So I Drank Some Schlitz Beer...(Edit) NGD?

What a gorgeous guitar!
About the blem. You are not "That guy", you are you. And you deserve to bring it up with the seller, and I know there'd be no spit on the ball. Let the chips (no pun intended) fall where they may.
Or just open a bottle of champers and get to fixin' it.

"That Guy" would be threatening to throw the guitar through the front window, smear them on every social media and on and on. If you are polite and sensible, I think they would be very accommodating to you, even if it is on your next purchase. I also did see a few guitars there where there was damage on the guitar and they specifically pointed it out and cut the price.

When my wife bought my Santana, they were amazing to deal with. Keep in mind that those guitars, along with y santana, were a special purchase of blenished guitars and overstocks. That is why they were in the used section. Mine also came with all of the plastic on the covers and everything in a very neat bag, including a thank you note for buying a $500 guitar. Top rated.

Ive been to Lees Liqours !!!! PBR :) I was just up in Milwaukee and you can get fresh PBR from the brewery it is really good

Nice score, buddy! I might have an extra MannMade in the parts drawer. I know I've got a core nut, and at least one Amber lampshade!

Schiltz! Too funny! You can still find old bars in northern Wisconsin with Schiltz signs hanging out front. Brings back memories of my old man in the late 70s and early 80s. He refused to pay the nickle deposit on cans in Iowa so he would drive across the river to Lee's Liqours in Rock Island, IL. He always bought stuff like Schlitz, Hamms, Olympia and PBR. I remember those pull tops fondly too!

"That Guy" would be threatening to throw the guitar through the front window, smear them on every social media and on and on. If you are polite and sensible, I think they would be very accommodating to you, even if it is on your next purchase. I also did see a few guitars there where there was damage on the guitar and they specifically pointed it out and cut the price.

When my wife bought my Santana, they were amazing to deal with. Keep in mind that those guitars, along with y santana, were a special purchase of blenished guitars and overstocks. That is why they were in the used section. Mine also came with all of the plastic on the covers and everything in a very neat bag, including a thank you note for buying a $500 guitar. Top rated.

Yeah, I recall seeing some that had dings and random issues, I mean otherwise it's a great guitar and that's all that matters. After I knock it about a few times I doubt I'll even notice it anymore. Came with a microfiber cloth and a fancy card too as you mentioned. Nice touch.

I'm gonna keep it fer sure, I already put some lampshades on it and have fallen in love with it. I need to swap out the .9's that came on it as it's makin' me feel like Superman with how far I can bend strings but, damn.. SE's are such an incredible value, no Schlitz.

Sorry I'm late to the party here, the title just caught my attention for a couple reasons:

• I'm a die-hard craft beer guy, but the 1960's-style Schlitz formula that's been out for the last few years really isn't that bad. Certainly preferable (to me) than any domestics from the "big 3" as you can taste some semblance of hop and malt.
  • My dad did voice-overs for Schlitz way back when the slogan was When you're drinking Schlitz, you're drinking beer. :)

Yeah, I recall seeing some that had dings and random issues, I mean otherwise it's a great guitar and that's all that matters. After I knock it about a few times I doubt I'll even notice it anymore. Came with a microfiber cloth and a fancy card too as you mentioned. Nice touch.

I'm gonna keep it fer sure, I already put some lampshades on it and have fallen in love with it. I need to swap out the .9's that came on it as it's makin' me feel like Superman with how far I can bend strings but, damn.. SE's are such an incredible value, no Schlitz.
OK fine... I get it... she may have a little wart, but she's still a hot chick!:D:cool:

If we designate the blemish on the neck a "special feature" or a "unique signature", etc, it can appear differently. Even if you do not wish to be compensated in any way I think that you should still inform the dealer. A simple "I have received the guitar, thank you. However I was disappointed to discover this blemish on the neck <insert photograph>. It was not described or shown on the sale" is all that is required. It was probably an oversight or maybe they simply forgot to include the detail in the listing. Whatever, they dropped the ball with this one and you would be giving them an opportunity to up their game. I have read people speaking very highly about this company. Dave sounds like someone who would want to know if there was something amiss.

Did I tell you that guitar is badass!

Last edited:
Completely off the topic of the guitar but....you did have "Schlitz" in the title. Originally, Schlitz was brewed here in Omaha. And it was the favored beer of my dad. Back in my drinking days I never drank it because after a couple I could no longer pronounce it to order any more.

If we designate the blemish on the neck a "special feature" or a "unique signature", etc, it can appear differently. Even if you do not wish to be compensated in any way I think that you should still inform the dealer. A simple "I have received the guitar, thank you. However I was disappointed to discover this blemish on the neck <insert photograph>. It was not described or shown on the sale" is all that is required. It was probably an oversight or maybe they simply forgot to include the detail in the listing. Whatever, they dropped the ball with this one and you would be giving them an opportunity to up their game. I have read people speaking very highly about this company. Dave sounds like someone who would want to know if there was something amiss.

Did I tell you that guitar is badass!

I'm for sure gonna give them positive feedback on the site I bought it from, and I'm not sure if they really dropped the ball or anything. I mean, it was a discounted guitar for a reason, it was just a slight bummer I wasn't aware of it beforehand. I'm sure I still woulda bought it. Dave's is a great place and I saved a bunch of loot on a new guitar.

I live a charmed life, so what if there's a bit of stain missing, right?

I think maybe my initial response to the birthmark was an overreaction. It would have been preferable to be aware of it at the point of sale but it is what it is, sure. Still a good deal.

You can use the money you saved with this guitar towards your next one in June. If you can possibly wait that long :eek:

I think maybe my initial response to the birthmark was an overreaction. It would have been preferable to be aware of it at the point of sale but it is what it is, sure. Still a good deal.

You can use the money you saved with this guitar towards your next one in June. If you can possibly wait that long :eek:

Understandable, mine was too.

I don't think I have a choice about waiting. June might be a wee bit too soon anyhow but, 2017: Anything can happen.

The guitar in beautiful.
That's a weird one for sure. Surprised Dave's didn't have something in the ad about it. They're normally straight shooters. I guess if the the guitar sounds and plays good, I wouldn't worry about it.
I'd shoot em an email so they are aware that it wasn't disclosed before the sale. I know you don't wanna be "that guy", but if I was the shop, I'd wanna know about it.

Beautiful guitar, but that blem ruins it.

Please send to me, so it can be disposed of properly. I'll be gentle.

The guitar in beautiful.
That's a weird one for sure. Surprised Dave's didn't have something in the ad about it. They're normally straight shooters. I guess if the the guitar sounds and plays good, I wouldn't worry about it.
I'd shoot em an email so they are aware that it wasn't disclosed before the sale. I know you don't wanna be "that guy", but if I was the shop, I'd wanna know about it.

That's why I think they just honestly didn't catch it. I gave it a once-over in sunlight and didn't see it until I sat down, and even then at first I thought it was glare. I'm positive if they saw it they woulda gotten a shot of it like they do in all their other listings.

It's more of a "Aww, Hamburgers!" sadness than a "I'm gonna have a BF" thing.

Back