Show your SE!

2013 PRS SE Paul Allender Purple Burst

Just pictures from the dealer at this point, will provide more higher rez shots when I pick it up in a few days.

papurple.jpg

Below: Signed by Paul Reed Smith.

prssig.JPG

Very excited.

Nice, disfigured! Don't see a lot of SE PAs around here, that mildly chevron-looking flame sure looks great!

I like PRS purples but always think they would never be for me but man that PA is juicy looking. I could wear that one. NICE!

I just picked this one up by chance. The feel of the neck one of those Green Bat inlay SEs in a pawn shop was like a breath of fresh air, and that neck is what made me first seriously consider buying a PRS. 8 years and countless Maryland PRS' later, I finally got my first SE. Might be "the ugly one" of the lineup, but those Fralins sound gorgeous! Its got a super chunky neck and just about nails that old Junior tone.

DSC_6178_zpse3782fd0.jpg

I've just noticed this morning that the moons on the SEs are set more closely together than the US models at the 12th fret. Excellent move PRS!
DSC_6185_zps46a00884.jpg

tumblr_m6xh3mSzjW1rqdlhko1_400.png

Last edited:
Nice. Yours has Fralin P-90s, huh? That's a good upgrade. I can't believe how undervalued some of the SEs are on the used market.

Yeah I love the Fralins. This guitar gives my US PRS a run for their money plugged in. I'm with you on the value of some of these SEs - I was looking at a couple and you can barely get a MIM Fender for what these go for used, I can't believe it. I see you have a Fralin/Suhr combo in your Baritone? which models did you go with? I've been trying to decide what set I'm after for my blue Cu22.

photostream
photostream

I can't believe the price PRS is selling this guitar for. I feel guilty for buying it at 650. Should be about 1200.
s_reg=reg_main_lite

Last edited:
photostream
photostream

I can't believe the price PRS is selling this guitar for. I feel guilty for buying it at 650. Should be about 1200.
s_reg=reg_main_lite

Please, leave the SE price alone. If you need to pay more to deal with your guilt then buy a US made model :)

photostream
photostream

s_reg=reg_main_lite

the SEs' prices shouldn't go any higher! Or else people in countries with high import duties (like Malaysia) will have to pay the price of USA Miras or Starlas to get an SE :( to curb the guilt, why not go get yourself an S2 ;) i believe they are priced at around 1000

Might be "the ugly one" of the lineup, but those Fralins sound gorgeous!

DSC_6178_zpse3782fd0.jpg

Hell, no! i wouldn't call it ugly at all, it just looks more understated ;) the grains are matched nicely, so i'd say it's a pretty lucky guitar to get the almost "matching" grain pattern (and you're the lucky owner!) I've seen some others with non-matching grains, my SE is an example. The backwood has like, 3 different tones for the 3 different pieces, so the differences are quite obvious. If it weren't for the beautiful maple-top, it'd be ugly :laugh:

1000110_545506618830085_1333683587_n.jpg

My second SE Custom 24

is that a GC special run? never seen this before :O

SC-245 pickups, Grover 406c self locking tuners, USA adjustable stop tail and DGT strings = Perfect Guitar!

d5e9fb0734c642294e677b6d977435f9.jpg

Last edited:
Please tell me that the spalted maple tops are not only in the UK? That's my favorite top on a guitar.

Look on Ebuy. Type in PRS SE- musical intruments in the search. There is a music store in Colorado that had a special run of 250 spalted tops done for them. They are very beautiful, but I've got Singlecut fever. Help! Is there a working treatment (other than 1 of every model?)

Here's my first year Tremonti SE.
I installed a PRS Deep Dish II pickup in the bridge position but it looked really beat up, so I found a set of EMG style covers to help clean up the look.
I also refinished the headstock with a PRS signature logo.
This guitar has the best action and the best sound of all of my guitars, with the exception of my '86 Custom 24. ;)

I also have a SE 245 in route that I just purchased and I'm looking at the new Tremonti Custom as well.
I LOVE these guitars!

PRSTremontiSE1-1.jpg

Bro,

Who did you send your guitar to to get your headstock refinished with that decal? It looks amazing!

Back