SE Hollowbody Standard, pics and teardown

Haha, the first thing I did with the endoscope was stick it up my nose. You wanted something else? Honestly the thing's junk. I should have expected less than I did for $25. I can't decide if I want to keep it for around the house stuff like plumbing or auto repair, or send it back.

OK, so on the plus side, I also bought a Galaxy S10 to replace my old phone that's over 3 years old, with the battery failing, the camera glass cracked, and an inability to charge via the charging port (wireless still worked). B&H had them on sale for $599. I could have bought a pretty decent guitar for that kind of money, and the guitar would last WAY longer. OK, I digress. I used the macro lens on the S10 to get some cool new photos of the insides, which were all way better than what the endoscope was doing.

The standard has a 5 ply top.

1wTsPuC.jpg

There's no treble bleed on the volume pot.

zoIo93A.jpg

The pickups are 4 conductor.

67HIF7z.jpg

The bridge block has a cutout for Piezo wires, so @jak3af3r may have accurately predicted the future.

sq0Db9m.jpg

This picture is kind of crummy, but it shows the black plastic clips that hold the wires in place. Nice touch. There's also some glue squeeze out visible. Thinking about how it's built, seems like this would be inevitable, but it's the only non-precise thing I see. It also shows the block running to support the pickups.

fUsxdPu.jpg

Back