SERGIO'S "I GOT THE BLUES" THREAD

I didn't see the other thread, but the general rule of thumb seems to be that you don't have to deny the existence of other brands - like in this thread - but we don't have threads to show or denigrate other brands. So, a thread like "Check out my great Les Paul" or "This is why Strats are no good" probably won't fly. Whereas this thread is "Look - guitars are blue".

But that's only my interpretation.

I made the mistake of replying to a thread like you describe, and I received an incredibly rude, overblown response from one individual in particular, and lesser cautions from a few others. I have read the posted rules, and there is no mention of other makes being taboo. I can understand keeping other makes limited, and maybe confined to the general section, but you'd have thought we were posting endorsements of genocide. And the most indignant of the bunch has an avatar that is borderline to actually violating the posted rules.

Just sayin'

Tom

Here's my humble contributions to this thread...

McCarty BLE #001/500 with an HB2 brother-an:
PRSiFronts.jpg

PS 4556...
108.jpg

...a.k.a. Miss 2015:
353800.jpg

Oh an this beauty that Jack Gretz made for me; SC Semi-Hollow with full BRW neck (25.5" scale):
GretzTop.jpg

It's double standards though. How is this any different to showing off guitars in the other thread that was closed for doing exactly that? blue/black/pink/yellow etc it doesn't matter. How am I supposed to adhere to rules and be respectful of them if they are so obviously ignored elsewhere on the forum?

Because they are NOT about the guitars by other companies. No one has ever said you can NEVER mention guitars from other companies...

I didn't see the other thread, but the general rule of thumb seems to be that you don't have to deny the existence of other brands - like in this thread - but we don't have threads to show or denigrate other brands. So, a thread like "Check out my great Les Paul" or "This is why Strats are no good" probably won't fly. Whereas this thread is "Look - guitars are blue".

But that's only my interpretation.

And it is a correct interpretation...

Look, this isn't rocket science. If it was, Dancing Frog would be involved...

If anyone want's to continue the discuss the whys/hows of what is/isn't allowed, I invite you to take it up with me via PM...

BEST. PICTURES. EVER! they are brilliant!

Thanks, dude - that's a nice CE I got off of eBay a long time ago. And Sergio loves CEs...

I call the pic series the dawn of music.

It's also how I think about PRS guitars in particular. I had played at playing for years and years, but it wasn't until I bought my first PRS (a core Santana) thay I really started learning to play and getting somewhere. The action and ease of playing on that Santana was so many light-years ahead of what I had been trying to learn on that it was like starting over learning to read, but being able to see for the first time.

Last edited:
And Sergio loves CEs...

Especially blue CE's! Being able to take the neck off makes 'em way easier to paint. :rock:

Side note: I don't think I've ever seen a thread started on a Friday get this much attention before. I'd like to think it's 'cause y'all like bustin' on me more than you like like blue guitars, but I'm fairly certain nobody would buy a guitar just to tease me.

11 top what are the specs on that Starla,and the color that guitar freaks me out every time I see it .BEAUTIFUL

So, you think it's coincidence?

Fast Forward 6 months: 11top- "Hey guys check out my new PS titled "Bangin'!" it's a new color Mrs. Veinbuster, Yankeebulldog, and I came up with called "Suck It Sergio Blue". :bawling:

Fast Forward 6 months: 11top- "Hey guys check out my new PS titled "Bangin'!" it's a new color Mrs. Veinbuster, Yankeebulldog, and I came up with called "Suck It Sergio Blue". :bawling:

Truth be known.................there is a blue PS in the works as we speak...................................................................................................................................

"Doug Diamond and Tina S to the courtesy phone, please. 'Yes, Sir Douglas and Madam T.........yep that's right.................and make sure it's spelled correctly on the cert.' "

Last edited:
Back