I remember those pull tops fondly too!

Back