SERGIO'S "I GOT THE BLUES" THREAD

Ha! I kid... the only thing you'd have to hide in your home if I were to visit would be your liquor cabinet key. The blue one with the tree of life would probably wind up in my grubby mitts at some point, it'd be hard to resist.

We don't even have a liquor cabinet, let alone a key. We do have treats scattered in various locations of the house though, so it's hard for anyone to find everything.

Just a curiosity and not a dig or anything but why are we allowed to show off guitars that aren't PRS in this thread but not in that one that was closed recently?

Blue guitars STILL sound best!
You get the DGT at EXP?? I took a pic cause I thought it was one of the coolest that year.
9884603634_5585b84d9b_b.jpg

Here's mine:

7029498983_f6fa02885f_b.jpg

This 57/08 McCarty was blueberry, like Mintzer's at one time...pissed I let this one go.

8501196408_ca1a8b3bc6_b.jpg

A few of mine to contribute...
Yes its true,,,,, I dig them blue!

Just a curiosity and not a dig or anything but why are we allowed to show off guitars that aren't PRS in this thread but not in that one that was closed recently?

We're not showing off. We're taunting.

It's not about the guitars here - it's about the color.

It's double standards though. How is this any different to showing off guitars in the other thread that was closed for doing exactly that? blue/black/pink/yellow etc it doesn't matter. How am I supposed to adhere to rules and be respectful of them if they are so obviously ignored elsewhere on the forum?

It's double standards though. How is this any different to showing off guitars in the other thread that was closed for doing exactly that? blue/black/pink/yellow etc it doesn't matter. How am I supposed to adhere to rules and be respectful of them if they are so obviously ignored elsewhere on the forum?

I'm guilty, though ignorance is not a good defense, I was unaware that non PRS guitars were forbidden. If that true it's kinda sad, I'll take my PRSi over any of my other brands but without comparisons of "X" brand we are wearing blinders.

Mods, if we truly aren't supposed to show photos of other brands I will censor myself going forward.

Long Live Blue Guitars! Lol

Sergio must realize how well liked he is to get his own thread! Lol. Even if we are having fun at his expense.

I'm guilty, though ignorance is not a good defense, I was unaware that non PRS guitars were forbidden. If that true it's kinda sad, I'll take my PRSi over any of my other brands but without comparisons of "X" brand we are wearing blinders.

Mods, if we truly aren't supposed to show photos of other brands I will censor myself going forward.

Long Live Blue Guitars! Lol

A thread was started in general just asking if anyone had any other makes of guitars and people started slating it for being disrespectful to Paul etc. I think it's a little sad but what can you do

Sergio: This your place, 11?
11: Yeah, whatta ya think?
Sergio: It's really... awful.
11: Well, I got a lot of blue guitars on order. You know... color blind trouble.

11top: "So your place, it got any blue guitars?"

Sergio: "Uh yeah, we got a blue guitar and a pool... blue guitars good for you."

We don't even have a liquor cabinet, let alone a key. We do have treats scattered in various locations of the house though, so it's hard for anyone to find everything.

No liquor cabinet? Well thats one less place I'll have to look!

It it difficult. We really only have one active moderator here and there isn't any rhyme or reason for what gets past, and what gets nuked. Sure, it's a double standard and unevenly enforced, but it's like guys being expected to open doors, make the first move, or pay for dinner with women: Accept it, or look harder for exceptions. If you use the search function long enough you'll find a 5 page long thread dedicated to other brands of guitars on here. I'd find it for you, but it hurts my eyes.

Sergio must realize how well liked he is to get his own thread! Lol. Even if we are having fun at his expense.

Hey Sergio!
I don't have any PRS anymore but I still have a Pic of my last one.

JUST FOR YOU! :D

I didn't see the other thread, but the general rule of thumb seems to be that you don't have to deny the existence of other brands - like in this thread - but we don't have threads to show or denigrate other brands. So, a thread like "Check out my great Les Paul" or "This is why Strats are no good" probably won't fly. Whereas this thread is "Look - guitars are blue".

But that's only my interpretation.

it's like guys being expected to open doors, make the first move, or pay for dinner with women:

One thing I've found about opening doors for women - they really hate it if you do it when the car is still moving.

Back