Serious self esteem question.....

Just go with your head held high and ROCK ‘EM DEAD! Just think of all the other high pressure situations you been in different facets of your life but managed to come out on top! If you make a mistake who cares!!! I have been in some high pressure stakes where I have made a mistake and I thought oh sh*t. Nothing was said or maybe they didn’t notice. YOU’VE GOT THIS!

It's easy to level the playing field. Here are a few pro tips:

1. Bring liquor/drugs to session.

2, Give it to everyone but yourself.

Alternatively:

1. Get a session player to dress like you and wear a mask.

Second alternate concept:

1. Bring friend to session.

2. Have friend say things like, 'Man, you freaking nailed that part, you're the best one in this band', and 'Par-Tay!' following your takes (works well in conjunction with the liquor/drugs tip).

Third alternate concept:

1. Sit next to the engineer during everyone else's takes.

2. Frown often and make comments the other musicians can't hear. Face-palms also work well. Tell the singer, 'Don't worry, the engineer says he can correct that take with auto-tune'.

Fourth alternate concept:

1. Distract them with naked tattoo models.

Last edited:
It's easy to level the playing field. Here are a few pro tips:

1. Bring liquor/drugs to session.

2, Give it to everyone but yourself.

Alternatively:

1. Get a session player to dress like you and wear a mask.

Second alternate concept:

1. Bring friend to session.

2. Have friend say things like, 'Man, you freaking nailed that part, you're the best one in this band', and 'Par-Tay!' following your takes (works well in conjunction with the liquor/drugs tip).

Third alternate concept:

1. Sit next to the engineer during everyone else's takes.

2. Frown often and make comments the other musicians can't hear. Face-palms also work well. Tell the singer, 'Don't worry, the engineer says he can correct that take with auto-tune'.

Fourth alternate concept:

1. Distract them with naked tattoo models.
Sage wisdom here. I’m saving this for other situations as well.

Back