Show your SE!

Hey guys,
I'm Stephen and this is my first post here, just wanted to stop buy and say hi and show off my new SE Custom which some one gave me.
1150687_10151744593724774_1081263407_o.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I'm Stephen and this is my first post here, just wanted to stop buy and say hi and show off my new SE Custom which some one gave me.

someone gave it you? like, as a gift? you are one lucky man :cheers: welcome to the forum stephen!

Hey guys,

You've got nice friends :) It's a little hard to tell from the photo, but is it "whale blue"? I'm a fan of the toggle type switch for the pickups Vs the newer blade on my SE CU24. HNGD!

I've been trying to figure out the color, it's not blue, it's more of a dark green.

And yes, a guy from church had it and didn't play it so he gave it to me.

I know it's an 07 from doing some research about them. It's not perfect, but it plays great and sounds fantastic.

It's probably the grey/black that has started to um "morph" into a greenish looking color. I have one like that and the color looks to be "changing" a bit too.

Hey guys,
welcome aboard my friend,this is a good friendly forume.....and congrats on ur new prs im sure you will love it,there aint no better.and just to tell ya ptc team ar amazing if you ever find u need a little or big help with your guitar.axe

Hey guys,

That's real sexy. What year is that sucker? The guitar I mean.
Is it one of the newer ones?
Got my Tremonti SE Custom a few months ago. I was looking for a singlecutaway cause I have a few PRS doublecuts already. Before I found the Ttremonti Custom, all the SCs I tried had WideFat necks that I don't really like.
The front runner was a new SE Custom24. It had the WideThin neck that I love. It was tobacco burst flame. Decent looking but...then I found the Tremonti in the end of an aisle and BOOM...perfect and exactly what I was after. A SC with a WT neck.

Now the reason for my little story...
If I had seen a CU24 SE that looked like yours, in gray black, I probably wouldn't have kept searching for the SC and my Wife would have "leaned on me" more to get the CU24..and I would have bought it and been happy.
Very nice looking axe you have there.
Please don't take this the wrong way but...I sure am glad they didn't have one that looked like yours does that day I went SE SC shopping. I wouldn't have my Tremonti right now I'd have one that looks just like yours and I would have been happy as a clam...but I would have still been GASsing for a SC.
Congrats on the great axe at an incredible price!

Got my Tremonti SE Custom a few months ago. I was looking for a singlecutaway cause I have a few PRS doublecuts already. Before I found the Ttremonti Custom, all the SCs I tried had WideFat necks that I don't really like.
The front runner was a new SE Custom24. It had the WideThin neck that I love. It was tobacco burst flame. Decent looking but...then I found the Tremonti in the end of an aisle and BOOM...perfect and exactly what I was after. A SC with a WT neck.

If I had seen a CU24 SE that looked like yours, in gray black, I probably wouldn't have kept searching for the SC and my Wife would have "leaned on me" more to get the CU24..and I would have bought it and been happy.
Please don't take this the wrong way but...I sure am glad they didn't have one that looked like yours does that day I went SE SC shopping. I wouldn't have my Tremonti right now I'd have one that looks just like yours and I would have been happy as a clam...but I would have still been GASsing for a SC.
it's an old one, with the 3-way toggle, moon inlays and a flat top which is not visible in the pic. I have one too, it's pretty much the only guitar that I will ever need. But then, lately because of GAS... I'm wanting another one! (or two more, or three....)

It's an 07 I believe, serial of "H". Funny, the color is the only think I'm not real thrilled about. I've never been one for black guitars. I started playing ibanez when I started on electric, and they are know for their bright colors. I also have a shell pink strat, black's never really been my thing, but I love everything else about the guitar. (Well maybe a pickup swap in the future.) But it's more the fact that Trent gave it to me. It's the story that makes it cool.

Also, what can anyone tell me about these? I'd like to know what I got and what pickups, neck, whatever info anyone might have.

I'd like to know what I got and what pickups, neck, whatever info anyone might have.

The pickups look the same as the current zebra pickups which are described
as:

Treble PickupPRS Designed SE HFS Treble
Bass PickupPRS Designed SE Vintage Bass

Last edited:
The updated SE collection ! I replaced the whale blue Cu 24 with a Bernie . Love the Bernie , much more my style . Love the neck carve !
8a0208c9-0682-4c68-80a1-10d4f18624d8_zpse991323d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It's an 07 I believe, serial of "H". Funny, the color is the only think I'm not real thrilled about. I've never been one for black guitars. I started playing ibanez when I started on electric, and they are know for their bright colors. I also have a shell pink strat, black's never really been my thing, but I love everything else about the guitar. (Well maybe a pickup swap in the future.) But it's more the fact that Trent gave it to me. It's the story that makes it cool.

Also, what can anyone tell me about these? I'd like to know what I got and what pickups, neck, whatever info anyone might have.

Black guitars are classy ;) real classy... like Victek said, those pickups are the SE HFS and VB, also standard on the newer SE Customs. The main difference would be the top is bevelled now, instead of a flat top like yours (and mine too!). The 3-way toggle is now dropped, and a 3-way blade switch is used. They also added the push-pull coil-split for the tone pot. Oh, and the moon inlays are replaced with the old-style birds, which happened when they pulled the standard SE Custom 24 from the catalogue and introduced the 25th Anniversary Edition, with the quilted tops. The birds stayed on the fretboard too when they did the 2012 update on the SE Custom. Apart from that, they're pretty much the same, I guess... maybe nicer flame veneers are used or it could be my eyes are playing tricks on me haha :confused:

The updated SE collection ! I replaced the whale blue Cu 24 with a Bernie . Love the Bernie , much more my style . Love the neck carve !
8a0208c9-0682-4c68-80a1-10d4f18624d8_zpse991323d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm guessing you're a fan of natural colours and the stoptails :laugh: i know right... But that's a really reddish-brown collection :p

Back