Show your pedalboard!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John Beef, Apr 24, 2013.

1. littlebadboy

littlebadboy New Member

Dayem... That is so sweet! I'd like to have one if it wasn't out of my price range!

11top likes this.
  2. Tosca

Tosca Death by a million mini-toggles...

3. jxe

jxe babe en der wood

jd > coke > keith > tele deluxe > blackface super reverb > coors chaser

Boogie likes this.
  4. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Ha! I had to go back because I didn't see any lines cut on top of that cab. "Coke" was real Coke, not what I was thinking!

5. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

I read this post and couldn’t figure out why you were talking about Coca-Cola, and not finding piping inserts near the edges of the cabinet’s top, in the same sentence.

Then I realized what kind of “line” you meant.

I am a dullard.

Alnus Rubra and bodia like this.
  6. jxe

jxe babe en der wood

rider specified an eight of coke and the u.s. promoter got him six 12 oz cans.

bodia likes this.
  7. Mike Duncan

Mike Duncan DGT Player

8. prsrocker1988

prsrocker1988 New Member

I love it! The Chime has a great Petty-sounding Vox tone, and the Iron is that big Tweed Stonesy vibe.

For years I would take my small 50s Tweed Deluxe, put a slapback echo pedal in line always on, plug it into an A/B box, and put it on my pedalboard and treat it as an overdrive pedal! Cranked, miced, and when I wanted a big fat guitar sound for a solo, I could bring that in with my main rig and basically I would treat it as a pedal. I would take my guitar cable into the input, and A would be my pedalboard into my main amp, and B would be a cord straight into the Deluxe with the echo on top of the amp. So I could have a straight in tone with the Tweed while still having all my effects and main amp still on. I really looked at it like I was just turning on a pedal. A would always be on, and B could bring the Tweed in and out. But instead of the board going to both amps, it only went to one as I wanted to have a raw tone for the Tweed. I really don't have to do that now with the PettyDrive, lol. I never found a Tweed in a box pedal that worked for me, whereas I have had good luck with Marshall in a box pedals that were satisfactory, but Tweed in a box pedals ended up sounding like fuzzboxes, there was no clarity or definition. It was like a Tweed on 12, not 7 or 8, before it fell apart. Well the Iron accomplishes this quite nicely. It retains that definition while still feeling like a little Tweed combo. I never used it to get a stereo vibe, I only brought the Tweed in for solos mostly. Basically again, treating it like an overdrive. I just magically thought of it one day and wrote it out and starting doing it. Most use A/B boxes for stereo or to switch back and forth between amps. For me it was just about getting a great solo tone and then turn off the B side when I was done. It's an expensive overdrive pedal. ;)

9. ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

]-[@n$0Ma☩!© Der Hans der kann's

10. Jazzedout

Jazzedout New Member

Double Micro stacks!

11. prsrocker1988

prsrocker1988 New Member

The current iteration.

[​IMG]

LSchefman and bodia like this.
  12. Guitpicky

Guitpicky New Member

I haven't taken any pics yet but I built a pedal board during the holidaze. I have 7 pedals:

Korg Pitchblack Custom Tuner>
    Orange Fur Coat Octave Fuzz>
    Orange Kongpressor>
    Orange Two Stroke EQ>
    into front of Amp
    Whirlwind Orange Box Phaser>
    MXR Carbon Copy Delay>
    MXR M300 Reverb>
    into Effects loop
    All on a Pedaltrain Classic Jr with Roland Gold Series 6" patch cables.

I bought everything used mint instead of new except for the patch cables which were new but 30% off.

Kind of like buying fishing lures, each one doesn't cost much but before you know it you've spent a small fortune :)

#272 Guitpicky, Jan 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    LSchefman and bodia like this.
  13. Guitpicky

Guitpicky New Member

Here's a pic...

[​IMG]

Pretty basic but they're all quiet and do their job well. The 3 Orange pedals are on 12v, the rest are running on 9v. I thought about a DIY board but it was the holidaze and I was too busy shopping for pedals. Got a good deal on the Classic Jr and it worked out well :)

Coop, LSchefman and Mike Duncan like this.
  14. Michael D. Carter

Michael D. Carter New Member

Bonamassa wah, Doublerated special, MXR Chorus, Boss tuner, Ditto looper. That's everything I need. I have 100 plus pedals, but when it comes to actually playing at stage volume with other instrument I don't hear a lot of difference in pedals and the Doublerated specials ability to switch from a no gain TS sound to a dirty TS sound in the same enclosure makes it my favorite.

LSchefman likes this.
  15. prsrocker1988

prsrocker1988 New Member

16. jxe

jxe babe en der wood

you guys must sound like god himself with all this hardware. i have one pedal.

LSchefman likes this.
  17. littlebadboy

littlebadboy New Member

Not much, but...

[​IMG]

...it has all that I need.

DreamTheaterRules, LSchefman and jxe like this.
  18. beckstriad

beckstriad New Member

Not sure if this is cross-posted in another thread or didn't post the first time. This board now also has (swapped in) a Klon KTR and a J. Rockett "The Dude".

[​IMG]

LSchefman likes this.
  19. CandidPicker

CandidPicker Feed & Seed

07/01/2019 FX:

Guitar In > Empress Buffer (Loop Out) > Dunlop M404 CAE Wah >> One Control Iguana Tail 2 Loopswitcher >> Polytune Noir (Tuner Out) > Ego Compressor (Loop 1) > Decibelics Golden Horse [Mini-Klon OD/Boost] (Loop 2) > Blue Note Overdrive (Loop 3) > TC Sentry Noise Gate (Loop 4) > Neunaber Immerse Reverb/Delay/Detune (Loop 5) >> One Control (Out) > Empress Buffer (Loop In) / Empress (Amp Out)

Power Supplies / Connectors: T Rex Fuel Tank Classic & Voodoo Lab Digital Power Supplies; LavaCable Solderless Tightrope Cable & Plugs; Zip Ties & Plastic Wire Wrap, Adhesive Zip Tie Tabs

[​IMG]

#279 CandidPicker, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019 at 7:17 PM
  20. John Beef

John Beef Opaque

Recently picked up a TC Mimiq to help with full time stereo tones. I had to make a few cables that are around 24" with one straight plug and one 90 degree plug. So, here we are now:

[​IMG]

The signal chain is like this: Bonafide Buffer, Drop, Super Plextortion, out to amp (Egnater TOL50), FX send to Tuner, Mimiq (where it splits into Stereo), Mobius, Delay, Looper, Stereo out to Mesa 20/20.