Show your pedal boards here!

IMG_7064.jpg

Did a complete overhaul of my board last night after acquiring a few missing pieces. I think this should cover all my needs for a while, or until gas strikes again.

Vox DelayLab > Zoom MS-50G (swiss army knife mainly for mods and reverb) > Boss FV-30H Volume Pedal > McCaffrey Audio The '46 Trem > DOD Phasor 201 > McCaffrey Audio Zero to Sixty Drive > McCaffrey Audio L-Drive prototype > RimRock Mythical OD > Dunlop Crybaby Mini > Loop-Master Mini ABY when needed

Shure Wireless > Axess BS2 > EB Wah > EB Vol > MXR Comp > EH Micro Pog > Bogner 101B > (FX Loop Send) RV5 > DD20 (FX Loop Return - Stereo L & R) to 2x Bogner 101Bs > L & R Bogner 1x12 Cubes (Loaded with Vintage 30s)
Full_Size_Render.jpg

Also, I've been looking for a Stoptail PRS ME II in charcoal to pop up somewhere and haven't seen anything in quite some time besides the ME I's or a ME II 25th anniversary that I passed on (I wasn't a fan of the binding). On an off chance, anyone here know someone sitting on one in their collection or anyone with this exact model that is interested in selling?

Thank you,
[email protected]

Will take a pic when I get home but current pedalboard is:

EBMM Wah => Xotic SL Drive => BK Butler Tube Driver => Xotic EP Booster (always on) => Bogner Shiva
Shiva F/X Loop => TC Electronics Corona Chorus => TC Electronics Hall of Fame Reverb = TC Electronics 4X Delay

So this was my pedal board that I used on the weekend, playing a local festival with multiple stages (and playing on four of them, so I needed to be fairly portable):

Oxblood_1024_zpsq7fbjv4c.jpg

Here's the entire rig:

LCFF_2015_Rig%20Angelus%20Oxblood%20Fishman_zpsfylvdy2g.jpg

The Angelus makes me want to post this in the acoustic forum, but there isn't much (any?) discussion of pedals there.

The Oxblood made for a really good gritty sound when I needed dirt for a solo/lead that I usually play on electric, and when I just wanted a good clean boost for an acoustic solo I dialed back the Drive fully CCW.

The Fishman Loudbox amp was an afterthought - any stage with power and a PA was supposed to have enough instrument inputs (DIs or otherwise) on the mixer, but that was not the case on the two stages we played (small ones). I happened to bring the amp "just in case". So the Fishman did a great job for the smaller venues.

For this festival, I was forced to minimize my equipment for portability, emphasizing the acoustic nature. I dialed in a bit of chorus and delay or reverb on the amp occasionally just to round out the tone. But mostly I got by with the clean acoustic tone with the Oxblood for leads.

As I mentioned in a similar post on another forum, I have ordered a battery-powered amp (Roland Cube GX) to allow me to get that good lead sound when we are playing an unpowered stage. At the festival this past weekend only two of the stages had power (with limited mixer for instruments and mics into a PA), so I played the other two just pure acoustic. It was OK, but some of our songs do better with a nice dirty lead guitar solo.

Anyway, the main point of my post is to highlight that sometimes you don't need many effects to be effective (um, sorry, pun wasn't intended). I use much bigger boards at times (and posted them here), and they are lots of fun and essential (to me) for covering a lot of different sonic territory (at least what I cover). But sometimes a single battery powered boost/dirt pedal is all you need...

Interesting. I never thought of plugging a dirt pedal into my Loudbox, I'll have to experiment.

That is an awesome looking board, full of custom gear! Great first post!

So what PRSi do you play?

Interesting. I never thought of plugging a dirt pedal into my Loudbox, I'll have to experiment.

I have been playing my mini-board, which has an acoustic loop and a dirt loop, through the Loudbox for a while. the trick is to use an amp+cab emulator pedal (I use a Joyo American Sound) to round out the electric (mag) clean or dirty sound, because the Loudbox is functioning essentially as a PA, so you need to modify the tone and dynamic response to something similar to what a guitar amp and cab does...

But with an acoustic guitar (piezo) as the signal source, the amp emulator isn't needed as much when using dirt...

That is an awesome looking board, full of custom gear! Great first post!

So what PRSi do you play?

I recently bought an SE Zach Myers Signature which is far and away the nicest guitar I have ever played bar none, I bought it having tried a range of Les Pauls from mid range to top end in GAK and thought it felt nicer to play than any of them. I had also recently checked out the USA Strats which didn't really do much for me.

Pretty simple, but versatile as my Mesa Express gives me two great channels to work from. Clean and Burn (tuned to a dumble-like overdrive for the PRS) and the Blue Note handles the strat and tele.

It's funny how things evolve in such a short time. Here's my board from1/2014...
pedalboard-full.jpg

...and from a couple weeks ago...
pedalboard10-6-2015.jpg

You know, for years my forum buddies from the other forums have asked "Just how do you get that killer DTR tone?" At first, I did the Van Halen voodoo jedi mind trick stuff, trying to throw them off course. After a while though, the requests became overbearing, as every clip I put up brought more and more and more requests for the recipe for that special DTR tone. Now that I've been here for a while, I guess it's safe to finally share this with you guys. I am forced to still keep one thing secret though. The "invisible-silent" cables linking the top row of pedals in critical in keeping the noise floor in check. The last piece of the puzzle is a very special circuit that I designed and have tweaked for years. It is last in line. All I can tell you here, without having to kill anyone, is that it is called "The Magic Box." Please note that to achieve this level of tone, ALL pedals must be on. Here is the signal chain for the magic DTR tone.

DTRTone.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, for years my forum buddies from the other forums have asked "Just how do you get that killer DTR tone?" At first, I did the Van Halen voodoo jedi mind trick stuff, trying to throw them off course. After a while though, the requests became overbearing, as every clip I put up brought more and more and more requests for the recipe for that special DTR tone. Now that I've been here for a while, I guess it's safe to finally share this with you guys. I am forced to still keep one thing secret though. The "invisible-silent" cables linking the top row of pedals in critical in keeping the noise floor in check. The last piece of the puzzle is a very special circuit that I designed and have tweaked for years. It is last in line. All I can tell you here, without having to kill anyone, is that it is called "The Magic Box." Please note that to achieve this level of tone, ALL pedals must be on. Here is the signal chain for the magic DTR tone.

Does the Tech 21 cardboard sample settings card have to have it's front left corner raised at the same angle ?

I have only experimented with it on, off and backwards. I haven't had a chance to test the corner roll angles. I was obviously concerned about that, so I had a special .00000072% oxygen free laminate applied in order to make it lay flat and not interfere with the tone. But I didn't get to test it before I did that. I know, I know, but there's only so much time in the day, and just keeping batteries in all those pedals is a job unto itself.

Back