Se one custom

TrevorSOJA

check our this collaboration from PRS and my good friend Dave from Seaford Music to promote our new record “poetry in motion”. Please give the album a listen. I went crazy in the studio using different guitar/amp/pedal combos. Thanks to everyone that made this happen. Alil bit about the guitar.

I had the idea to get the album art work on a guitar. Dave had a Used SE one at the shop so he volunteered the guitar. I wanted basically the capability to use the electric pu or have a piezo like I would in a p22. We swapped the standard p90 for a Duncan antiquity and Dave mounted a fishman power bridge on the guitar. Wired to a passive volume control we are able to not have to have a 9v battery in the guitar and I used a radial tonebone as a preamp on my pedalboard. Maybe Dave will chime in and elaborate on this. PRS kinda printed the artwork via some magic technology and the result is this

Ahh what does that mean? No photos? Thought I did that right but it’s been awhile. Like the terminology tho Sergio

Ahh what does that mean? No photos? Thought I did that right but it’s been awhile. Like the terminology tho Sergio

Yeah, the pics aren’t showing. Photobucket charges big money to embed photos on forums now. They pretty much forced the forum world to move to a different hosting site, like Imgur or something.

Psyched to see your One and give the new songs a listen.

7lgziA8.jpg
Dn6qonE.jpg
nrqpnBL.jpg
OAMZ12T.jpg

Believe it or not I've been fixing and fabricating gear for Trevor for almost 20 years (nearly 10 for SOJA) and it's sometimes a challenge, always a blast to express my inner tech side. It usually starts with a conversation between Trevor and I that goes something like, "hey do you think you could build something that will......." or "do you think there is anyway we could add .........., to one of these?". My reply of "let me think about it, I will figure something out" is the standard answer. That's where this guitar came from and I gotta say it turned out well. To me the key was being able to selectively use the Fishman Piezo system and the P90 separately, whenever the need arose. Trevor had been wanting a P90 guitar for a while (obsessing is a bit of an understatement but if you're on this forum you get it), and he tends to switch between an electric guitar and an acoustic guitar mid song and back again these days. Hopefully with this guitar that should become easier. When he hits the studio he has an arsenal of incredible acoustic instruments available to him, but for live action and touring, convenience is a plus. The guitar has two separate independent outputs so the acoustic sound can be routed straight into his Radial Tonebone preamp, which is fed to the FOH (and monitors). The output from the P90 is directed through his pedalboard to his amps on stage, the same as all his other PRS electrics he uses. I used a stacked volume pot to control the volumes for the two systems separately and the P90 signal has a tone control using an old vintage NOS Sprague cap from my secret stash. As Trevor mentioned PRS was kind enough to help with putting the SOJA album artwork on it and that turned out amazing. I chose a clear pickgaurd to show off as much of that artwork as possible, and left the control cavity exposed to show what it looks like under the hood. During SOJA's hometown show at the Anthem in DC I was able to listen to that guitar from FOH and it cut through the mix perfectly, and sounded amazing with slide. If you get a chance to catch SOJA on tour to support "Poetry in Motion" you can see (and hear) for yourself. Who knows, maybe we can start something and PRS will bring back the SE One. A highly underrated guitar.

Back