Show your SE!

Black guitars are classy ;) real classy... like Victek said, those pickups are the SE HFS and VB, also standard on the newer SE Customs. The main difference would be the top is bevelled now, instead of a flat top like yours (and mine too!). The 3-way toggle is now dropped, and a 3-way blade switch is used. They also added the push-pull coil-split for the tone pot. Oh, and the moon inlays are replaced with the old-style birds, which happened when they pulled the standard SE Custom 24 from the catalogue and introduced the 25th Anniversary Edition, with the quilted tops. The birds stayed on the fretboard too when they did the 2012 update on the SE Custom. Apart from that, they're pretty much the same, I guess... maybe nicer flame veneers are used or it could be my eyes are playing tricks on me haha :confused:

Yeah, they've shuffled some of the features around. I like the curved top on my 2012 SE CU24, but would choose the toggle over the blade for the pickups if that was an option. My blade switch came with a black tip and I swapped the gold tone and volume "speed knobs" for black lampshades. I'm thinking of swapping the creme pickup covers for black ones to complete the black theme.

By the way, does HFS really stand for "Hot, Fat and Screaming"? LOL

Black guitars are classy ;) real classy... like Victek said, those pickups are the SE HFS and VB, also standard on the newer SE Customs. The main difference would be the top is bevelled now, instead of a flat top like yours (and mine too!). The 3-way toggle is now dropped, and a 3-way blade switch is used. They also added the push-pull coil-split for the tone pot. Oh, and the moon inlays are replaced with the old-style birds, which happened when they pulled the standard SE Custom 24 from the catalogue and introduced the 25th Anniversary Edition, with the quilted tops. The birds stayed on the fretboard too when they did the 2012 update on the SE Custom. Apart from that, they're pretty much the same, I guess... maybe nicer flame veneers are used or it could be my eyes are playing tricks on me haha :confused:

I like the pickups. I'm debating putting some bareknuckles in there just for some thing a little different. I really like the zebra pickups so what ever I get will still be those colors. I really like red guitars. Like the new SE SC245 in that scarlet red. Some black guitars are ok. I like the les paul black beauties. This one color wise just doesn't do it for me. If I bought it I'd never picked that color.

Beside all that, what neck does this have on it. I see the new ones have a wide thin neck and was wondering if this does also.

As promised, I higher rez pic. No complaints. I can see why PRS signed it. It's nearly flawless in the way the flames line up, slightly chevroned, but it works.

J9ymlFj.jpg

I like the pickups. I'm debating putting some bareknuckles in there just for some thing a little different. I really like the zebra pickups so what ever I get will still be those colors. I really like red guitars. Like the new SE SC245 in that scarlet red. Some black guitars are ok. I like the les paul black beauties. This one color wise just doesn't do it for me. If I bought it I'd never picked that color.

Beside all that, what neck does this have on it. I see the new ones have a wide thin neck and was wondering if this does also.

I was all into metal stuff, so I swapped out the bridge pickup for a D Activator. After a year playing it, the neck pickup developed a buzz that I was unable to remedy, I swapped it out for another D Activator in the neck. Now whenever I go to my nearest GC and plug in any SE Custom, I felt that the stock pickups were somehow good enough for me and I didn't appreciate it well enough! The funny thing is that, instead of mahogany like the US Custom 24, it uses a 3 piece maple neck. The body is a 3 piece mahogany, so no complains for me at this price range. Now this is a very subjective thing for me, and may not be true for others. I feel that the older wide thin like the one on yours are just a hair thicker than the post-2012 wide thin necks. The fretboard edge also feels rounder on the older ones, but that could be because I've worn it down already. I love red guitars as well! Been thinking about getting a CAR strat but my girlfriend was like, "You already have a red one!" :iamconfused:

Here's mine :)

It's very scratchy up close, since I don't take drastic measures to protect it from gigging elements. Not the prettiest flame top, but I've started to appreciate it more lately and I'm quite pleased with it. :) Also, please excuse the lower resolution of the pics, I only have my trusty phone camera with me! :p

As promised, I higher rez pic. No complaints. I can see why PRS signed it. It's nearly flawless in the way the flames line up, slightly chevroned, but it works.

J9ymlFj.jpg

Very cool, man :top: do you get lost on the fretboard? Playing on dot inlaid fretboards from day one, I can't seem to read the bats well :confused:

I was all into metal stuff, so I swapped out the bridge pickup for a D Activator. After a year playing it, the neck pickup developed a buzz that I was unable to remedy, I swapped it out for another D Activator in the neck. Now whenever I go to my nearest GC and plug in any SE Custom, I felt that the stock pickups were somehow good enough for me and I didn't appreciate it well enough! The funny thing is that, instead of mahogany like the US Custom 24, it uses a 3 piece maple neck. The body is a 3 piece mahogany, so no complains for me at this price range. Now this is a very subjective thing for me, and may not be true for others. I feel that the older wide thin like the one on yours are just a hair thicker than the post-2012 wide thin necks. The fretboard edge also feels rounder on the older ones, but that could be because I've worn it down already. I love red guitars as well! Been thinking about getting a CAR strat but my girlfriend was like, "You already have a red one!" :iamconfused:

Here's mine :)

It's very scratchy up close, since I don't take drastic measures to protect it from gigging elements. Not the prettiest flame top, but I've started to appreciate it more lately and I'm quite pleased with it. :) Also, please excuse the lower resolution of the pics, I only have my trusty phone camera with me! :p

That's a beautiful guitar. If i was going to go with dimarizos I would go with air classics or something like that. I'm not really into newer metal so the d activators dont excite me much. I'm thinking of getting a set of the mule from bareknuckle, but might keep these. Still debating it.

I would love to have a guitar that color.

Yeah, they've shuffled some of the features around. I like the curved top on my 2012 SE CU24, but would choose the toggle over the blade for the pickups if that was an option. My blade switch came with a black tip and I swapped the gold tone and volume "speed knobs" for black lampshades. I'm thinking of swapping the creme pickup covers for black ones to complete the black theme.

By the way, does HFS really stand for "Hot, Fat and Screaming"? LOL

Now you got me thinking how it's going to look like ;)

the pickup is indeed named HFS because it's "Hot, Fat and (it) Screams"! Sounds corny but effective as a name :laugh: Just like how they named Paul's signature guitar Paul's Guitar. Exceptional and easy to remember :top:

That's a beautiful guitar. If i was going to go with dimarizos I would go with air classics or something like that. I'm not really into newer metal so the d activators dont excite me much. I'm thinking of getting a set of the mule from bareknuckle, but might keep these. Still debating it.

I would love to have a guitar that color.

Yeah, I've been thinking about getting another guitar designated for metal and move the D Activators there. I'd put in something softer in the SE so that it does more things. It's also versatile now, but I'm wanting a fatter sound to contrast with the bright and clear D Acts. Maybe a Norton or similar output in the bridge. I'm undecided on the neck pickup as of yet, but I have the sound that I've been wanting in my head already :D

The last time I checked they do sell the 2012/2013 models in Black Cherry in musician's friend, so that's your chance there :D

I'm guessing you're a fan of natural colours and the stoptails :laugh: i know right... But that's a really reddish-brown collection :p

I actually really liked the Whale blue color of the SE CU24 I didn't like the Wide thin neck nor the pups .Yes I 'm partial to stopbar tailpieces .

My retro soapbar

First post. Thought of doing my own version of a 50's inspired department store guitar, except that this one sounds awesome and stays in tune!

cheers,
Joe

DSC_0001_zps1b521147.jpg
DSC_0006_zps397591c2.jpg

Very cool, man :top: do you get lost on the fretboard? Playing on dot inlaid fretboards from day one, I can't seem to read the bats well :confused:

It's got dots on the spin of the fretboard. Plus I'm more of a rhythm type hacker, I've never been much interested in lead or soloing. So I'm not normally trying to do anything intricate. After looking at it for a few months I think the bats are not symmetrical enough for the guitar (or any guitar for the matter). It is what sets it apart from other PRSs, but if I had to nitpick my own guitar I would have placed them more traditionally.

New to the Forum. I traded for a Singlecut SE in Antique white last week. I thought it would look cool with black hardware...
IMAG0572.jpg

IMAG0571.jpg

That does look really classy with black hardware. White is my favorite color for the Singlecuts.

Back