SE One Pickup replacement

Hey everyone! Here to bring this thread from the dead! LOL! I recently acquired an SE ONE and I’m looking to do some upgrades. Mainly a new Graphtech nut, was thinking the SE locking tuners (last priority), new pickup, and adding a Dual Conentric Pot for volume and tone. I’ve read through this and seems like alot of you say keep the stock pickup. I agree there really isn’t much wrong with it but for me it’s microphonic. I’m thinking I might wax pot it. Anyone here do that to theirs to tame down the feedback?

seoneminihum.JPG

Very nice man!!! So I’m going into start my mid list as this.. New Graptech Nut, a Dual Concentric CTS Pot with chrome knobs, and I plan on wax potting the stock pickup so I can play it at louder volumes with my band! I will keep you all posted!

What’s up guys! Tonight was the first practice I got to rock the SE ONE with the band and WOOOOW! Here I thought I might need to wax pot the pickup…didn’t have any issues with feedback and was VERY HAPPY with the stock pickup! You guys are totally right right n this guitar being a sleeper! It held its ground next to my McCarty the whole rehearsal.

What’s up guys! Tonight was the first practice I got to rock the SE ONE with the band and WOOOOW! Here I thought I might need to wax pot the pickup…didn’t have any issues with feedback and was VERY HAPPY with the stock pickup! You guys are totally right right n this guitar being a sleeper! It held its ground next to my McCarty the whole rehearsal.
See??!! The One is the one. :cool: It dodges bullets, flies around and messes with the Matrix.

Put in the dual concentric cts pot with a orange drop capacitor today! Now have volume and tone function. first thing I noticed was how much fuller the pickup sounds when the volume is rolled down while the clarity remains.

Back