Pickup change hollowbody2

Thanks for the reply. I just not happy with the neck or bridge pickup. I like the guitar and the acoustic sound works good for live. I am just looking for options.

It is hard to describe. I play such a variety, I would like something not as hot, maybe paf type. I know that when I have changed pickups in solid body guitars the results are not always what I expected. Hollow bodys are lot more difficult to change. So thats why I'm asking for other opinions.

I have 57/08's in mine. It's "less hot and more PAF" as you said. I have them on a coil tap switch. Tone is subjective but I'm really happy with them. I guess changing them is more difficult than a solid body, but if you loosen the pickup selector switch you can access everything pretty easily through the F hole.

I changed them because I had the pickups, then got the guitar, and figured I should have my 'best' pickups in my best guitar. I wasn't expecting to have such different amp settings between them, and it's hard to do a direct comparison because of that. My perception is the 57/08s are cleaner, more 'natural', more harmonic, and they sound good tapped.

Make sure to use surgical tubing or dental floss on the items that will go into the body.

sqBIC2Q.jpg

Glad to see that pic. I’m looking to replace the Archtops in mine with a set of MJ’s Magicbuckers I picked up a while back. It doesn’t look as daunting with the pickups out.

It’s not as easy as a solid body, but it’s not rocket science. Just take it slow and be methodical.

I have a vintage bass that came out of my 1997 custom 24 laying around for twenty years. I wonder how it would sound in the holllowbody. I wish I still had that guitar it was a 10 top. it was stolen from a club I was playing at back in 2003.

Back