SE Customs Now Manufactured in Indonesia?

Hi all.

First post here (I'm mostly on Marshall Forum or TGP).

I'm very interested in the new Spalted Maple top SE C24 coming out. But when? I can find no information except on the GC website (which I have found to be spectacularly wrong) of July 4. My Sweetwater rep says he has no info on it at all.

Does anyone know anything about them?

Thanks.

I'm very interested in the new Spalted Maple top SE C24 coming out. But when? I can find no information except on the GC website (which I have found to be spectacularly wrong) of July 4. My Sweetwater rep says he has no info on it at all.

Sweetwater has been offering them for some time now, but currently out of stock. Apparently they're very popular, so it's good to pre-order and get in line :)

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...-24-exotic-top-spalted-maple-vintage-sunburst

In terms of specs they're the same as the other 2018 SE Custom 24s. Here's a video:

My Sweetwater rep says they have no info on when they will get any.

If you email PRS Customer Support they may be able to tell you when the next run will reach the retailers (they helped me in that regard).

I don't have any of that with mine, the fret ends are silky smooth and the clear is fine,

5JjEudH.jpg

There are a couple of spots here that look odd, like it wasn't sanded well enough and a little bit of glue seepage at the neck joint but I really had to search to notice it and it truly looks worse in these photos.

MqZCJbO.jpg

And here's an overall shot.

xWoFJu4.jpg
That glue squeezeout problem is something I have seen on many SEs from both countries. Notably on ZM sig models

I have a new 2018 Custom SE Red Burst, Indonesian-made. Bought it from my local music dealer, and must say it is awesome in every way. I’ve played many guitars over 28 years, and this beast is right up there with the best. The setup was great, the finish looks awesome, and the pickups are excellent. I’ve played it through a Mesa Dual Rec, an Orange, Peavey 6505, Soldano, and a Line 6. The cleans and dirties through all of them were great. Very well made guitar. The only flaw I can mention is the edge of the fretboard by the low E string at the first fret is a little rough. No affect on playability whatsoever.

I have a new 2018 Custom SE Red Burst, Indonesian-made. Bought it from my local music dealer, and must say it is awesome in every way. I’ve played many guitars over 28 years, and this beast is right up there with the best. The setup was great, the finish looks awesome, and the pickups are excellent. I’ve played it through a Mesa Dual Rec, an Orange, Peavey 6505, Soldano, and a Line 6. The cleans and dirties through all of them were great. Very well made guitar. The only flaw I can mention is the edge of the fretboard by the low E string at the first fret is a little rough. No affect on playability whatsoever.

Who was the manufacturer of your new 2018 Custom SE Red Burst was it PT Wildwood or Cor-Tek?

FWIW, I just got a 2019 SE C24, Zebrawood, that was made by Cor-Tek in Indonesia. Construction, workmanship, and setup (right off the rack from Guitar Center) were flawless. I can't see a problem with the manufacturer of this instrument.

Late to the party. I was finally going to pick up the black SE SVN as my preferred vendor is about to have them in stock. I have kinda developed a preference for the Korean World factory guitars (SE, Schecter, and ESP). An Indonesia made for the same price as a S Korea is a deal breaker. :(

Late to the party. I was finally going to pick up the black SE SVN as my preferred vendor is about to have them in stock. I have kinda developed a preference for the Korean World factory guitars (SE, Schecter, and ESP). An Indonesia made for the same price as a S Korea is a deal breaker. :(

Why might that be? PRS contracts the builds for entry level models in Korea and Indonesia to be built to PRS specs. If you want prettier tops they build them in Korea. If you want the same guitar with a crappy top you can save a few bucks and get the Indonesian. The corks on the imports smell the same ;)

Why might that be? PRS contracts the builds for entry level models in Korea and Indonesia to be built to PRS specs. If you want prettier tops they build them in Korea. If you want the same guitar with a crappy top you can save a few bucks and get the Indonesian. The corks on the imports smell the same ;)
Not so on the top, anyway! I just got a 2018 CU24SE that has a flame maple cherry sunburst top that's as glorious as anything I've seen, proudly crafted by Cor-Tek in Indonesia.

Not so on the top, anyway! I just got a 2018 CU24SE that has a flame maple cherry sunburst top that's as glorious as anything I've seen, proudly crafted by Cor-Tek in Indonesia.

How about a pic? That post was just me being a @ick. I think it's kinda silly when someone adopts a persnickety attitude between Korea and Indonesia guitars. I opted for the Indonesian guitar and am very pleased even knowing Korean CNC machines are much better ;)

How about a pic? That post was just me being a @ick. I think it's kinda silly when someone adopts a persnickety attitude between Korea and Indonesia guitars. I opted for the Indonesian guitar and am very pleased even knowing Korean CNC machines are much better ;)

You do realise that all the CNC machines are made in the same factory?!;);)

I bought a 2017 Custom 22 Semi Hollow that was manufactured in Indonesia. Having a 2005 Korean Standard 22, I was very much looking forward to this new model. I’m not saying all Indonesian guitars are bad, but mine was not a good example. It had very sloppy fret glue and the volume pot was mounted at an angle to the point where the knob was rubbing the finish.

PRS was great to work with though. I sent it back and bought a B-Stock 2017 Korean version. It is better in nearly every way. The finish is better, and the electronics and frets are perfect.

Like I said, this was just one example. I certainly won’t be purchasing another Indonesian model without very carefully inspecting it myself though.

Realize this post is over a year old. I’m new here so please forgive me. I was searching about World Music & Cor Tek manufacturing details and it brought me here. I just bought a 2018 SE Custom 24 Vintage Sunburst Spalted and it’s quite possibly the most beautiful instrument I’ve ever held. I admittedly didn’t like the “spalted” look as most that I had seen looked like someone’s kid grabbed a Sharpie and went to town on Daddy’s new guitar. Until I saw mine hanging high above my head at “Ish Guitars” in Syracuse NY. Absolutely stunning. I was warned not to post links until I have three posts so I will at a later date share a pic. Subtle spalting, beautiful finish, perfect binding and plays like a dream. And indeed crafted in Indonesia from the Cor-Tek factory. Just wanted to say hello and thanks for letting me chime in.
Cheers!
Stay Spalty!

Realize this post is over a year old. I was warned not to post links until I have three posts so I will at a later date share a pic. Subtle spalting, beautiful finish, perfect binding and plays like a dream. And indeed crafted in Indonesia from the Cor-Tek factory.

The spalted maple finish is one of my favorites. I wound up getting an SE CU24 with a different finish as the spalted maple wasn't available at the time, but I still miss it. I'm also glad to hear that yours is put together perfectly. I look forward to seeing your pictures.

Realize this post is over a year old. I’m new here so please forgive me. I was searching about World Music & Cor Tek manufacturing details and it brought me here. I just bought a 2018 SE Custom 24 Vintage Sunburst Spalted and it’s quite possibly the most beautiful instrument I’ve ever held. I admittedly didn’t like the “spalted” look as most that I had seen looked like someone’s kid grabbed a Sharpie and went to town on Daddy’s new guitar. Until I saw mine hanging high above my head at “Ish Guitars” in Syracuse NY. Absolutely stunning. I was warned not to post links until I have three posts so I will at a later date share a pic. Subtle spalting, beautiful finish, perfect binding and plays like a dream. And indeed crafted in Indonesia from the Cor-Tek factory. Just wanted to say hello and thanks for letting me chime in.
Cheers!
Stay Spalty!

Yes, great guitars, and a great choice on your part. Pay no attention to the couple of haters, the Cor-Tek guitars are the real deal, and equal in every way to any SE made anywhere.

I know mine is fantastic! :)

47587767432_dae59f8c83_o.jpg

Back