SE Pickups are ok

gwardealy

I replaced the pickups in this Epiphone with SE pickups I had from a PRS.....they sound better in this guitar than they did in the PRS I think. All the guitar parts are this guitar...I was just jamming over song I've been working on

I've got a 2010 SE Singlecut Trem that has pickups in it that don't really work for me... I changed out the SE245 pups in my ZM because I had a set of Burstbuckers lying around the house, but I thought they were okay... maybe I should try the SE245s in my 2010 Singlecut Trem? I've actually got the guitar up for sale locally right now, but it might be more fun to putz around with it a bit...

I put my 245's into a Mira X that I picked up used, had a set of hot Dimarzios that weren't for me. Good choice.

I just bought an SE245. I tend to change the pickups in most of my guitars, and I bought the SE with the intention of changing the pickups pretty much immediately. My expectations were low for the stock pickups in such a cheap guitar.

However, so far I've been incredibly impressed. The blurb says that PRS intention was to produce a vintage sounding instrument and the pickups certainly have great vintage type tone. Plus, the clean up on the volume knobs on both pickups is superb and the range of tones on the tone knobs is great. I'm not sure I would gain as much as I normally do by swapping out the pickups. I was probably going to put a set of Bare Knuckle Mules in there, but so far, I'm pretty much satisfied with the stock tones.

The 245s in my SE Bernie are great. While the thought of upgrading them is still in my mind, I'm in no hurry at all. And I've had the guitar for about 3 years now.

Back