Show your pedal boards here!

My wet dry rig.

9tecrd.jpg
I only use the Vox tone lab as a midi switcher for the Eleven Rack.
1497db5.jpg

Last edited:
I don't agree, and I'll get into that momentarily, but in shorthand there's substantial length and added capacitance between pedals when it's added up, plus EMI and RFI rejection matter, noise matters.

I should have been more specific. My board is on page 18 of this thread. I keep my interconnects as short as possible. Three of them are not cable at all, but uber-short barrel connectors.... and the patch cables are 6", except in one or two instances where I need a one foot and a two foot patch. And I considered having in and out jacks on the board itself, but rejected the idea in favor of plugging the guitar cable directly into the first effect in the chain and the output cable to the amp also coming directly from the last effect. And where I have longer cables, they are good quality.

I was referring to the quality of the 6" patches. In my scenario there are four, for a total of two feet of cable. And I use the Hosa patches for that. I had higher grade stuff in those positions, but I hear no difference... and the narrow Hosa patch cables are very flexible.

but you have me thinking. It's almost holiday season, and I seem to receive lots of music store gift certs. Perhaps this year I will test a few high-end cables, and see if I hear a difference.

Here's my board:

Hello everyone! Can you guys please help me figure out my signal path?

As you can see, the Buffer is unplugged and the EP Booster is not plugged in yet because it is brand new. The reason the Buffer is unplugged is that it was working fine until I added the Pinnacle overdrive to the chain. I never use the Suhr Riot and the Pinnacle at the same time. It's one or the other. The Riot is set for 80's hair metal tones (but waaaay better; not scooped and sterile and hollow) and the Pinnacle is set for early Van Halen tones. Yeah, that's pretty much all I play. Once I added the Pinnacle, I was getting too much noise in the background. I removed the Buffer and it was better.

First, some background on the Buffer and why I will always hold a place on my board for it. My two teenage sons worked landscaping over the summer last year and they bought it with their own money and gave it to me for my birthday. The best part is...I didn't ask them for it. They just listened to me speak of it and remembered. They both play, by the way. But they don't like to play my music. Anyway, I really need to figure out where I should place it in my signal chain.

I plug my amp and my pedalboard into a Furman Power Conditioner. My pedalboard is powered by two Voodoo Labs.

My signal chain is:

tuner > buffer > wah > Riot overdrive > Pinnacle overdrive > flanger > phaser > delay

I want to add the EP boost after the overdrives.

Where do you think I should place the buffer?

Thanks in advance...

- Bryan

Last edited:
I should have been more specific. My board is on page 18 of this thread. I keep my interconnects as short as possible. Three of them are not cable at all, but uber-short barrel connectors.... and the patch cables are 6", except in one or two instances where I need a one foot and a two foot patch. And I considered having in and out jacks on the board itself, but rejected the idea in favor of plugging the guitar cable directly into the first effect in the chain and the output cable to the amp also coming directly from the last effect. And where I have longer cables, they are good quality.

I was referring to the quality of the 6" patches. In my scenario there are four, for a total of two feet of cable. And I use the Hosa patches for that. I had higher grade stuff in those positions, but I hear no difference... and the narrow Hosa patch cables are very flexible.

but you have me thinking. It's almost holiday season, and I seem to receive lots of music store gift certs. Perhaps this year I will test a few high-end cables, and see if I hear a difference.

With that many Boss pedals and their built-in buffers, I don't think that you'll hear more than a minute difference, if that.

I'm not dissing Boss pedals at all - they're cool for a lot of things! While their buffers aren't all that transparent, the good news is that they make cable capacitance far less of a problem. So there's a tradeoff. Slightly less transparent tone, but without the signal losses you get with True Bypass pedals and cable length issues.

It's a much bigger thing if you have true bypass pedals on your board. Save your dough. I think you're fine where you are.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! Can you guys please help me figure out my signal path?

As you can see, the Buffer is unplugged and the EP Booster is not plugged in yet because it is brand new. The reason the Buffer is unplugged is that it was working fine until I added the Pinnacle overdrive to the chain. I never use the Suhr Riot and the Pinnacle at the same time. It's one or the other. The Riot is set for 80's hair metal tones (but waaaay better; not scooped and sterile and hollow) and the Pinnacle is set for early Van Halen tones. Yeah, that's pretty much all I play. Once I added the Pinnacle, I was getting too much noise in the background. I removed the Buffer and it was better.

First, some background on the Buffer and why I will always hold a place on my board for it. My two teenage sons worked landscaping over the summer last year and they bought it with their own money and gave it to me for my birthday. The best part is...I didn't ask them for it. They just listened to me speak of it and remembered. They both play, by the way. But they don't like to play my music. Anyway, I really need to figure out where I should place it in my signal chain.

I plug my amp and my pedalboard into a Furman Power Conditioner. My pedalboard is powered by two Voodoo Labs.

My signal chain is:

tuner > buffer > wah > Riot overdrive > Pinnacle overdrive > flanger > phaser > delay

I want to add the EP boost after the overdrives.

Where do you think I should place the buffer?

Thanks in advance...

- Bryan

I'd make the buffer the first thing in your chain. Then whichever OD between the Suhr and the Pinnacle is the lower gain device, then the higher gain device, then the rest as you have it set up.

Makes sense. I actually do the same with drive pedals and delays. I do keep two drives on both my boards, but they change frequently. Kind of like guitars. :wave:

Not really.

I've had a Plimsoul around since they first came out, and as with several pedals, they've been on and off the board a bunch of times. I'm able to get a traditional "pedal" sound out of the Plimsoul. I run it with the dial in a very soft setting, and get kind of a tube screamer thing going with it. I even roll off much of the high end, for this gooey, compressed sound that works with either of my amps in a certain way. Here's an example; about a quarter of the way in on this track, I used the Plimsoul that way for a short solo passage, and also toward the end. All guitar tracks were with the DG30 and the DG30 cab:

https://soundcloud.com/lschefman/fc-instrumental

The Bogner pedals are actually better for what most of us want in an overdrive, namely, sounding like an amp.

But I have two great amps that I switch between, so I started using the Plimsoul to get that "thing" happening, and have just kind of stuck with it the past few months.

"Then why don't you keep both overdrives on your pedalboard, Les?"

Well...because then I go back and forth between them trying to decide which one to use for what, and I get all crazy. So I've basically reduced my choices. If I want a gainier amp sound, I use the HXDA and turn up the gain. If I want a really gainy and authentic amp sound, I push the HXDA with a boost pedal. If I want crazy gain, I run a fuzz.

But if I want the sound of an OD pedal I use the Plimsoul for now. I might decide to go with a Bogner, or an Xotic BB Plus down the road. I kind of like to change things up every now and then.

Pretty much my thinking Les.

I use the Timmy for boost and light gain or boost and Bogner Burnley only when running into a clean amp. The Double Barrel (TS808) for a different flavour of boost. They are never all on together. The Fuzz for some lead tones that I love.

OcWSmje.jpg

Raymond, that is still one of the coolest looking and best-organized pedalboards I have ever seen. Plus, switcher and all the primo good stuff. :top:

I think I'd go cross-eyed just figuring out where to place all the pedals and how to wire up something like that!

Last edited:
Pretty much my thinking Les.

I use the Timmy for boost and light gain or boost and Bogner Burnley only when running into a clean amp. The Double Barrel (TS808) for a different flavour of boost. They are never all on together. The Fuzz for some lead tones that I love.

OcWSmje.jpg

Dat board, so clean...

Here is the latest edition of my board. Added a Voodoo Labs Control Switcher (under board) and a PX-8 MIDI/Looper. Also added more TC Electronic goodness. Thinking about an Eventide H9 Max next, it will fit in the top left.

n5Klxp1.jpg

Raymond, that is still one of the coolest looking and best-organized pedalboards I have ever seen. Plus, switcher and all the primo good stuff. :top:

I think I'd go cross-eyed just figuring out where to place all the pedals and how to wire up something like that!

I must admit, the planning itself takes longer than actually wiring it all up. Got to work out the power requirements of each pedal in relation to which socket of the PSU it is best pulling from, then the position in terms of best space saving, and plan out what goes inside the looper and also what pedals are inside the loop of the amp. As The pedals left of the volume pedal (except the Colour Box) are in the FX loop if needs be, or it can also run direct in front without chaining anything, just a simple case of a couple of instrument leads. This also means I had to pre-plan this and asked the pedalboard builder to install a patch box underside so it works on the outside.

There are so many little challenges that i didn't expect, like the position of the jacks can result in differences of the position of the board. Like the Double Barrel ought to sit about 5mm lower but because of the power socket it can't as it is blocked by the jack of the Timmy. The Timmy has space to go lower but the Bogner Burnley's input jack block the Timmy moving lower. Which means as a result, the Cali76 is sitting a little higher than I would like by about 5mm.

I must admit, the planning itself takes longer than actually wiring it all up. Got to work out the power requirements of each pedal in relation to which socket of the PSU it is best pulling from, then the position in terms of best space saving, and plan out what goes inside the looper and also what pedals are inside the loop of the amp. As The pedals left of the volume pedal (except the Colour Box) are in the FX loop if needs be, or it can also run direct in front without chaining anything, just a simple case of a couple of instrument leads. This also means I had to pre-plan this and asked the pedalboard builder to install a patch box underside so it works on the outside.

There are so many little challenges that i didn't expect, like the position of the jacks can result in differences of the position of the board. Like the Double Barrel ought to sit about 5mm lower but because of the power socket it can't as it is blocked by the jack of the Timmy. The Timmy has space to go lower but the Bogner Burnley's input jack block the Timmy moving lower. Which means as a result, the Cali76 is sitting a little higher than I would like by about 5mm.

A few small compromises, then, but still it's a stellar job.

And Nosamide, yours is also on its way with that switch box! I have a switcher for when I have a non-true bypass pedal on the board, but for better or worse, all of the current pedals are t.b. and it's in my pedal storage case for now.

Last edited:
My new 'fly' board...well, I take to practice. I could gig with this thing for sure.

It is perfectly balanced, with that handle in the center.

Comp%20Jr_zpsuh85qrd1.jpg

Hi Guy's,

New to the forum, here's my knucklehead and much reduced board for live. Running it into a Blackstar HT 60 with Vintage 30's, and a either an '07 singlecut satin trem with Bare Knuckle Nail Bombs, or a Soapbar 2 with Bare Knuckle Supermassive 90 in the bridge and BKP-91 in the neck.

IMG_2122_zpsgjay1rbc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

left to right I have it set as:

1. clean + verb
2. clean + delay + Verb
3. clean + delay + M5
4. Crunch (clean channel on class A + LT Boost)
5. Supercrunch Channel
6. Riff/Loud (Supercrunch channel + eq)
7. Solo - (Supercrunch + EQ + Delay)
8 Solo Modified (Supercrunch + EQ + Delay + M5)

This gives me as much versatility as I need in my current band. I've just taken off a Keeley DS-1, Little Big Muff and a Blackstar HT Dist X for ease and weight.

Anyway nice to see you all hope your having an awesome friday

Aus X

Y
Hi Guy's,

New to the forum, here's my knucklehead and much reduced board for live. Running it into a Blackstar HT 60 with Vintage 30's, and a either an '07 singlecut satin trem with Bare Knuckle Nail Bombs, or a Soapbar 2 with Bare Knuckle Supermassive 90 in the bridge and BKP-91 in the neck.

IMG_2122_zpsgjay1rbc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

1. clean + verb
2. clean + delay + Verb
3. clean + delay + M5
5. Supercrunch Channel

This gives me as much versatility as I need in my current band. I've just taken off a Keeley DS-1, Little Big Muff and a Blackstar HT Dist X for ease and weight.

Aus X

A top quality first post! Welcome!

Hi Guy's,

IMG_2122_zpsgjay1rbc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

1. clean + verb
2. clean + delay + Verb
3. clean + delay + M5
5. Supercrunch Channel

Aus X

Nice! Another slick rig!

Thanks for the pedal board love Mr Schefman and Mr PC. I've been a long time lurker on this board so i'm well aware of your your own pursuits of tonal bliss!

My Acoustic Board. The DI/Amp is in stereo. Another cabinet is located on the other side of the room. I would love for PRS to make something like this. These units are very popular. They were 1600.00 new and the price proved to much for Fender to keep in the lineup. The amp is not as fat as the pic shows. It is alot slimmer. I get excellent sound with this rig. The Wampler is perfect for Acoustics, the MXR EQ lets me dial in the right mix. The reverb completes the deal. The amp has numerous effect settings and some are better than others. The writing is just to small to read with so many settings. The sound is superb.

20151114_072501.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Neat! I like the idea of a reverb into a stereo amp. I need to track down one of these.

Neat! I like the idea of a reverb into a stereo amp. I need to track down one of these.

Thank you Dusty, yes, the stereo easily supplements the effects of reverb, chorus and delay with a full lush sound I do not think you can get otherwise. I want to add a microphone to place near the soundhole, but not sure what one to go with. That is one of my quests for this upcoming year. I have a second amp/DI head that I intend to use for vocals and the acoustic mike. At least that is the early plan. Have not thought it completely through yet.

Back