Santana II Private Stock !!!

Texsunburst59

Not mine.

I just thought I’d share in case anyone is interested.

That is my guitar but I didn't really want to sell it, but if I did that's what it was gunna take. I just saw another PRS guitar at Lark guitars that I'd love to have. I put the Santana up on the Craigs because I want to sell it local in person. Yes prices have gotten crazy just browse new wood library models on reverb. A new core model Santana has risen a lot. However It was crazy the amount of people wanting to trade motorcycles lol.

Last edited:
That is my guitar but I didn't really want to sell it, but if I did that's what it was gunna take. I just saw another PRS guitar at Lark guitars that I'd love to have. I put the Santana up on the Craigs because I want to sell it local in person. Yes prices have gotten crazy just browse new wood library models on reverb. A new core model Santana has risen a lot. However It was crazy the amount of people wanting to trade motorcycles lol.
And This Right Here Is Part Of The Reason Why The Used Market Is Like It Is. People Not Really Wanting To Sell Something But Listing It Anyway With An Inflated Price To Persuade Them Into Saying Yes To Selling When They Really Don't Want To Sell In The First Place.

And This Right Here Is Part Of The Reason Why The Used Market Is Like It Is. People Not Really Wanting To Sell Something But Listing It Anyway With An Inflated Price To Persuade Them Into Saying Yes To Selling When They Really Don't Want To Sell In The First Place.
Yup the value of something is the price at which someone is willing to pay or by the price the seller is willing to sell.

Yup the value of something is the price at which someone is willing to pay or by the price the seller is willing to sell.
Perceived Value, Actual Cash Value And Sentimental Value Are All Very Different Things. That 1981 Scirocco That You May Love More Than Anything In This World That Has 427K Miles On It Isn't Worth Sentimental Value...

If That Were The Case I Would Be Listing Every Piece Of Gear I Have For $100K Per Piece. If Book Value Only Worked Liked That... :)

Still cheaper than BlackRose289 on eBay, that user has been listing beautiful PS guitars for over a decade at outrageous asking prices LOL.

Best way to understand going rate for a used PS is to reach to to several PS dealers. Typically they‘ll offer 50% of MAP for buying and maybe up to 70% of MAP for resale. They gotta cover their business costs and earn a reasonable profit to stay in business. More rare woods may possibly go higher, but depends.

Sometimes your trade in value will be better, but that will be against MAP in most cases.

It’s been a few years, but I had good prior dealings with James at Quimper Sound/Seattle Guitar Store, JD at Guitar Maverick, Brian at Brian’s Guitars, the folks at Willcutt when selling or trading guitars. Yes, I sold/traded way too many fine PRS!

I get some of the sentiment - if I were to sell my Pernie or Koa Sister, the price would be considered outrageous because they are that rare and good :):D. Also, I can’t really replace them with what’s available to order from PRS today.

Perceived Value, Actual Cash Value And Sentimental Value Are All Very Different Things. That 1981 Scirocco That You May Love More Than Anything In This World That Has 427K Miles On It Isn't Worth Sentimental Value...

If That Were The Case I Would Be Listing Every Piece Of Gear I Have For $100K Per Piece. If Book Value Only Worked Liked That... :)

That's extreme and illogical to me selling my guitar. However I've seen PS santana guitars already sell for close to what I'm asking and even more so I figure why not throw it out there. If I didn't think I could get what I'm asking I'd never have listed it. If you think the price is too high then you just don't buy it, it's just economics. I didn't buy a C8 corvette because I refuse to overpay it, others see the value. I overpaid for a Gibson LP custom though a while back...because I wanted it. Economics. If it doesn't sell than the price is too high...however that doesn't seem like the case at the moment. I also don't "need" to sell. So I can patiently wait for the correct buyer. I'm even restricting it to local and in person so that's an even more of an impossible feat. If it sells I buy a different guitar that matches my other private stock...if not I'm totally happy with that. If my other guitars sell that I have listed other than the santana I'll have 3 PS guitars and the Santana goes back to keeper status. Which I prefer to do.

You know between 2014 to now I've bought and sold over 140 guitars just being on the great endless hunt. It's fun.

Last edited:
Back