Seems like it will be a no-PRS Christmas

Tucson Thump

Mint Heavy Relic
At least from Dec 23-27

Only grandchild, 23 months old, is coming for Christmas. He loves getting into things everywhere so all of the PRS and other good guitars will be away in their cases and the Fender Baja Tele and Roadworn Tele will be out with two amps backed up to the wall so he can't get to the hot tubes. Any small stuff like picks and tuners that easily fit in mouths will be up high.

For those of you with previous experience .... what else am I forgetting?

At least from Dec 23-27

Only grandchild, 23 months old, is coming for Christmas. He loves getting into things everywhere so all of the PRS and other good guitars will be away in their cases and the Fender Baja Tele and Roadworn Tele will be out with two amps backed up to the wall so he can't get to the hot tubes. Any small stuff like picks and tuners that easily fit in mouths will be up high.

For those of you with previous experience .... what else am I forgetting?

If you’ve got setting you like on your amp, take a photo of the control panel before the wee man comes to visit.

You know what wee ones are like with knobs and buttons.

Also a word on warning. A friend owned a really good hi-fi many years ago. His young daughter got to the volume control (turned to max). My friend turned on the hi-fi and damaged a very nice set of speakers.

I've got 2 grandsons , and keep my instruments in 2 rooms they know are invitation only . My son when he was a toddler use to crank the volume on the stereo when it was off .. I learned quickly to ALWAYS check the knobs BEFORE turning on when little ones are around.
My son learned quickly not to do it with my amp. The SPL blown him off feet, true story. He's 14 now (it's his birthday today actually) and still refusing to come near my rig

If you’ve got setting you like on your amp, take a photo of the control panel before the wee man comes to visit.

You know what wee ones are like with knobs and buttons.

Also a word on warning. A friend owned a really good hi-fi many years ago. His young daughter got to the volume control (turned to max). My friend turned on the hi-fi and damaged a very nice set of speakers.
That's a good point. They had to take the knobs off of their range because the tyke loves twisting them.

We all had small kids around at some point. I got you!

Can't you just get one of these medium dog cages for the baby for the time you want to rock out?

I thought our little terrier would want to be in there since it is her crate.

It would be a good idea except for the fact that once he sees you do something like flip the latch then he is able to do it. That means I'd have to put a lock on it, which now constitutes child abuse. The terrier has never figured out to open the latch.

You don’t want your only grandchild imprinting on Fenders, do you?
Until he can read there's no fear of that. Of course unless he trips, falls against an amp and has "redneF" imprinted backwards on his forehead.

Maybe I'll get him some buckets to turn over and drum along. But then, do I want him to become a drummer .........

Back