NGD - SE Soapbar in da howze

Jimi D

@ the hundredth meridian
I owned an SE Soapbar back in 2004 or so and gigged it for about a year before replacing it with a McSoapy that I sadly never really bonded with. Anyway, I don't see them pop up often around here, but I had a some money burning a hole in my pocket and couldn't resist this one. It was real cheap but I had to scrape off some grime to find the guitar underneath. Cleaned it good, adjusted the truss rod and tossed the "amber" SE speed knobs for this set I found in my parts drawer temporarily while I source something more appropriate. Man I love the Moons on these old SEs. I remembered that I liked the pickups on my old one and these don't disappoint, but I haven't pulled it apart yet to see if they're original or not... Still, a great little rock'n'roll guitar for substantially less $$ than PRS charges for a pair of new pickups. Happy New Guitar Day to me :)

lng0bhh.jpg

ElXN6Gt.jpg

I owned an SE Soapbar back in 2004 or so and gigged it for about a year before replacing it with a McSoapy that I sadly never really bonded with. Anyway, I don't see them pop up often around here, but I had a some money burning a hole in my pocket and couldn't resist this one. It was real cheap but I had to scrape off some grime to find the guitar underneath. Cleaned it good, adjusted the truss rod and tossed the "amber" SE speed knobs for this set I found in my parts drawer temporarily while I source something more appropriate. Man I love the Moons on these old SEs. I remembered that I liked the pickups on my old one and these don't disappoint, but I haven't pulled it apart yet to see if they're original or not... Still, a great little rock'n'roll guitar for substantially less $$ than PRS charges for a pair of new pickups. Happy New Guitar Day to me :)

lng0bhh.jpg

ElXN6Gt.jpg
Wow, congrats, man!

lng0bhh.jpg

ElXN6Gt.jpg

Do your pickup ht. adjustment screws touch the polepieces of your pickups?

Mine do. Don't know if mine have been changed or if they're original.

The heads of the adjustment screws seem just a little too big in mine tho.

Here's mine. And here's the old pickup adjustment screws. I don't think they were original. I had some that were the right size from a set of Duncan Antiquity P90's and replaced them.

And here's the pickup ht. adjustment screws the guitar came with. The heads were too big. rubbed against the polepieces. I'll keep them anyway.

I’ve got nothing to compare them to, but on their own they look like bridge screws. Obviously if they fit through pickup covers they’re unlikely to be.

lng0bhh.jpg

ElXN6Gt.jpg
Question: Are the pickups in yours humcancelling when they are combined?

One would need to be RW/RP for that to happen.

The pickups in mine are not humcancelling when combined.

Just wondering.

Back