Show your SE!

I don't notice any difference in the tone at all and no noticeable difference in sustain with it locked either. But I do not have that super hearing thing either like other people.

OK, So finally got around to taking some crappy shot of my SE CU24. I love it. It came perfect. Absolutely no flaws anywhere. 1st time posting from Picasa, I hope it works. I put US amber lampshades on cause I like the look better and I installed a Tremol-No. I have had absolutely no issues with anything. I also put EB Cobalt 10's so I had to take a little sandpaper to the nut.(but only to the wound string slots.) No tuning issues, but I would like to put locking tuners on at some point just to make string changes a little easier. Thanks for listening:biggrin:
20130518_144822.jpg
20130517_184401.jpg
20130518_144801.jpg
20130518_144226.jpg

Looks terrific! ( I do have the exact same guitar after all :) ) I'm waiting for a pair of black lampshade knobs to replace the stock ones. I find them a little too easy to turn and I think the smaller lampshades will help with that, but the black will look good in any case. I may go for a set of locking tuners at some point, but it will be for string changing convenience - the turning is already very stable.

Hey guys, I've been browsing the site for a while, but this is my first post. Here's my two Tremontis and the rest of the family. Stay tuned, because I just ordered 3 more SEs, (singlecut, custom 22, and a custom 24.) The SE custom 24 was damaged during shipping, but I picked it up for $200 on the bay and I'm going to refinish it.

Like a hole in the head...look what followed me home today...apparently a GC exclusive Vintage Burst Quilt on the SE Santana, my favorite SE:

WP_20130609_001_zps74aed001.jpg

Like a hole in the head...look what followed me home today...apparently a GC exclusive Vintage Burst Quilt on the SE Santana, my favorite SE:

WP_20130609_001_zps74aed001.jpg

BANGIN. Really nice figure on that one, and the burst is perfect too. Seems like every quilt SE I see has a nicely figured top.

I've been avoiding GC since I heard about this run, don't want to get caught up in the snare of the quilt... it's happened to me a time or two before...

9003061033_c74f9350c2_c.jpg

They do have a funny way of following one home, no? Anyways, great score Carl. Loving that top, the depth and color make it look like a burning fire! Any mod plans?

If anyone else is wondering, it looks like they also have the SE245 in a red/orange quilt and the CU24 in dark cherry quilt on the website. That's as close as I can afford to get to them for now!

If anyone else is wondering, it looks like they also have the SE245 in a red/orange quilt and the CU24 in dark cherry quilt on the website.

My local GC had the 245 in the orange quilt. Very, very cool looking, although maybe because it's such a LP-type outline that I like that guitar better with a more standard burst, or plain top.

Never seen the 24 in the dark cherry, or the grey black for that matter, in person. GC has the 24 in a vintage burst, same color as my new Santana, but it's flame, not quilt, and it was nice but didn't grab me like this one did. No mods planned...yet...

BANGIN. Really nice figure on that one, and the burst is perfect too. Seems like every quilt SE I see has a nicely figured top.

I've been avoiding GC since I heard about this run, don't want to get caught up in the snare of the quilt... it's happened to me a time or two before...

9003061033_c74f9350c2_c.jpg

They do have a funny way of following one home, no? Anyways, great score Carl. Loving that top, the depth and color make it look like a burning fire! Any mod plans?

If anyone else is wondering, it looks like they also have the SE245 in a red/orange quilt and the CU24 in dark cherry quilt on the website. That's as close as I can afford to get to them for now!

That's a beauty.. the F.Akesson SE... what pickups did you put on that guitar?

here's my latest acquisition, the SE7 Custom.
1010550_10151547363839457_1397963572_n.jpg

1014490_10151547365759457_25449381_o.jpg

Recorded a quick test-clip with it yesterday, just the SND 9/9+ straight to Logic with the free Torpedo cabplug,
will make a proper video demo of it when time allows.
https://soundcloud.com/richard-lainegard/test/s-ZIcqb

The verdict then? Best SE I have played or owned thus far, didn't need any setup pr attention
straight form the box. And nto havign played 7strings in ages (and then Ibanez) I really love it,
feels better than any other 7-string I've played (regardless of brand and price), just feels so "PRS'y" I guess :rock:
They really knocked it out of the park with this one!
If I have some qualms about it, it's that the bridge pup is a little too muddy for the really downtuned modern metal stuff,
but I love the neck pup, and for everything but that "djent-tone" the stock pickups will work just fine.

I need to get some better pics online but here is my modified PRS Mushok SE!

PRS_Mushok_SE_1.jpg

PRS_Mushok_SE_2.jpg

PRS_Mushok_SE_3.jpg

PRS_Mushok_SE_4.jpg

PRS_Mushok_SE_5.jpg

She has a set of the Black Hawks from Bare Knuckle Pickups as well as a set of Schaller M6 locking tuners and strap locks. I've also added a set of chrome Ibanez collet knobs since then too! I'd still like to have the nut swapped with a bone one but the stock one wasn't too bad (I dropped the gauge down to a much smaller set than they come with stock since this one is only tuned to Drop B, could use a nut filed for the exact gauge strings I use :top:).

They're like rabbits...two more this week :) both used and in damn near unplayed condition - so for just a little more than one new one I got two!

My love for the new SECU24 is no secret; with Cobalt .10s on these they sound and play amazingly well.

#1 - the Whale Blue on the 2012s is so damn dark, it's difficult to see that this one has a very nice chevron pattern - hard to photograph:

086_zps0c714d12.jpg

#2 - could not believe I found a purple one used in the US! Not sure how she found me, but very excited:

089_zpsa7d6cc05.jpg

I'm jealous beyond reason over the purple one!

Literally the day after I scored the blue one, the purple one showed up online. What's an addict to do?

Mrs. Cantankerous was not very interested regarding the availability of purple in the US. Well, if she does kick me out, I can always make a shanty town out of all of the guitar shipment boxes that have piled up in the basement...

Back