SAS Spa Treatment!

You sir have a keen eye.. lol. We had one on the family farm when I was growing up, it was responsible for more than one broken arm :)

my first vehicle was a 62 Scout :cool:

My Grandpa, later in life, got into restoring vintage tractors and he had an F-20 among others. My dad also made the same comment about it having the potential to break arms.

Was that from a manual start?

Very nice guitar! I love that finish/color, in fact--just as nice-looking as some of the best Core ones that had been made.

Not to make you doubt the guitar, but have you considered going with a Mann bridge & tremolo block, as well? I've done 2 of those replacements (one on a late-model CE, the other on an S2 Standard) and they're indeed very nice.

Was that from a manual start?
Yes. You'd have to crank it by hand. I never did it though as that set of grandparents was older and not actively farming by the time I was old enough to operate anything.

The other set still actively farms (mostly just raising cattle and cutting hay) and I've helped there. However their stuff is newer (barely) and doesn't have to be manually cranked.

Yes. You'd have to crank it by hand. I never did it though as that set of grandparents was older and not actively farming by the time I was old enough to operate anything.

The other set still actively farms (mostly just raising cattle and cutting hay) and I've helped there. However their stuff is newer (barely) and doesn't have to be manually cranked.

This was a commission that my Pops did for a local tractor guy. Couldn’t tell you what make it was -

Very nice guitar! I love that finish/color, in fact--just as nice-looking as some of the best Core ones that had been made.

Not to make you doubt the guitar, but have you considered going with a Mann bridge & tremolo block, as well? I've done 2 of those replacements (one on a late-model CE, the other on an S2 Standard) and they're indeed very nice.

Thanks.. I'll have to check out John's bridge and trem block, figuring since I got the guitar at such a great price I can justify dropping a few coins into it.

Charles

Just ordered the John Mann brass bridge/trem block replacement for my Iri blue SE SAS Special. I’m expecting more sustain and improved tone from the stock to all brass trem. I have PRS SE locking tuners to install, plus I’m considering doing a very minor level and crown before polishing the frets. I’m going to replace the Push-Pull tone pot with a Push-Push but I have to pull it apart to get dimensions and value before I can order. I also have a 6-position Freeway switch to install which will split the humbuckers and the push-push will add the middle pickup to any switch position. I’ll start the upgrades when I have all the parts.

Just ordered the John Mann brass bridge/trem block replacement for my Iri blue SE SAS Special. I’m expecting more sustain and improved tone from the stock to all brass trem. I have PRS SE locking tuners to install, plus I’m considering doing a very minor level and crown before polishing the frets. I’m going to replace the Push-Pull tone pot with a Push-Push but I have to pull it apart to get dimensions and value before I can order. I also have a 6-position Freeway switch to install which will split the humbuckers and the push-push will add the middle pickup to any switch position. I’ll start the upgrades when I have all the parts.

Sounds like some cool mods, especially the "freeway" 6 position.. let us know how it all comes together.

Charles

Back