Saving a PRS CE-22

Dude, are you in Towson??

Across the street and a little East on Joppa Road from the Towson GC is an electronic parts store called Bainesville Electronics. They will have the EXACT matching cap. Take the cap or the pic with you.

Dude, are you in Towson??

Across the street and a little East on Joppa Road from the Towson GC is an electronic parts store called Bainesville Electronics. They will have the EXACT matching cap. Take the cap or the pic with you.

Nope. Unfortunately I'm not. I am in Cedar Rapids, IA.

The neck is almost done. New PRS tuners are on order.
0414162147_zpsao9hrkqd.jpg

Mairj, this undertaking of yours has served to inspire my "Dog of Frankenstein" `98 CU24 restoration attempt. If you can make your CE22 play again, my CU24 should be a piece of cake. In theory. Hopefully. Maybe.

Thanks everyone. It is definitely not perfect, but hopefully it will play okay and sound halfway decent.

My wife told me over the weekend that she wants me to sell it when it is done. I argued (and will continue to argue) that I may never be able to own a guitar like this again. The story of its resurrection alone is worth keeping it, I think. Besides, I tried to tell her that it really isn't worth anything after all the damage it sustained.

Thanks everyone. It is definitely not perfect, but hopefully it will play okay and sound halfway decent.

My wife told me over the weekend that she wants me to sell it when it is done. I argued (and will continue to argue) that I may never be able to own a guitar like this again. The story of its resurrection alone is worth keeping it, I think. Besides, I tried to tell her that it really isn't worth anything after all the damage it sustained.

Well, if you don't sell it, and she gets really mad and trashes it, at least you know you'll be able to fix her again...

I say keep it...that thing is like the Serenity...love's gonna hold her together :)

Tell her you sold it to me, and that I gifted it back to you for doing such a noble thing as keeping this beast alive!

Last edited:
I'm having some issues with the wiring. I ordered a new wiring kit for it, but it didn't come with any schematics. The one below was suggested, but my PRS pickups have three wires, not four. And I also do not know what is north and south start and finish on the PRS pickups. How do I make this work? Any ideas?
wd2hh5r11_04_zps1aiisa2n.jpg

Back