SAS Spa Treatment!

5Springer

So today my new SE SAS is getting some love, it's one of the few guitars that I've purchased I didn't feel a need to make immediate changes such as strings, action or intonation.. it's been almost perfect right out of the box!

Today's agenda is a good cleaning and wax job, fret polishing, installing locking tuners, new strings ( Daddario 10's), intonation adjustments, core knobs and a possible truss rod cover upgrade :)

Wow - those birds are on an SE!?! I thought SE’s all got the bland white plastic. That’s a cool guitar.
Yeah the birds are sweet, a whole lot of guitar for $699! I'm thrilled to own it..

They have same on the SE HB II Piezo, but I think these on the SE SAS are more brilliant.

Nice work! I've been doing the same on a recent aquisition, not an SE SAS.

Thanks, I'm also shopping for a SE HB.. not looking at the Piezo but played a couple yesterday and they were sweet! So thin and light, a lot more comfortable than a 335.. I was expecting a huge neck but actually thinner than my McCarty and felt great..

Freakin' beauty! :cool:

Thank you! I totally lucked out on that one, my friend Jack, at Northeastern music hooked me up :)

All finished :) The 10's seemed to really wake this thing up! The brass shaft locking tuners probably helped along with some pickup tweaks that I made.
I had originally planned on rewiring and possibly changing pickups but I'm digging all the unique tones Im getting so no sense trying to make it into something it's not.. she's a keeper!

All finished :) The 10's seemed to really wake this thing up! The brass shaft locking tuners probably helped along with some pickup tweaks that I made.
I had originally planned on rewiring and possibly changing pickups but I'm digging all the unique tones Im getting so no sense trying to make it into something it's not.. she's a keeper!

I’m glad you said that about the SE lockers. I thought the same thing, but was sceptical that it might just be auto-suggestion on my part when I put them on my SE 245.

Is that a farmall F-20?

You sir have a keen eye.. lol. We had one on the family farm when I was growing up, it was responsible for more than one broken arm :)

my first vehicle was a 62 Scout :cool:
My Grandpa, later in life, got into restoring vintage tractors and he had an F-20 among others. My dad also made the same comment about it having the potential to break arms.

Back