snoozin’, losin’

Whoops, wrong thread!

Knaggs Severn, third from the left. 8.5” radius with thick neck I’m not bonding with. I prefer thicker necks like pattern vintage but apparently not with those old school rounder radius style necks.
6-E967565-EFE1-491-D-8-FC3-2904-E5-C9-FE71.jpg

You might like Wylde Audio guitars

Those are from Zakk Wylde? Haven’t seen them around up here in the PNW.
Guitar Center should have them

Check out Wylde Audio dot com

Les Paul ---> Odin
Flying Vee ---> Viking V
Gibson ZV ---> Warhammer
SG ---> Barbarian
Explorer ---> Raven

I want hard tail versions of the Odin, Warhammer, and Raven. For an extra hundo, you can get a Floyd.

The problem with his guitars is that they're all signature models. The dude is like 6'4 275 with hands the size of buckets. He uses massive necks and like super duper extra jumbo fret wire on I think a 25.75 scale. And all his "fiddles" come with his signature EMGs.

In spite of all that, I found the gangrene vertigo Pelham blue Warhammer at GC on Las Vegas Blvd on clearance and almost bought it.
The toggle is on the upper notch of the V and all his guitars only have 3 knobs. I need 4.

Plus, it took me years to get all the damn batteries out of my signal chain. I'm not about to put them back in with EMGs which sound like crap anyways. And a childhood injury left me with no choice but to use the thinnest necks possible

If you like a neck that feels like a fucking railroad tie, you'll love Zakk's guitars because their necks are bigger than that

Guitar Center should have them

Check out Wylde Audio dot com

Les Paul ---> Odin
Flying Vee ---> Viking V
Gibson ZV ---> Warhammer
SG ---> Barbarian
Explorer ---> Raven

I want hard tail versions of the Odin, Warhammer, and Raven. For an extra hundo, you can get a Floyd.

The problem with his guitars is that they're all signature models. The dude is like 6'4 275 with hands the size of buckets. He uses massive necks and like super duper extra jumbo fret wire on I think a 25.75 scale. And all his "fiddles" come with his signature EMGs.

In spite of all that, I found the gangrene vertigo Pelham blue Warhammer at GC on Las Vegas Blvd on clearance and almost bought it.
The toggle is on the upper notch of the V and all his guitars only have 3 knobs. I need 4.

Plus, it took me years to get all the damn batteries out of my signal chain. I'm not about to put them back in with EMGs which sound like crap anyways. And a childhood injury left me with no choice but to use the thinnest necks possible

If you like a neck that feels like a fucking railroad tie, you'll love Zakk's guitars because their necks are bigger than that
Thanks for the info. I’m good on the SC style sound with my PRS SCs and Huber Orca. I never got along with floyds. Used to have a Gibson Lifeson Axcess LP but got tired of the Floyd and moved it along. Eventually led to my P245 Trem build which I received last summer. Pattern Vintage is about as thick of a neck as I can do. Pattern thin causes my hand to cramp up. I tend to play in standard or Eb rather than metal-style tunings. Kudos to Zakk for creating a lineup to inspire the next generation!

Thanks for the info. I’m good on the SC style sound with my PRS SCs and Huber Orca. I never got along with floyds. Used to have a Gibson Lifeson Axcess LP but got tired of the Floyd and moved it along. Eventually led to my P245 Trem build which I received last summer. Pattern Vintage is about as thick of a neck as I can do. Pattern thin causes my hand to cramp up. I tend to play in standard or Eb rather than metal-style tunings. Kudos to Zakk for creating a lineup to inspire the next generation!

It's 1230 am.
I gotta be to work at 1
I'm not reading everything again. Gotta get my ass out the door.

You said you're looking for a pattern vintage neck single cut right?

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/gui...594-with-pattern-vintage-neck-electric-guitar

Apologies, I was just saying I like PV neck carve, not that I was looking for a new one. I already have two with that neck carve. Appreciate it though!

To tell y'all the truth, that was (is) me. I got one too many b******t offers after what I thought was a bargain listing price for a local sale. And way below what I paid for it not too long before. You know the drill......I have too much stuff. But I got it out and played it some more and decided to just pull it. Life is too short to deal with jerks. It is not, and never will be, my favorite. But it sits in a very good niche that I like. So, here it sits. I have sold 9 relatively higher end guitars in the past 2 months. Apparently one more tomorrow morning. So, no urgent need to sell. In fact, I will likely sell 3-4 other PRSi before that one. I reckon it will be here for a while longer. And life does on......

PS......Ever had THIS happen before? Someone did come by yesterday to buy a Huber Orca. Asked about another even more expensive guitar while he was here.....Came back today to buy IT. While here, he asked about two others (Including my HB II), ran off to the bank, then came back and bought both of them too. I am pretty sure he is not tapped out, but if he DID come back for FOUR MORE.......
Never ceases to amaze! (I wonder if he needs a Private Stock?) :rolleyes:

PS......Ever had THIS happen before? Someone did come by yesterday to buy a Huber Orca. Asked about another even more expensive guitar while he was here.....Came back today to buy IT. While here, he asked about two others (Including my HB II), ran off to the bank, then came back and bought both of them too. I am pretty sure he is not tapped out, but if he DID come back for FOUR MORE.......
Never ceases to amaze! (I wonder if he needs a Private Stock?) :rolleyes:
Good Lordy!

Sounds like you have enough for Miss Pernie now :D JK

Back